freesat v7/V8 disconnects from server here

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Kebaps

freesat v7/V8 disconnects from server

Post by Kebaps »

so i have noticed, like a week ago, my freesat v7 disconnects form the cam server after like a 2-3 hours, and only restart helps, it happens on 2 units in different places, with different internet connections, i even got new test lines and same thing happens on both units
anyone had this problem? what might be the solution?
it doesnt happen on my e2 box

ps. when i check in the settings, the lines are working but it wont decode any programs

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: freesat v7 disconnects from server

Post by juan_vale »

Lots of peeps are having this problem.... see here >>>
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10898
and here >><
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10886
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Kebaps

Re: freesat v7 disconnects from server

Post by Kebaps »

well so theres a chance they will fix it, if so many ppl have this problem lately
i kinda regret updating the box

Rambo

Re: freesat v7/V8 disconnects from server

Post by Rambo »

Kebaps wrote:so i have noticed, like a week ago, my freesat v7 disconnects form the cam server after like a 2-3 hours, and only restart helps, it happens on 2 units in different places, with different internet connections, i even got new test lines and same thing happens on both units

ps. when i check in the settings, the lines are working but it wont decode any programs

Please update the firmware . the new one fixed that problem .
Day Day Up!

averia

Post by averia »

Instalado muevo firware y problema resuelto, gracias

kzdor78

Post by kzdor78 »

que version has actualizado la de 19/11/2018 ? gracias

Kebaps

Post by Kebaps »

Rambo wrote:Please update the firmware . the new one fixed that problem .
yes, seems like the latest update has fixed the problem, but theres no info in changelog

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Rambo wrote:
Kebaps wrote:so i have noticed, like a week ago, my freesat v7 disconnects form the cam server after like a 2-3 hours, and only restart helps, it happens on 2 units in different places, with different internet connections, i even got new test lines and same thing happens on both units

Hello,
Could you please explain us what is happening and why is this problem occurring?
Many thanks, BR.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: freesat v7/V8 disconnects from server here

Post by juan_vale »

I think we can draw our own conclusions.... one of two possible outcomes if you update to 20181119:
(a) if you have a genuine Freesat box everything works smoothly... no glitches
(b) if you have a clone box it gets bricked.

I did my 3 boxes today (V7HD's) and all are working fine. Sigh of relief... :D
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

RGG1 wrote:
Rambo wrote:

Hello,
Could you please explain us what is happening and why is this problem occurring?
Many thanks, BR.
The latest firmware blocks the box and restarts it continuously on some channels.
Frequencies:
Satellite Astra 19,2E: 12515H
Satellite Hotbird 13E: 10929H

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Others have complained about 12515 H since the V8 Nova came out.

Search "12515" on the forum to see these posts.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Others have complained about 12515 H since the V8 Nova came out.

Search "12515" on the forum to see these posts.

Owen
Thank you very much Owen,
but the problem of the box is not that it freezes, the problem is with the new firmware and with certain frequencies it is restarted continuously. With the version 579 that I had installed it worked perfectly. It has been installing the latest version and starting to fail. Also in the version 20181102 that also tested 4 frequencies failed and in the last 20181119 there is 2 frequencies fail.
BR.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I had thought that this was from the internet providers blocking the set top box, as many now do.
This now looks like an error in the software that causes a crash when the internet is used for Ccam.
It maybe the type of Ccam or the received codes for this TV channel on 12515 H.
Do you know if this channel set that uses Ccam on 12515 H does anything different that other Ccam accounts do?
Does it request for codes more often?
Are the codes longer?
Are the pass words etc longer?
There must be something different about these Ccam accounts that change the function of the Freesat units.

These things could exceed the allocate memory space in the Freesat unit, a bit like how weak HD channel signals often crash freesat units as they save more and more data while trying to correct for the corrupt signal stream.
It could be the internet protocol for this Ccam account is different and the Freesat unit does not have that.

The problem with all this listed above is that the older versions of software did work.
This again leads me to internet providers blocking STB's.
It may be that the new software has newer versions of internet software that has functions for blocking content that the ISP's (internet service provider) are now using, a bit like how your internet modem at home has software that allows the ISP to slow your internet at your modem. (powering the modem off and on will restore speed)

If you have any knowledge on this I suggest you email Freesat service on the subject.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Feralkiwi wrote:I had thought that this was from the internet providers blocking the set top box, as many now do.
This now looks like an error in the software that causes a crash when the internet is used for Ccam.
It maybe the type of Ccam or the received codes for this TV channel on 12515 H.
Do you know if this channel set that uses Ccam on 12515 H does anything different that other Ccam accounts do?
Does it request for codes more often?
Are the codes longer?
Are the pass words etc longer?
There must be something different about these Ccam accounts that change the function of the Freesat units.

These things could exceed the allocate memory space in the Freesat unit, a bit like how weak HD channel signals often crash freesat units as they save more and more data while trying to correct for the corrupt signal stream.
It could be the internet protocol for this Ccam account is different and the Freesat unit does not have that.

The problem with all this listed above is that the older versions of software did work.
This again leads me to internet providers blocking STB's.
It may be that the new software has newer versions of internet software that has functions for blocking content that the ISP's (internet service provider) are now using, a bit like how your internet modem at home has software that allows the ISP to slow your internet at your modem. (powering the modem off and on will restore speed)

If you have any knowledge on this I suggest you email Freesat service on the subject.

Owen
Thanks again Owen.
The problem is 100% secure firmware, have nothing to do the ISP or cccam. I have several V8super and I tried to update only 1 to see what happened. Connected to the same router and with the same cccam, the only one that fails in those frequencies is the updated, the others continue to work well except that when 1 hour has passed it stops working. With firmware 20181102 there are 4 frequencies of the Astra 19,2E and Hotbird 13E satellites failed and however with the firmware of 20181119 only 2 frequencies fail, that means that with the latest firmware the freesat/gtmedia guys partially solved the problem. It seems clear that what they have done is try to block the boxes that are not original, the problem is that they have harmed us without prior notice to all of us who have the originals.
BR.

Zsoltiy

Post by Zsoltiy »

Hi, I just got my new Freesat V7 HD today and was enjoying it for an hour. Now the Cccam won't connect to the servers, when I check in settings it says "Ready for work" and when I try watching channels it says "Encrypt program". If I go back to the CS Protocol settings, now the status is "Waiting CW". I press on Apply and it says "ready for work" again, but the channels won't open. I have the latest upgrade :( Why is this happening?

olieee

Post by olieee »

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with two receiver freesat V7 since last few days. The receivers work for 1h and then stop and then I have to switch off and switch on and it works well. What is going on ? I have not had this problem before. I've been using freesat V7 for over 1,5 h year and they had working well.
What is a problem ? I have never upgraded software of the receivers.

alieks76

Post by alieks76 »

I have the same problem. After some time, writes "encoded"

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”