Problems setting up USALS

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Sevito

Problems setting up USALS

Post by Sevito »

Hi,

I am trying to configure a Freesat V7 with an USALS rotor.
It all works well when installed from scratch.
However, if I need to reset the Freest box for any reason or disconnect the box, the rotor loses the 0 degree reference and then it gets lost.

Let me try to explain a little clearer (step by step to reproduce the issue):
1) I set the rotor at 0ª
2) Then connect the Freesat Box and configure satellites in the box. The rotor moves properly and tracks the satellites properly.
3) Let's say that I am synched to Hotbird 13 (rotor is set, let's say at 18ª west)
4) I lose and recover the power on the Freest box
5) at this point the rotor thinks he is at 0ª though in reality he is at 18ª
6) The Freest box tries to locate the Hotbird 13 by moving another 18 degrees west, which gets him lost at 36º west and then is not possible to recover it from the box.

Is there any step I am missing on the setup to set the 0 reference on the Freesat box for USALS?
Just for reference, the rotor I am using is the following;:
http://91.235.111.92/ficheros/manuales/0000006407.pdf

Thanks in advance

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Problems setting up USALS

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you set your location's lat and long into the V7?

If you select USALS in the motor setup and then press the green button you can set your location.
Press left or right buttons to change the east or west and north or south settings and enter your lat and long.

This is needed for the calculations of how the motor moves.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”