Diferencias entre Freesat v7 Max y v7 combo / Differences between Freesat v7 Max and v7 combo

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

magyver

Diferencias entre Freesat v7 Max y v7 combo / Differences between Freesat v7 Max and v7 combo

Post by magyver »

Hola a tod@s,
No me queda claras las diferencias entre estos 2 modelos.
No se si en los 2 modelos puedo ver también la tdt o no...
He mirado en la web y no lo tengo claro
Me podéis ayudar?
Un saludo y gracias

Hello everyone,
I am not clear the differences between these 2 models.
I do not know if in the 2 models I can also see the tdt or not ...
I've looked on the web and I'm not sure
Can you help me?
Greetings and thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Diferencias entre Freesat v7 Max y v7 combo / Differences between Freesat v7 Max and v7 combo

Post by Feralkiwi »

Both the V7 Max and the V7 Combo run the same software and menus.

The difference is that the V7 Combo has a terrestrial tuner that the V7 Max does not.
This means that you can connect both a satellite dish and a terrestrial UHF Ariel and change channel from one to the other with the same V7 Combo set top box.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

magyver

Re: Diferencias entre Freesat v7 Max y v7 combo / Differences between Freesat v7 Max and v7 combo

Post by magyver »

Ok,
Thank you very much

dvbfta394

Post by dvbfta394 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Both the V7 Max and the V7 Combo run the same software and menus.

The difference is that the V7 Combo has a terrestrial tuner that the V7 Max does not.
This means that you can connect both a satellite dish and a terrestrial UHF Ariel and change channel from one to the other with the same V7 Combo set top box.

Owen
If Freesat v7 Max don't have a terrestrial tuner, then what is this for?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes that is confusing.

That is the RF out put. This is the old analog UHF RF TV PAL system so that you can watch the output from this box on an old analog TV.
There is an Input for the aerial so that other thing already on the aerial cable can pass through, like video from cameras or outputs from VCR's, and the output.

I have asked Freesat if they can update this output to a DVB-T output so these units can be use to send the satellite tv to terrestrial TVs, like in a hotel or motel setting.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

dvbfta394

Post by dvbfta394 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Yes that is confusing.

That is the RF out put. This is the old analog UHF RF TV PAL system so that you can watch the output from this box on an old analog TV.
There is an Input for the aerial so that other thing already on the aerial cable can pass through, like video from cameras or outputs from VCR's, and the output.

I have asked Freesat if they can update this output to a DVB-T output so these units can be use to send the satellite tv to terrestrial TVs, like in a hotel or motel setting.

Owen
So that "Aerial In" port is useless?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

No
The aerial in port can be used the same as you would use the "Loop" LNB port (like the V8 Super has) to loop the cable to or from the next device, like another STB. One STB per channel all looped together to feed many channels to many TV's.

Most people now no longer use the old analog PAL TV system to send video from one place to another, so yes that port is next to useless.

Having said that Sky New Zealand still uses these outputs on their STB's to send SkyTV to multiple motel rooms and intend to continue to do so for another 5 to 6 years. Gives a crap, fuzzy, low res picture of what started as HD video.

That is why I have asked Freesat if they could add a DVB-T output instead of this old analog PAL output to the next box they are working on (V9?).
It would be good if the DVB-T output could send up to 8 channels on the same DVB-T UHF signal from the same TP.

Simple answer to you is both the "Aerial" in and the "TV Out" are of no use. They are NOT for the new terrestrial tv.

Owen

yoelrivero

Post by yoelrivero »

Hola yo vivo en tampa florida usa y tengo freesat v7 max hdy y tengo la antena satelital vien orientada y lo que me da de senal el 60% y la calidad esta 0 nose si esta caja travaje en estados unidos alluda porfavor

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

yoelrivero wrote:Hola yo vivo en tampa florida usa y tengo freesat v7 max hdy y tengo la antena satelital vien orientada y lo que me da de senal el 60% y la calidad esta 0 nose si esta caja travaje en estados unidos alluda porfavor
Google translate:
Hello I live in tampa florida usa and I have freesat v7 max hdy and I have the satellite antenna vien oriented and what gives me a signal 60% and the quality is 0 I do not know if this box worked in the united states please
Please have a look at my instructions here re setup.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”