DISEQC 1.2 broken on v7 HD

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

kitayec

DISEQC 1.2 broken on v7 HD

Post by kitayec »

DISEQC 1.2 is implemented poorly on V7 HD. Stop command mostly missing on DISEQC bus. If you try to move the dish from the menu, it does not stop and goes all the way to the limit on the actuator, even if you hit stop in the menu. Very rarely the command comes through and the dish stops.
All other commands seem to be working: go to "xx", store position, move east/west... The firmware tested is 05242017. Also tested SKYBOX f3, pansat and old COSHIP 5300 receivers with the same exact setup, and all worked fine.
Here is the command:
-------------------------------------------------------------
HEX: e0 31 60 OCTAL: 224 49 96 - HALT MOTOR
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please check the timing of the diseqc waveform and the delay. This command shall be the last command on the DISEQC bus when move button is released on the remote control. I think you are either issuing commands out of order or your waveform is out of spec.

Also, locking the move button in on state is a bad idea. It should release as soon as you release the arrow on remote control.

sattelight

Re: DISEQC 1.2 broken on v7 HD

Post by sattelight »

Hi,

Diseqc 1.2 / USALS is badly broken in my case. I had a new setup with Diseqc 1.2 motor with USALS support and freesat V7 box. After running for some hours the dish started moving to east limit even without changing channel. Updated the firmware, seemed to have fixed the problem for a couple of days, but then the problem returned.
I bought a new receiver from another brand and after running on the same setup for months without any incident I can only conclude that V7 (random bug? overheating?) was at fault.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

sattelight wrote:Hi,

Diseqc 1.2 / USALS is badly broken in my case. I had a new setup with Diseqc 1.2 motor with USALS support and freesat V7 box. After running for some hours the dish started moving to east limit even without changing channel. Updated the firmware, seemed to have fixed the problem for a couple of days, but then the problem returned.
I bought a new receiver from another brand and after running on the same setup for months without any incident I can only conclude that V7 (random bug? overheating?) was at fault.
The Freesat units have an over sensitive over current protection on the LNB output.
This means that the LNB power is turned off and then on again, which resets the USALS instructions in the USALS unit.
The same thing happens with DiSEqC 1.1 eight port switches when the second switch and LNB are powered on, the power is interrupted by the over current protection and the 8 port switch is reset to port 1.
I too have failed to use USALS with these units with any reliability.

I have solved the 8 port switch problem by adding a signal splitter or a satellite finder in the cable at the Freesat unit.
Please have a look at my comments here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kitayec

Post by kitayec »

If this issue is due to over current protection, then rest of the diseqc commands shall not work either. However that seems not to be the case. In my case there is a 4 port diseqc 2.0 switch between the motor and the receiver, and the motor is on port 2. If it manages to loose power, somehow, right before the stop command is issued but after the move command was already issued, it will behave the way you are describing. The stop command will go to port 1 and will never reach the positioner. However, it does this consistently, with some 100% repeatability, I would say. This tells me there is something spooky going on with the stop command itself, or something else happens when the command is issued.
Also, my positioner is powered via coaxial cable. The micro-controller will shutdown and turn of the relays, if the power is lost. Since the dish continues its movement, I can positively say that in my case this issue is not related to over current protection.
There are few possibilities here. First: the stop command is a 3 byte command, while other commands are 4 byte commands. It is possible that the freesat geniuses send 3 bytes with leading zero/ff byte. I can test this, I rather not, at this time. Second: stop command is completely wrong or missing altogether. Again, needs to be tested, and I don't want to. Third: It is possible that the receiver is sending move command continuously, which it shall not do, and the stop command arrives before one of those move commands. Again needs to be tested. Forth: The diseqc waveform is grossly out of spec for the stop command. Again, I refuse to test this at this time and will let the freesat team figure it out. The fact is, the stop command is messed up somehow.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I too think the stop command is faulty.
I have noted this in the past with DiSEqC moving, rather than USALS.

The 4 port DiSEqC 1.0 switches don't "Latch" like the uncommitted DiSEqC 1.1 8 port switches do.
The over current protection doesn't effect them the same.

Engineers please note. The DiSEqC and USALS "Stop" command needs checking on all Freesat units.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kitayec

Post by kitayec »

From what you have described about over current protection tripping and non-latching diseqc switches, there may be another possibility for the stop command being lost. If the power is lost for a very short time because of the over current protection, and the receiver does not re-issue a port switch command after power is resumed, it may cause a similar issue. The port number command is the command that is normally sent continuously. So as soon as the power is resumed, the receiver shall start sending the port number command, which is set and memorized in the menu for the given channel. It is possible that when the move command is issued, the over current protection trips and the power is cut for a very short time, then resumed, however the way the firmware is written is that it does not reissue the port commands once over current protection has tripped. Due to this, all subsequent stop commands end up at the default port of the switch. So another thing to check is whether the firmware reissues the switch port commands after over current protection has tripped once.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

"The port number command is the command that is normally sent continuously. "

This only happens when there is "No Signal".
With a locked signal no commands are sent.

You can watch and see the commands being sent with a satellite finder, the type that only has a sound tone and moving pointer meter.

My experience with this problem is that it is a software command problem, that was OK with one of my movers and not the other.

Owen

colonelguf

Post by colonelguf »

I am in North America. I have a positioner box using diseqc1.2 and the v7HD will move the dish when I am setting up the sats, if I input the saved position the dish moves to that position, but after setup the dish is not moved when I change to a channel on a different satellite. When I am setting up a sat, the dish position will move with the E/W buttons, but the save button doesn't work. Is this because of the broken firmware or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I find that the position is saved by pressing the save button, BUT this also saves the position in the DiSEqC mover as well.

When I set up my sats in the V7 I do so with the DiSEqC mover turned OFF.
This stops the V7 over writing the position in the mover, if you are saving a new sat in the V7 and the DiSEqC mover is not on that sat's position.

Also if you set up the switch setting and then go to the Mover set up in the V7 (or is it the V8), the switch setting are not saved.
I set up the switch setting and then exit and save and then go to the move settings.

Owen.

colonelguf

Post by colonelguf »

Feralkiwi wrote:I find that the position is saved by pressing the save button, BUT this also saves the position in the DiSEqC mover as well.

When I set up my sats in the V7 I do so with the DiSEqC mover turned OFF.
This stops the V7 over writing the position in the mover, if you are saving a new sat in the V7 and the DiSEqC mover is not on that sat's position.

Also if you set up the switch setting and then go to the Mover set up in the V7 (or is it the V8), the switch setting are not saved.
I set up the switch setting and then exit and save and then go to the move settings.

Owen.
I assumed the save button is supposed to save the position in the mover, and mine doesn't. The E/W buttons move the dish, but the save button doesn't save. When I set up a sat and select a position number (already saved in the mover), the mover moves to that position. Then when I change channels, the dish doesn't move, I have to move it with the mover remote.

I don't understand why my box is acting different, that is why I suspect I might be doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help

dewan.reduan

Post by dewan.reduan »

Hello

Freesat developer team I have a problem disq 1.1 which is showing no signal if I use more than 3 lnb I think new SW
Version create the problems
Please FREESAT DEVELOPERS FIXED THE PROBLEM AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE IN THE NEXT UPDATE PLEASE PLEASE

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

colonelguf wrote:When I set up a sat and select a position number (already saved in the mover), the mover moves to that position. Then when I change channels, the dish doesn't move, I have to move it with the mover remote.
After you select a position number you have to SAVE it so the receiver knows which position to use. When you exit that menu you will be prompted to save the changes.

colonelguf

Post by colonelguf »

sickboy wrote:
colonelguf wrote:When I set up a sat and select a position number (already saved in the mover), the mover moves to that position. Then when I change channels, the dish doesn't move, I have to move it with the mover remote.
After you select a position number you have to SAVE it so the receiver knows which position to use. When you exit that menu you will be prompted to save the changes.
Thanks for the help. I see where I was going wrong, I was using gotoX to move the dish but wasn't saving the position.
Now I have another problem, the mover started giving me an error message, I hope its just a bad connection somewhere.

skywatcher

Post by skywatcher »

I've had this happen with other receivers when I've hit goto do factory reset start all over should work fine.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

colonelguf wrote:
sickboy wrote:
Thanks for the help. I see where I was going wrong, I was using gotoX to move the dish but wasn't saving the position.
Now I have another problem, the mover started giving me an error message, I hope its just a bad connection somewhere.
Is this a Vbox ? Is the message "Er2" ? I have one of those and my problem is crappy relays. Mine sits in another room with the lid off. When I get the error I go whack the relays with the butt end of a screwdriver and I'm back in business. Ymmv.

colonelguf

Post by colonelguf »

sickboy wrote:
colonelguf wrote:
sickboy wrote:
Is this a Vbox ? Is the message "Er2" ? I have one of those and my problem is crappy relays. Mine sits in another room with the lid off. When I get the error I go whack the relays with the butt end of a screwdriver and I'm back in business. Ymmv.
Yes, its a Vbox with er2 error. I found the problem, a motor drive wire had come loose.
So I think I figured out the best way to program sats (for me anyway). First I go to the DISEQC 1.2 setup screen, use gotox to move to the correct position, tweak and save the position if necessary with the mover remote, then set the position number in the save line and hit save, then exit and save again. So far this working for me.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”