No Video On Recorded V7HD Playback? [SOLVED]

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Akacheebe

No Video On Recorded V7HD Playback? [SOLVED]

Post by Akacheebe »

Haven't tried to record/playback anything on my V7HD for some time now but a new TV show on Fox News (PowerVu) on 91W came on recently and I decided to record it for playback the next day because it comes on at 10PM. Recorded that show last night and today when I tried to play it back it won't show ANY video, ie, it plays AUDIO only? That and it's locked up the receiver a couple of times when I tried to do that.

I have some .TS files on that hard drive that were recorded on a Micro HD receiver and I CAN play those back on the V7 HD and I DO get both Video and Audio on them??

So it looks like the V7 is having problems recording only because playback is working with other files recorded on another receiver??

Anything special I should look at to fix this problem?

Thanks

Update.... Forgot to mention that I had tried to play the .TS files recorded from that V7 on my Linux Mint desktop computer using VLC and it won't play them either.
Last edited by Akacheebe on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akacheebe

Re: No Video On Recorded V7HD Playback?

Post by Akacheebe »

UPDATE: More testing and I've found out that the only channels that won't record and playback correctly are Fox and all the other channels on 91w 3820 V 30000?? Wonder why it's just that one transponder??? :cry: I'm using the May 2017 firmware BTW.

Can someone else confirm this please?

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

No one has any idea what's up with this??? :shock: Come on guys. Put your thinking caps on.............just saying!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The best I can think of is that you have a weak signal and the V7 did not lock and decode before it started to record.
I have weak signals and I have to go to a channel on that TP and wait a moment and then change to another channel on that TP to get the decoding to work (Sony TV off Asiasat7).

This may be your issue.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

System is a well tuned Winegard aluminum mesh 10 footer that will normally lock even a 16apsk feed. That transponder, 3820 V 30000 shows 95% signal and 85% Quality so I can't believe that it's a signal strength problem. FYI, other PowerVu channels on other TPs on that satellite record and payback fine, except for the voice sync problem that's been around forever.

This happens whether it's recorded manually, ie, already locked on the channel or by timed record function. No difference in either?? On this TP, when I go to that channel from another satellite it NEVER fails to open as soon as it locks it.

FYI, got a second V7HD in the mail today that has a different firmware in it. It's doing the exact same thing as the one I already had is doing??? :( At least they are consistent.

Wonder if I could/should upload a short record run (10 minutes or so=300MB) for them to look at the stream to see if anything jumps out at them?

Since I have a second one to play with I'm going to upgrade one of them to the newest firmware and see if that does the same thing. Should know something on that before days end.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Upgraded my old V7 to the latest firmware, ran the test record again and same thing??

Deleted that TP and put numbers back in that were a couple of numbers different, ie, 3818 V 29998 to see if that made a difference? Didn't work either??

I've run out of stuff to try now??

Like I mentioned in the other post, I can record a short video for them to look at to see if there's something there?? How long does it need to be and where do I send it?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are these powervu Fox channels to sort of powervu that needs the new updated software to view them, like MTN, using powerVu EMU 2.8?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Feralkiwi wrote:Are these powervu Fox channels to sort of powervu that needs the new updated software to view them, like MTN, using powerVu EMU 2.8?

Owen
Sorry for the slow reply but "real life" sometimes interferes with what I want to do.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "MTN and EMU 2.8"?? WTF moment?? All I got is what is released here for these boxes. I'm currently running the October 11 firmware now on both?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

What I mean is; have these fox channels changed from standard PowerVu to the newer powervu+ (EMU2.8) like the MTN TV channels did?
Do you know of anyone else who is getting these channels?

If they have then the older software will not decode them.

If you start on one of these channels and you go to Menu / conditional access / key entry / ConstantCW and press green for "Add" you will see the CAID for these channels.
PowerVu and powervu+ are "0e00"

If it is not 0e00 then they have changed away from powervu.
This will not tell you if they are powervu+.

Owen

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Feralkiwi wrote:What I mean is; have these fox channels changed from standard PowerVu to the newer powervu+ (EMU2.8) like the MTN TV channels did? If they have then the older software will not decode them.
I got no clue as to what they have or haven't changed on encryption?? How would I know??
Feralkiwi wrote:Do you know of anyone else who is getting these channels?
No one on here has replied and this is the only site I know of that I can ask that question.
Feralkiwi wrote:If you start on one of these channels and you go to Menu / conditional access / key entry / ConstantCW and press green for "Add" you will see the CAID for these channels.
PowerVu and powervu+ are "0e00"

If it is not 0e00 then they have changed away from powervu.
This will not tell you if they are powervu+.

Owen
If they have changed away from powervu, then why am I able to lock and view them real time??? The problem only shows up when I try to playback stuff that I have recorded and it's audio only, NO VIDEO?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried play back via an AV cable to check that you TV (If a smart TV) is blocking the video for rights protection?

Owen

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Feralkiwi wrote:Have you tried play back via an AV cable to check that you TV (If a smart TV) is blocking the video for rights protection?

Owen
I don't have a smart TV but I will try the AV cable just to eliminate that as the source of the problem.

Thanks

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Akacheebe wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:Have you tried play back via an AV cable to check that you TV (If a smart TV) is blocking the video for rights protection?

Owen
I don't have a smart TV but I will try the AV cable just to eliminate that as the source of the problem.

Thanks
Are you using the time record or are you just pressing the record button on the remote, I don't have a V7 to test but my V8 works perfect, another thing, check the time and date in your receiver menu.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

UPDATE: GOT IT!! It was the loose nut behind the remote!! :shock:

What I was doing wrong is, when I went to playback a recorded movie I'd click “Media Center” then “Movie” then select “PVRS” and then select the movie I had recorded. Double click and all it played was audio and half the time it would lock up the receiver?

After I tried the AV cable thingie that didn't work either I changed how I went to that movie by clicking “Media Center” then “Record Manager” then selected the movie I had recorded and it played fine, video and audio!! Duh!

Tried that and it will playback OK on both AV Cable and HDMI connections. :roll:

I'm still wondering why it won't play from both menus though?

Thanks for the help Guys!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Akacheebe wrote:UPDATE: GOT IT!! It was the loose nut behind the remote!! :shock:

What I was doing wrong is, when I went to playback a recorded movie I'd click “Media Center” then “Movie” then select “PVRS” and then select the movie I had recorded. Double click and all it played was audio and half the time it would lock up the receiver?

After I tried the AV cable thingie that didn't work either I changed how I went to that movie by clicking “Media Center” then “Record Manager” then selected the movie I had recorded and it played fine, video and audio!! Duh!

Tried that and it will playback OK on both AV Cable and HDMI connections. :roll:

I'm still wondering why it won't play from both menus though?

Thanks for the help Guys!!
Engineers Please Note:

This user found that play back of recorded video did not play back if he accessed the menu:
“Media Center” then “Movie” then select “PVRS” and then select the recorded movie.

It did play back with this menu selection:
“Media Center” then “Record Manager” then selected the recorded movie.

The channels affected are: Fox and all the other channels on 91w 3820 V 30000.

Please check this.

Owen

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Thanks[/quote]

Are you using the time record or are you just pressing the record button on the remote, I don't have a V7 to test but my V8 works perfect, another thing, check the time and date in your receiver menu.[/quote]

I tried to record a movie last night. Set everything up with the timer and left it on ch to record. It turned ed the box on itself but didn't seem to record. I have a empty pvrs file. You say your v8 records just fine. What way are. You recording?

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”