[SOLVED - BROKEN DEVICE] V7Pro RF out Noise HELP

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mbentefor

[SOLVED - BROKEN DEVICE] V7Pro RF out Noise HELP

Post by Mbentefor »

Hi! Today i've received the v7pro and immediately connected it to my old tv, which has RF IN socket only.
I believe my tv works in PAL d-k, as I am in Eastern Europe.
V7pro claims to support PAL.
However even though I can see a picture, there is NO sound! Instead I can hear a very loud noise coming from TV (TV works fine, I tested it).
Could you please help me? What am I doing wrong? Is there any hidden setting to make v7pro output PAL d-k?

UPD: I have tested on another old TV which can switch between dk, bg and i - and there is a noise in dk and i, and there is no sound at all in bg mode.
Last edited by Mbentefor on Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mbentefor

Re: V7Pro RF out Noise HELP

Post by Mbentefor »

Maybe some service menu?
Or resoldering some components?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have you down loaded any channels onto your receiver, from satellite or from your TV Aerial.
We need this information first, then we can take you though the stages on setting you up with the receiver.

Den

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Yes. I have.
The same situation with sound is with music files, video files, TV channels, etc

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the lead from satellite dish or Aerial connected to your receiver, then a lead from the RF of the receiver to your TV.
You will then have to do a retune of your TV, there are two channels that the RF OUTPUTS, CH.10 /209mhz or CH.36 /591mhz.
See how it goes and let us know.

Den

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

That's exactly what I did. :)

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What other inputs do you have on your TV, noticed in your first post RF only.
Have you checked the Audio settings on the TV.
Also what software do you have on your receiver.

if things do not work out, you may need something like this.
HDMI to RF converter

Den
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (9.97 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

I don't have any other inputs.
I bought V7Pro because it had RF OUT and it should have supported PAL system.
I already had other DVB decoders, but the only reason to buy V7Pro was because of RF OUT.
There are no audio settings except for Volume Control.

Regarding software: I tried version 318, version 322, now I'm using Mars.
Everywhere the situation is the same.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I also have a V7 Pro which i use to check systems out, before i changed the software to Mars, the DTT channels were scanned in and i was able to view via the RF output, (with the Mars software i am having issues in just scanning in the channels to start with,) carrying out other tests i get outputs on CH 41 629mhz and CH 67 837mhz.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This noise may be from poor earth / grounding.
Connect a ground wire from the TV antenna outer to the V7 antenna outer. This will add to the antenna cable's ground and check that the ground in the TV cable is connected.
These GT Media boxes have no earth ground through their power supply.
Try another 12v power supply for the V7.

Question:
Is the picture clear?
Do you have an outside antenna connected in the same cable as the one from the V7 to the TV?
Do you get sound if you play a video from a USB stick on the V7?
Does USB play have sound if you disconnect the TV antenna / satellite cable from outside?

If I remember there is a menu option in the V7 for the sound output.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Just carried out another test, this time connected to a satellite dish, connected the receiver from the RF to the RF on a TV, which was CH 37 599mhz,
picture and sound was there, but for me in the UK, was getting interference from a transmitter which is low power, which is in line with my main transmitter.
Do you know what frequencies your DTT channels are transmitted, forgot to ask, are you after channels from a satellite or through your aerial or both.

Hope this helps

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Thank you for your replies.

"Is the picture clear?" - The picture is perfect.
"Do you have an outside antenna connected in the same cable as the one from the V7 to the TV?" - V7Pro is connected to a TV via an RF cable. An antenna is connected to V7 via a different RF cable. There is nothing else connected.
"Do you get sound if you play a video from a USB stick on the V7?" - No. There is only a loud noise from USB, from TV, from anything.
"Does USB play have sound if you disconnect the TV antenna / satellite cable from outside?" - No. No difference at all.

It is not correct to say that there is a "sound with noise", there is ONLY noise with absolutely nothing else.

I connected the V7Pro to a third TV - a much modern one.
The TV was able to find three channels: C08 (TV System BG) (193.35Mhz), S31 (TV System I) (386.70Mhz), C35 (TV System BG) (580.05Mhz).
All three have just VERY LOUD NOISE as a sound.
Trying to switch between BG/DK/I did no change, while switching to L removes the picture altogether.

Connecting RF outers in various combination didn't change anything.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have you checked the Audio settings within the V7 Pro.
Menu / Settings / OK / 0000 / OK /Starting at the TOP / Main Language, go through each using the Arrows on the remote, after TXT Language, press the Down Arrow again, to go to the next page, at Digital Audio, you will have two settings (PCM / RAW) try both, at the same time check your (OSD Setup).

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Yes, of course

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

What AV output setting do you have in the V7?
Check it is set to PAL, not auto.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Oh, and trying to power V7Pro with PowerBank didn't help neither.

The V7 AV output is set to PAL.
Previously I've tested it with NTSC and AUTO but to no difference.

HDMI output works without problems.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The last thing I can think of is try changing the audio on the V7 channel to mono.

Owen

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Owen, unfortunately there seemingly is no such setting in Mars firmware. I would love to flash back to the original GTMedia firmware, however I have no idea how to do that (I've created another thread in this forum requesting help on that topic - "V7PRO Mars Downgrade to Original FW").

Frankly speaking I don't remember such setting in original firmware either...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Press the audio button on the remote while on the channel.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Mars return via RS232 recovery.

Owen

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Oh... Yeah, there it is. Nope, no change at all.

Regarding RS232: I have CH340-based USBtoTTL adapter, which I connected to 3-pin connector on the PCB, however the application was always saying "Please restart box". And I didn't see any "RX" blinking on the USBtoTTL, only "TX" blinking. So I am not sure what's going on.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You can't use RS232 for TTL

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have carried out another test on another TV, checked what outputs i was getting, across the spectrum here in the UK.
I found i was getting various outputs but most of them i was getting lot of noise, lines going across the screen etc, apart from one which was CH 9 /10
appox 198/209mhz, were i could see (No Signal), for i had NOT connected an external leads to the receiver.
I then connected my satellite dish, then a cable from the RF of the receiver to the RF of the TV, switched all back on, went to the channel that i had tuned the V7 Pro too, to see what i would get, found that ALL was working as it should, picture and sound, this was with Mars software.

Den

Mbentefor

Post by Mbentefor »

Alrighty, I have decided to choose a shorter path and record a video for you.
Here you go: https://youtu.be/FFlo8K_7RXI?si=Eo19f8sVAvzR8_5j
Tell me what you think.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What is the HDMI cable to, take that out and see what it does, you can replace it afterwards.
Can you give us the model number and make of your TV.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”