Food Network?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Akacheebe

Food Network?

Post by Akacheebe »

My Darling Wife is a book worm, ie, she reads at least one book a WEEK on her Kindel and has little interest in TV, BUT, there is one show she wants to watch called Food Network and it's on 131W and 101W in Powervu but my V7 HD won't play it?? :cry: I checked and I have 14 PV keys so it is picking up some channels but not the one she wants to watch. Can someone explain to me why Food Network isn't available and if there's a way to fix that?

Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Food Network?

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Have you looked through my instructions on powervu code entry?

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

No, I didn't look at stuff for a V8 Golden because I don't have one of those. What I have is a V7 HD and the GUI doesn't look anything like the V8 Golden? That and the firmware is even different between the two receivers. I really rather not take a chance on turning it into a "brick" by using instructions from the wrong receiver?

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

UPDATE: I did go to that Anis Sat link in the other thread and I do believe that keys are listed there for that TP the Food Network is on. I'll try to enter those this weekend to see if it will work.

Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Akacheebe wrote:No, I didn't look at stuff for a V8 Golden because I don't have one of those. What I have is a V7 HD and the GUI doesn't look anything like the V8 Golden? That and the firmware is even different between the two receivers. I really rather not take a chance on turning it into a "brick" by using instructions from the wrong receiver?
The code entry format for both the V7 and the v8 in Freesat units is the same.
Yes the menu entry will be different, but the content is the same.

The "softcam.key" file "Exported" from a V8 can be "Imported into a v7 and V7 into V8.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

OK so I've been playing with this thing this morning and I can't get it to work? Instead of using the remote to do this, which is painfully slow, I imported the Softcam.key file to flash drive and then edited it adding the two TPs on 101w that I want to watch. Here are the lines I added to that file and note that the TP numbers, which are 1 number off are what my receiver actually scanned in on my system:

P 0000 00 909DD8F17BCFA7;2590:03981:30000:H
P 0000 01 B18FC4A6AC0859;2590:03981:30000:H
P 0000 00 5BB685E40EAABD;2590:04021:28000:H
P 0000 01 96D71BE6B2F98F;2590:04021:28000:H

So do you see anything wrong with this that would cause it to not work?

Thanks

Edit: Question, how long are these keys good for? I find a BUNCH of sites with keys in posts dated back in 2015?

skideric

Post by skideric »

Looks good to me,as long as keys are the current ones.
Have u turned off receiver & restarted it?
Leave on channel,preferably SD,for at least 30 mins or so?

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

skideric wrote:Looks good to me,as long as keys are the current ones.
Have u turned off receiver & restarted it?
Leave on channel,preferably SD,for at least 30 mins or so?
Yup, I turned it off then PULLED THE POWER PLUG for 30 seconds then plugged it back in to reboot.

So do you STILL have to leave it sitting on the TP for that long for it to work?? Dayumn?? I knew that it took some time for it to "find" the keys on it's own but I wasn't aware you STILL had to wait that long if they were already entered? Some of the ones that were automatically put in mine didn't take but a few minutes. Hummmm........................ Will try that then.

On the keys, HTF do you know if they are good or not? The ones I tried installing showed up on multiple sites online, some dating back a year or two ago?

Also, ALL the channels on that TP are HD? What then?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With manual key entry via USB or remote, yes power on off or export and import the softcam.key file can make them work.
If they don't work immediately after that, then it is likely an old code.
Waiting for 30 minutes is for the auto roll to find the keys on channels that only add something that auto roll uses now and then, like A F N.
Yes keys do change. A F N keys change twice or more per day. MTN use to change a lot, daily or more.
When looking for keys on the net look for what date is with the key. Try to find 2017 dates.

This is a battle with pay TV and the providers will do what they can to protect their payments.
MTN have won.

Owen

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Well, it sat on the Food Network channel for over 3 hours this afternoon and nadda, zip, zilch? So I take it those keys are no good now! :(

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Oh BTW, yes the Wife is pissed! :shock: :roll:

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”