Please give us a software to edit firmware files!

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

nitix007

Please give us a software to edit firmware files!

Post by nitix007 »

All the Freesat Products are great,but sometimes they have issues like all technology today! To make Freesat products better i think the company should show to their users how to edit firmware files , so users and developers will try to make these products better, i also mean we can customize our freesat receivers and make them better! At the end the buyers and the company with profit because a company that allows customazing their own devices attracts more people just like Android phones!
Please Freesat can you show to people how to edit .bin firmwares!! I mean make it kinda "open source" .Give us a program how to edit firmware files like you gave us a program to edit .db files to edit channels list!! Please !!!
Please the users of Freesat if you agree with my request please sign this petition it takes only a couple of seconds so Freesat company with know that this request should be approved!
ALL THE USER PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION -https://www.change.org/p/freesat-compan ... m=copylink
Last edited by nitix007 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send from iPhone 6s using Safari!

SmallBug

Re: Please give us a software to edit firmware files!

Post by SmallBug »

The cause is noble but the markets for set-top-box is very competitive. If anyone want to play with opensource development then look no further for a large community and Linux based Dream Multimedia aka Dreambox STB. Just a recommendation here:
Open Source Set-top box Software
https://openpli.org/
Welcome to the OpenPLi website, we are a community project focused on developing software for open source linux dvb receivers using the linux operating system. We currently support STB models from various vendors using the Enigma2 application. Information about specific models can be found in our wiki. If you are interested in contributing to the code see our development information. Most of our communication takes place on the forums, so stop by there if you have any specific questions. Some of the supported STB images:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Opensource is more suitable to try out new user friendly features however it's not suitable to mangle the core that Freesat has allocated dedicate team to solve firmware problems, etc.

BTW: Dreambox DM900 4K UHD (Dual-Core 12K DMIPS with H.265 Streaming) launched December 2016.

nitix007

Re: Please give us a software to edit firmware files!

Post by nitix007 »

We want to customize our devices and make better !!
Send from iPhone 6s using Safari!

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”