Satellite Splitters

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

r.glidewell70

Satellite Splitters

Post by r.glidewell70 »

Has anyone tried to split the incoming satellite signal to go to 2 receivers? I just bought a splitter with DC power pass, hoping this will work for my little satellite network here at my home. Any tips, info, suggestions are appreciated

Cheers!
-R

STRETCH

Re: Satellite Splitters

Post by STRETCH »

The best way to get a signal to (two receivers) is to use a twin lnb and run two cables to each receiver.
I do not think that using a splitter will work.

Den

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

r.glidewell70 wrote:Has anyone tried to split the incoming satellite signal to go to 2 receivers? I just bought a splitter with DC power pass, hoping this will work for my little satellite network here at my home. Any tips, info, suggestions are appreciated

Cheers!
-R
You can use a splitter but you can only use one receiver at a time, I use a Priority Switch on a motorized setup.
https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 429#p45429

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

Or you can use this 12v switch (like this but other way :) )
You solder this 12v switch to scart pins of first reciver:
8 for 12v
18 for ground
When you use first reciver the 12v is on and when you want to use second reciver just turn off first reciver :D

wwiilliiss

Post by wwiilliiss »

a splitter is limiting as the lnb will be held to the higher voltage so if 1 sat box is H then the other sat box can't use V signals
a 2 output lnb is far better or a splitter can be used for c band OCS lnbs :mrgreen:

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

splitter can be used. you can use two receivers at the same time also.
but you have select same polarization on both receivers.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

r.glidewell70 wrote:Has anyone tried to split the incoming satellite signal to go to 2 receivers? I just bought a splitter with DC power pass, hoping this will work for my little satellite network here at my home. Any tips, info, suggestions are appreciated

Cheers!
-R
Other than channels on the same frequency, that one won't be very effective. The best bet would be to get an LNB with multi ports according to the number of receivers that you have.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

kolithawick wrote:splitter can be used. you can use two receivers at the same time also.
but you have select same polarization on both receivers.
That is its inconvenience. One can't switch to channels on different frequency or satellites.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

yes that is true.He has already brought the splitter so we must tell him what he can do with it.
He can receive different frequencies in different receivers.
but all must in same polarization

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

kolithawick wrote:yes that is true.He has already brought the splitter so we must tell him what he can do with it.
He can receive different frequencies in different receivers.
but all must in same polarization
Then he can utilize it for channels on the same polarity.

wotwabe

Post by wotwabe »

With the same polarization, the splitter can serve two receiver. It has worked for me and I believe it will work for you.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

wotwabe wrote:With the same polarization, the splitter can serve two receiver. It has worked for me and I believe it will work for you.
Sure, the problem comes when one tunes to a channel on a different polarity. There occurs what I would in lay man's language call conflict of command and your decoder will show "No Signal"

Josimarc

Post by Josimarc »

Banda c c1 C3

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

Thank you everyone for the feedback!! I bought the switch, and as some of y'all posted the receivers only work as a master/slave setup. It's not ideal, but it'll work for the network here. I thought about going with a UniCable setup, but that's ridiculously expensive!!!! Again, thank you everyone who provided input!

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”