Save by Longitude

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Tec_Rep

Save by Longitude

Post by Tec_Rep »

Does anyone know of a way to save a channel list in longitude order in the V7 receiver. Receiver is automatically storing in scanned order and rather have all channels in longitude order like sat list.

If not maybe Freesat should add this option?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Save by Longitude

Post by Feralkiwi »

As far as I know the only way is to scan them in order.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

This is only way I found also. Tried channel editing software here for download and it does not work for this either including the one you buy.

Larry

Post by Larry »

Even worse mine changed the sat order after a firmware update. I have two V7HD receivers with different firmware and the sat order is different even though I load them both with the same user data file.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have found that the sat order is changed after editing using the editor.

I did some test when I set up a locked unit for a motel.
Have a look at my comments on that here.

Here is the relevant bit.
When you have the channel and Favorite list as you want, do a "USB Backup", the "db_ssdata.bin" option.
Then do a "USB Update" of the user data of the same file.
With out this the default will restore the list to the last user file USB Update, despite any channel "Moves" done in the Channel edit menu.
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”