Box to goes in standby when plugged in

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

spartabisbis

Box to goes in standby when plugged in

Post by spartabisbis »

One change i would love to see in future upgrade is for the V7 combo box to stay on standby when plugged into power and powers up when the power button on the device or the remote is pressed, instead of powering up straightaway as it is doing now. I have noticed many devices from the East countries are designed like that and i never understand why.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Box to goes in standby when plugged in

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

My V7 Combo goes into "Application Mode" when powered on, ie on and running.
That is with two or more versions back of software.

The V8 Golden and Super offer and option in the Other setting in the menus to set standby or application at power on.
Check to see if there is that option in your software.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I upgraded my V7 Combo to the new software and there is no option for power on setting.

This option is in the V8 models.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

spartabisbis

Post by spartabisbis »

hi..That power setting option is not available on the V7 box and it will be good if it get added on future updates. Some people, like myself, prefer to turn off appliances at the main overnight to save on electricity and in the morning when switched on again at the main and with this box if the power button (which is located at the back and very inconvenient to be switching on of off due to the fact it is at the back) is left on the "on" position the box just powers up straightaway and can accidentally be forgotten and left like that for hours if no attention is paid. fire hazard this can be can be and also waste of energy. I suggested three important features on future update and these are:
1- Adding channel swapping facility in addition to move " very important and you guys will realise this when you need it"
2- UK EPG doesn't work at all " just blank channel name, programme name and time etc... a fix will be very much appreciated
3- and finally this standby feature

I have noticed many gadget boxes from far east e.g android boxes, satellite boxes etc... they just come on straightaway when plugged in to the main, even if these devices have stanby by/power button in front of them and also on remote controls and I never understand this phenomenon.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”