Disecq 1.2 "Recalculate"

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

msilver511

Disecq 1.2 "Recalculate"

Post by msilver511 »

What it does? I really can grasp the idea. If I used the command while parking in one satellite all others positions are lost, and the "new" positions are really far away of the ones a saved before. Tks .

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Disecq 1.2 "Recalculate"

Post by Feralkiwi »

Recalculate moves all the current positions by the same amount for the position you move.

This is used to adjust all positions for a loss of "Count" or a movement of the actuator it self.
When the actuator moves, the small switch in the base sends pulses to the controller. Some times these pulses are missed and the set positions become out by a few counts.
This means your position as set is better if you move it manually a few clicks left or right.
To use this you move to the new "Best" position for one of your positions and recalculate with that positions number.
The result is all positions will be adjusted by the difference between where that position was and where you now have it.
So if position 22 was at count 165 and you find the best count for position 22 is 169, then all positions would have 4 added to their count. position 25 at count 223 would now be at count 227.

If you use this option at random you will end with counts off the scale and have to reset and start over.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

msilver511

Post by msilver511 »

Excelent answer! thank you very much! Now I understand... Another question regarding my motor (SG-2100) I assumed that 10 "clicks" in the receiver equal to 1 degree in azimuth?. Sorry if not clear enough. Thank you. (This motor is not USALS capable)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I don't know what degree you will get.

The way to work it out is to count the clicks between two or more known sats and calculate from that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Larry

Post by Larry »

The number of counts per degree can also change when you are at the extreme ends of your dish movement. I have coverage from 131.0W to 30W. I get 10 counts per degree until I get below about 55.5W as the actuator angle changes it gets much more critical. At around 30W it is only 2 or 3 counts per degree.

msilver511

Post by msilver511 »

Larry wrote:The number of counts per degree can also change when you are at the extreme ends of your dish movement. I have coverage from 131.0W to 30W. I get 10 counts per degree until I get below about 55.5W as the actuator angle changes it gets much more critical. At around 30W it is only 2 or 3 counts per degree.
Exactly! I tried to make a diagram from my arc, (old school you know), in paper with a protractor and yes at the top of the arc I'm about 10 clicks, at the end of the arc is less than 1 hehehe but I know There is nothing past 129w in my area, and I dont have clear view below (Or at last I hope it is) 58w in Ku.

So, after some calculations good news!! I had a lot of problems trying to catch Galaxy 25, so I just "guess" with "clicks" then blind scan and Score! Frequencies were different as the ones I tried before, but got it! It was 8 clicks from Galaxy 3C.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”