Need Help

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Lorax

Need Help

Post by Lorax »

V7 combo ATSC

Everything was fine, I turned power off on rear, removed the USB drive, now it boots up with the FREESAT welcome screen, scans through channels on LED display, then No Video to TV and won't respond to remote control?
I do not know how to fix it. Can someone help me please?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Need Help

Post by Feralkiwi »

As you say the channels scan through on the LED display it sounds like the video output is not getting to you TV.
Try using the AV output to your TV.

If all that fails you can try a flash.bin recovery.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (.bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the usb in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu". You must use the V7 remote for this.
The unit should reload the software.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Feralkiwi wrote:As you say the channels scan through on the LED display it sounds like the video output is not getting to you TV.
Try using the AV output to your TV.

If all that fails you can try a flash.bin recovery.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (.bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the usb in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu". You must use the V7 remote for this.

Owen
Thanks for the reply Owen. Where would I find flash.bin?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You use a copy of the latest software for your unit.

You unpack it and rename the .bin file.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Feralkiwi wrote:You use a copy of the latest software for your unit.

Owen
Hi Owen,
I did as you said and it seemed to do the flash burn (displayed USB UPGRADE on the TV for 30 or 40 seconds), LEDs went to ----, and no HDMI again. Do you know of any thing else to try? If it is bricked I will get another receiver, is there a preferred model? I do not have to have ATSC with it.
Thank you for your assistance!

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Lorax wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:You use a copy of the latest software for your unit.

Owen
Hi Owen,
I did as you said and it seemed to do the flash burn (displayed USB UPGRADE on the TV for 30 or 40 seconds), LEDs went to ----, and no HDMI again. Do you know of any thing else to try? If it is bricked I will get another receiver, is there a preferred model? I do not have to have ATSC with it.
Thank you for your assistance!
It's not bricked, it's in PAL mode, press the green button on the remote 1 time.

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Is there a specific time to press the green switch? After the FREESAT screen goes away, it won't respond to the remote or front panel switches.
Thanks..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried using a AV cable?

I found this on the green button thing here
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
Owen

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Hi Owen,
thanks for helping. I connected composite video to the TV, it displays the FREESAT screen, then goes to a black screen, and won't respond to the remote. My TV displays PAL, so maybe it does both NTSC and PAL? I wonder if memory is corrupted where the flash.bin is not overwriting it? I should mention that before all this started, I was renaming favourites and when I deleted all characters the unit locked up, I rebooted and tried to edit again and it lock again. I am not sure what to try next.
Thanks again...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try a flash recovery.

Owen

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Feralkiwi wrote:Try a flash recovery.

Owen
That time it worked!! I still have no HDMI, but it works through AV cable. Last time I flashed it it was connected to HDMI, so I had no picture that way.
Now HDMI says no signal on TV. Is there some setting that might fix this?? I was also able to restore the User DB.
Thank you very much for your assistance!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Some older TV's use old HMDi format that the Freesat units do not support.

For these TV's use the AV cable.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”