Old unit works but new unit does not

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

sporty

Old unit works but new unit does not

Post by sporty »

Hi all, hope i'm posting in correct forum. i need a bit of direction with new v7 max freesat box, i have the same box with older s/w version and it shows the powervu however the new box with newer version s/w will not. i've done a lot of reading on this forum but can't seem to really get why the newer box will not show the channel as the old one.
old version is v.2.24.100.406 22/11/2016
new version is v3.02.102.512 07/03/17
I tried some suggestion on here such as to leave it on sd channel for a while, i even edited the powervu idx key to match those on the older version and nothing. Can someone assist me here please? thanks.

iq180
网站管理员

Re: Old unit works but new unit does not

Post by iq180 »

sporty wrote:Hi all, hope i'm posting in correct forum. i need a bit of direction with new v7 max freesat box, i have the same box with older s/w version and it shows the powervu however the new box with newer version s/w will not. i've done a lot of reading on this forum but can't seem to really get why the newer box will not show the channel as the old one.
old version is v.2.24.100.406 22/11/2016
new version is v3.02.102.512 07/03/17
I tried some suggestion on here such as to leave it on sd channel for a while, i even edited the powervu idx key to match those on the older version and nothing. Can someone assist me here please? thanks.
Have you tried to add your own EMM keys?????

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Go to the conditional access menu and do a "Export" on your old unit.
This copies the softcam.key file onto your USB stick.
Then do a "Import" in the new unit.

This will add all the keys you have in the old unit to the new unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sporty

Post by sporty »

Thanks Owen, i'll try that as soon as i reach home and post on the results. i actually saw that softcam key export thing in my research but just now have a better understanding.
Thanks also IQ180 for the reply. i will do some reading on what the EMM keys are. i'm new to this softcam and EMM thing.

maxblue

Post by maxblue »

Feralkiwi wrote:Go to the conditional access menu and do a "Export" on your old unit.
This copies the softcam.key file onto your USB stick.
Then do a "Import" in the new unit.

This will add all the keys you have in the old unit to the new unit.

Owen

Very good reply, but i'm thinking to buy another box.Do you have some idea of why
this happen to sporty ?
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is a thing called a ECM key that the box has in it that it uses to find the powervu key.
These change or are left out of the box.
You can still manually enter keys for channels that don't come up.

There are some instructions here on powervu entry.
The V7 is much the same for entry and the softcam.key file can be swapped between v8 and V7 units.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

lme

Post by lme »

thanks. good info.
Nihil sine Deo!

maxblue

Post by maxblue »

yes.
i agree
I second the motion. :D
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

sporty

Post by sporty »

Hey guys thanks very much for the information, channels work fine. i exported the keys from old box and import to new box.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”