my V7 combo Skipping on T2

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

khalangas

my V7 combo Skipping on T2

Post by khalangas »

My v7 combo is skiping and dropping signal every 2-3 sec and display (no signal) message. Even when i play video via usb it play smooth but keep saying no signal( very strange because usb video need no signal to play". But the satellite tuner is playing well and smooth. The challenge is on DTT tuner. I even upgraded twice still the problem persist. I wanna know if this is general. The receiver did this after unpacking as a new package. Both my v7 combo doing the same. I used openbox v8 pro combo and it works well no problem of reception. When i swop the decoder then the problem began. I need help

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: my V7 combo Skipping on T2

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you using cascade DiSEqC switching?

I had this problem as well with cascade DiSEqC switching.
I stopped it by adding a signal splitter ( a device used to split UHF TV from Satellite frequencies) at the LNB connection of the STB. This stops the over current protection from tripping in and resetting your uncommitted switch to port one.
The splitter has an inductor in series with the LNB that limits the current surge.
The older V8 Combo had better current supply and less sensitive protection.

Owen.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

khalangas

Post by khalangas »

I am not using an LNB port since i dont have satellite dish where i recide now. I am only utilising the T2 port which i connected the Internal UHF Antenna to watch terrestrial channels. If there is a way to reduce this tripping

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you tune to the T2 tuner the S2 tuner is still powered on. The No signal message may be from the S2.
I have had some problems like that when my UHF cable was faulty, the center wire broken or the outer disconnected.

Check your cables etc. Wall sockets get the center pin bent open and the cable does not plug in and make contact.

There were some users that reported message display problems and this was addressed in one of the newer software updates.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ColinR4

Post by ColinR4 »

Hi Owen
I have the exact same problem on 4 new combo decoders just received
I have tried them at 4 different locations and different antennas in South Africa with the same results
I do agree that it looks like a power problem as mentioned

Is there a solution to this as I just purchased them for FTA. On T2. And S2 .

S2 On IS20, SES5 and Hotbird13 all FTA working just need to understand using the key's to unlock some of the sport channels
Any assistance would be appreciated
Maybe a power antenna??
Better power supply??

Regards
Colin

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ColinR4 wrote:Hi Owen
I have the exact same problem on 4 new combo decoders just received
I have tried them at 4 different locations and different antennas in South Africa with the same results
I do agree that it looks like a power problem as mentioned

Is there a solution to this as I just purchased them for FTA. On T2. And S2 .

S2 On IS20, SES5 and Hotbird13 all FTA working just need to understand using the key's to unlock some of the sport channels
Any assistance would be appreciated
Maybe a power antenna??
Better power supply??

Regards
Colin
Hi Colin
Regarding the T2 reception if any of your sites you tried were close to the transmitter then something else is going on with the V7. If your four site were far away from the transmitter then you could try an amplified antenna.

To find keys etc for scrambled channels have a look at the lists for your sats on Lyngsat and the foot prints and lists on Satbeams too.
The channels listed as "powervu" should auto roll the keys for you with the V7, that is it will find the key its self.
For those channels it does not find for you can search the net and enter them your self.
Have a look at my instructions here.

Owen

ColinR4

Post by ColinR4 »

Hi Owen

The sites are close by at each location.
Tried high gain UHF VHS and Digital Ant same problem
Tried low gain digital only ant with the same problems.

Firmware updated to 20/1/17 from 10/0/16 no improvemenr

Tried different power supply's no improvement 12.09V drops to 12.01V on load
Tried a Batt @ 12.85V no improvement

In Terrestrial settings
Signal strength is 95% then drops to 60%every 3 seconds (Sometime it flashes a no signal message)
Quality on terrestrial is 85% then drops to 30% every 3 seconds (Sometime it flashes a no signal Message)

When playing a video (flashes a no signal message then there is a hesitation in the video and audio)

All 4 boxes are faulty??
Is there some internal mods we can do

A circuit schematic may be

No problems on DVBS all fine

ANY suggestions will be appreciated

Regards

Colin

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It may be that the type of DVB-T you are receiving does not match the V7 settings.
DVB-T2 ans DVB-S2 are very fussy regard to signal when they go to 8PSK and 16PSK on sat.
Freesat made a DVB-T unit just for North America because of something like this.
Have you tried different countries setting for the DVB-T?
You may find that the frequency that the V7 is using is off from what your local transmitter is using.
Just 4-6 Mhz will do that with DVB-S, maybe more with DVB-T.

Find out what frequency your transmitter is using and compare that with the frequencies that the V7 is using.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”