V7 HD Wifi device not exist

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

sergioli2

V7 HD Wifi device not exist

Post by sergioli2 »

Hi Friends, I have a problem with the Freesat V7 HD, when I try to conect in the network, try Wifi and say "Wifi device not exist", everything is fine, it was working very well but suddenly :(
I try with other antennas and no way, and I try also an USB device and say me it works succefully but not the antenna wifi, so I am completly desesperate.
Could anybody help me????? please

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V7 HD Wifi device not exist

Post by Feralkiwi »

Other user have posted that these chip sets for wifi work.

Not all the USB WiFi adapter works on Freesat Units: it has to be RT5370 or Ralink RT5370

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

B34t3rGT

Post by B34t3rGT »

You should test the WiFi device in a computer in Win10 there's no need of drivers for testing it, it should be one of the two chipsets mentioned.

doesn't work on Windows? the could be dead and time for replacing it. there's a nexxt wifi dongle the nano that has (had) the r5370 chipset tested by me that worked before.

przeeemek1

Post by przeeemek1 »

I have the same in the latest software from 30/12/2018. did you upgraded software?

sometimes when It find a device, the decoder is reset when searching the network.

I also uploaded a different list of programs. I do not know what causes the problem. I have not had time to test other versions yet.

on the software from six months ago and on another list, everything was fine.

sergioli2

Post by sergioli2 »

Thanks for your answer, How can I install other version older than the one i have now???
I also try the antenna device in pc with windows and doesn't work in windows, but with other antenna that i have it works in windows but not in the Deco V7 (the one i have the problem).
I bought 3 days ago a V7S HD and works very well. I used the wifi device of the new deco in the one doesnt work and no way, see me the same "Wifi device not exist". It s really extrange, it seems like the Deco i had before it'is dead for any wifi device.
What can I do??? Is it any chance to boot the DECO and start like it was new??? I did boot from FActory and keep the same problem...
Best regards

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Factory reset only clears all the channels etc.
Try loading an older version of the software via USB Upgrade.

Also check that your USB port works with a USB stick.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

przeeemek1

Post by przeeemek1 »

I guess the problem is not with the software. I think I also have a damaged WiFi device. I tested in windows 10 - the WiFi device appears and disappears.

USB port works with a USB stick very well.

The WiFi device from V7s does not work with V7hh, except another chipset.

Tomorrow I will check another WiFi device from V7HD.

sergioli2

Post by sergioli2 »

Please tell me if with other wifi device works, if workrs i think i will by one to try.
Another question how can i install other version of firmware but oldet than the one i have now??? When i try to do it system says me is no possible because is older than i have actually.
Thank you so much!!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

sergioli2 wrote:Please tell me if with other wifi device works, if workrs i think i will by one to try.
Another question how can i install other version of firmware but oldet than the one i have now??? When i try to do it system says me is no possible because is older than i have actually.
Thank you so much!!!
Do as a flash.bin recovery.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, iV7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”