Freesat V7S HD connecting and idel

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

marotondo

Freesat V7S HD connecting and idel

Post by marotondo »

My FREESAT V7S HD when trying to authenticate CS server, is only processing "connecting" and "idel", but does not connect. What can be, is the internet service operator blocking the port and the IP? What solution do you indicate?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Freesat V7S HD connecting and idel

Post by Feralkiwi »

There have been many reports of ISP's blocking Freesat boxes, like the "Fritzbox"
You can see the posts on that by searching "Fritzbox" on these forums.

Try using your mobile phone as a wifi hot spot and connect through that to test.
There are other issues with software reported as well.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

marotondo

Post by marotondo »

Hi, what would this ISP blocking?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ISP is Internet Service Provider.

They block some content and some devices, like Set Top Boxes, from using the net on behalf of the Satellite Tv provider. That is they block the set top box from using the net to stop it using Ccam to watch pay TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

marotondo

Post by marotondo »

His help was important, made me choose to do other tests. I considered the Freesat V7S HD to be trouble-free and thought about what might be blocking the device. I researched and found DNS blocking cases by the broadband service provider (NET). In WiFi FREESAT / config, I have changed DHCP by static IP, replace the DNS provided by DNS by DNS, 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, redo the process again, since reset factory / install the current firmware / installed channels, which here is of the 70w / configure the CS / changed to STATIC IP (1.1.1.1) / connected and worked, only HD channels that do not, because I believe it is because of CS or it is the device, but this is already a new subject to be searched. Hugs, Mario.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”