Re: Firmware Update Request

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Well, there is another reason to fix the dish taking off problem. When I go to Anik F2 to look at the guide on CityTV as soon as I hit the EPG button the dish takes off over to Decades, the last channel I was on. I can't get it to show me the EPG for CityTV. This dish moving on its own is a serious problem for those of us with motorized dishes.

I can't use the channel sort feature and channel groups are a problem, everything I do makes the dish take off to the first channel on the list before I can select the channel I want. Setup is a BIG problem because the dish takes off every time you enter the menu and all of your fine tuning of the dish position is lost before you can store it. You have to keep turning off the mover box and then turning it back on to store the position. I sure wish they would fix this issue.

munsonbc

Post by munsonbc »

I think we should group together in the same thread all of the requests for improvements in the next firmware. That way threads do not get lost.

Sure we would love that our sole, personal request be attended because we might consider more important above other's requests but in the end they all are the same: asking coders to see if they can fix some details.

munsonbc

Post by munsonbc »

cpr43 wrote:I do not think the same. In order to explain, discuss and let them clearly what we need ,all request in the forum post should be separate. A bunch of request all together within a, same request will create confusion. This is not a contest and no one is looking to be above no one.
I get what you mean , but in other forums they also have specific threads where they ask what improvements could be done, that's the best way for developers and coders to look in a single thread all the questions, otherwise quite a few of them would get lost because requests with no replies would get buried by people asking other things, with the caveat that in the future it could only make the poster to post another thread to ask for the same thing.

As for your request it could be useful even though signal strenght and PIDs are already displayed. If we want to look at strenght by itself to fine tune we just go to the menu and select the transponder we're interested in. What would be more helpful is to display the modulation and audio and video codecs in use:

QPSK, 8PSK and h.264, mpeg-2, mpeg audio, aac, etcetera.
cpr43 wrote:Hijacking others people post is not allow in many forums.
It is not hijacking it at long as it is the same theme, in this case: requests for future upgrades. I've moderated other forums and that's actually helpful in that we as mods or admins don't have to keep moving, closing, or joining similar threads onto a single one. It actually makes the forum more user friendly.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Will not go further. Dont know who you are but I see you know me well. I edited your post which I was really close to deleted because of the use of my name. Being a long time mod in other forum should teach you not to use real names. All this talk has no sense. Will leave your request as the main and will keep mine to share with freesat team.

munsonbc

Post by munsonbc »

uups sorry, since you use your name in your nickname in all the other places I thought it wasn't a big deal.

satdog

Post by satdog »

Yankee495 wrote:Well, there is another reason to fix the dish taking off problem. When I go to Anik F2 to look at the guide on CityTV as soon as I hit the EPG button the dish takes off over to Decades, the last channel I was on. I can't get it to show me the EPG for CityTV. This dish moving on its own is a serious problem for those of us with motorized dishes.

I can't use the channel sort feature and channel groups are a problem, everything I do makes the dish take off to the first channel on the list before I can select the channel I want. Setup is a BIG problem because the dish takes off every time you enter the menu and all of your fine tuning of the dish position is lost before you can store it. You have to keep turning off the mover box and then turning it back on to store the position. I sure wish they would fix this issue.
Do the coders concede there is a problem here ? Sorry I'm new to this forum, but given this is a forum for Freesat receivers I would hope someone from the team would make comment. Your post which will affect all users of motorised dishes including me.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have requested, many times, a feature that asks "Move Dish to XX, YES - NO" that can be selected from the menus, like the options for EPG and channel lists can be selected.

I gave up and relocated my dish positioners back inside where I can control them.
Luckily for me most of my dishes now are fixed.
Another problem I had was with the commands to the dish mover being corrupted by the electric fence "Click" and the dish mover would move all positions to beyond the end, requiring a "recalculation" command, at the mover box, after I manually re positioned the dish to where it was.

As for USALS I'm lucky if it works at all due to the LNB over current protection tripping in and cutting the power, which resets the uncommitted DiSEqC switch to port one.

I'm beginning to think that Freesat lost their programmer and are catching up with a new one.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”