dead V7 hd and V7 Max

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bellesdad

dead V7 hd and V7 Max

Post by bellesdad »

Today 08/11/2018 Well can I save a V7 hd and a V7 Max? both would not take the new firmware as I used a desktop and through finally got the recievers to accept the
new firm ware 02/11/2018 and now the recievers will not tune NSS 9 177W . they accept the setup to add a new satto the reciever but tune in any channels on this sat no. my They do not even show a signal now. whats wrong?

STRETCH

Re: dead V7 hd and V7 Max

Post by STRETCH »

Are you using the said receivers with a motor, you may have to reinput your LAT / LONG, then go to the last position (sat) you were no.
This may solve the issue.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you upgrading via the PC app?
I loaded the new V8 Golden software and still get A F N of NSS9@177w.
I upgraded using the "Main Code" option. This saves reloading your Softcam.key and user data but misses the factory reset function that the "All Code" option does.

As for no signal from NSS9 for A F N, do you still see the MTN and Hope channels?
Check you antenna setting for LNB frequency etc as well.
If you saved (USB Back up) your user data, you can reload that data and the same settings and channel should be there.
You can load the same user data file into the V7HD as the V7 Max.

Owen

PS: Due to laptop crash my email access is infrequent. Drop me a PM here if t\you need to.
My full access browser is now via my Freesat GTC.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bellesdad

Post by bellesdad »

Not using a motor yet If I do will use a separate motor control, I know this is old fashon but if you reciever stops working you can still use another unit and still change from sat to sat.
Also i used the PC method I hoped I followed the instructions so and I used set top puter even made a usb cable. When I finished I checked in 'tools' to see if it upgraded had to load in NSS 9 and no signal at all.
I used the one in the Garage(where the antenna is) to power up the lnb and watch tv when when working on my projects I miss the American Sports I grew up in the states now here for about 35 years total.
The recievers woulden't upgrade this time with a USB stick. They said they were burning in the new program but when checking in tools to see the date of the upgrade still was the old date, now the upgrade is in the box but no signal at all

Thanks for the info STRETCH and Feralkiwi

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you USB upgraded, did you select the correct software file?
I rename my files after I unpack them.
"Freesat_v7_hd.bin" renames to "Freesat_v7_hd20181102.bin"

With the Newer names being long, you can not see the version date so I now cut the GTMedia part off.
"GTMedia_V7Plus.bin" renamed to "V7Plus20181029.bin"

This way you can see what version you are reloading from USB.

Owen

PM sent
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”