Using HDMI adapter to VGA Monitor

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

john collins

Using HDMI adapter to VGA Monitor

Post by john collins »

Good Afternoon - Actually it is my Brother-in-Law who has bought via ebay one of the above Freesat V7 Receivers V7BOX170279497

unable to get past Switch on with it, & struggling with the Chinese Language and to Understand either the Instruction Book or to attain any on line support from the supplier - The Manufacturers sent a replacement - which exhibits exactly the same characteristics as the first unit - Please could you enlighten me a little,as both my Brother- in - Law & me are now both a little in the Dark.

My problem is compounded because I do not ( one of the very few ) do not own a television set -

Firstly could you please tell me if this adapter "Hot 1080P HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable for PC DVD HDTV" from ebay

would enable me to progress operating this V7.

( I am not a TV fan but I do enjoy world Wide Internet Radio )

Please could tell me if "150Mbps Mini USB WiFi Wireless antenna Dongle for Satellite TV Receiver V7 V8" is correct for Terrestrial ( radio Actually )

I plan to use this V8 antenna in the interim as I do not have a dish & Lnb set up yet.

Do I need to upgrade/update V7 software before - anything else - would that be a good idea ?

I am a Licenced radio Operator & have Apple & linux Computers but I am a bit backward on satellite theory

Many Thanks

John collins

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Using HDMI adapter to VGA Monitor

Post by Feralkiwi »

I think you are trying to connect the V7 to a computer monitor via VGA.

If you monitor has AV that would be cheaper, but note you need a 17mm (long) 3.5mm plug to connect with the V7.

As for the HDMI to VGA I have nor used those.

There are posts on which USB Wifi dongel to use.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

john collins

Post by john collins »

john collins wrote:Good Afternoon - Actually it is my Brother-in-Law who has bought via ebay one of the above Freesat V7 Receivers V7BOX170279497

unable to get past Switch on with it, & struggling with the Chinese Language and to Understand either the Instruction Book or to attain any on line support from the supplier - The Manufacturers sent a replacement - which exhibits exactly the same characteristics as the first unit - Please could you enlighten me a little,as both my Brother- in - Law & me are now both a little in the Dark.

My problem is compounded because I do not ( one of the very few ) do not own a television set -

Firstly could you please tell me if this adapter "Hot 1080P HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable for PC DVD HDTV" from ebay

would enable me to progress operating this V7.

( I am not a TV fan but I do enjoy world Wide Internet Radio )

Please could tell me if "150Mbps Mini USB WiFi Wireless antenna Dongle for Satellite TV Receiver V7 V8" is correct for Terrestrial ( radio Actually )

I plan to use this V8 antenna in the interim as I do not have a dish & Lnb set up yet.

Do I need to upgrade/update V7 software before - anything else - would that be a good idea ?

I am a Licenced radio Operator & have Apple & linux Computers but I am a bit backward on satellite theory

Many Thanks

John collins

Hello Owen - co-incidence my cousin from Auckland has just visited me here in UK - My Partners Brother is in South Island
anyway I digress.

I hope I have this reply correct - I have just put a bid on a V8 USB Antenna there pretty low cost so if it doesn't work - to bad

I dont actually have a lot of confidence in Adapters / Converters I have just bought 2 off DVI to VGA adapters - neither work
pretty cheap so not to bothered - just a time delay.

I have just bought two Samsung Monitors they only have DVI & SVGA Input - & no Audio.

I have a 14" Phillips monitor with twin Speakers - Ill probably use that just or a trial.

But Thankyou for your reply - greatly appreciated

Enjoy your Summer on its way we have Winter now to look forward to

Cheers John

radar

Post by radar »

Hi John,

What was the out come with the HDMI to VGA converter?

I too would like to take this path (i.e. hook the V7 HD to a PC monitor). I have seen that it is possible to get HDMI to VGA converters that also have a 3.5 audio connector, as well as the possibility to power them via a mini USB socket for devices that have low HDMI power.

Really interested to learn from your experience.

Rgds,

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

I used a cheapy from ebay last year ,
$12 to $15 ........HDMI to VGA & L/R audio output
i used it on a freinds ROKU box and it worked fine
Just had to play with sizing and rez but it did work good in the end and he is still using it

radar

Post by radar »

Thxs for sharing this Marantz,

I have just finished playing around this weekend with two versions - both had a separate audio outputs, but one also had a mini USB socket additionally allowing for an external power source to be connected. This second type is what you need to use on lower powered HDMI outputs, such as the Raspberry PI.

Tests/results were perfect - both worked, confirming that no additional power source was necessary and hence the cheaper/simpler model (€4) was sufficient.

Indeed, I needed to play around with the resolution settings on the V7 and found that both 720P & 1080P worked just as well.

For completeness, the monitor I connected to was a Samsung SyncMaster 2223nw

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”