freesat V7 max blind scan Problem

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ghosmane

freesat V7 max blind scan Problem

Post by ghosmane »

STB Strucking& stop at 82% when setting up a blind scan of Paksat 38°E. Remote does not work too. Power must bin turned of. This has happened many times. Pleas solve this. Thank's.
gαηυмαη

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: freesat V7 max blind scan Problem

Post by Feralkiwi »

Some sats have too many radio stations on them and the memory gets over used.
Try a blind scan with "TV" only set and then if you need the radio channels do a radio only scan.

If this does not fix it Take note of the TP frequency that it is stopping on.
You could manually enter the TP info, all but that one.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ghosmane

Post by ghosmane »

I only search 'TV channel's. However this problem.
gαηυмαη

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Another thing that can stop scanning is if your unit has too many channels on it already, 4000-5000.

Also try this.
Save your user data file to USB and then reload it. Use the SSd user data option.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ghosmane

Post by ghosmane »

There are 1600 channels in my STB. I have searched over 400 channels in a different SAT. It's going to happen only at 38.
gαηυмαη

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Another thing to try is delete satellite 38 from your list and add it again.
This may clear a memory list error.

Owen

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

ghosmane wrote:STB Strucking& stop at 82% when setting up a blind scan of Paksat 38°E. Remote does not work too. Power must bin turned of. This has happened many times. Pleas solve this. Thank's.
I don't know if this is your problem on not but when my V8 does this I know there is too many CHs in memory, you can't see every thing stored in memory, I save all my sats/CHs/ and settings to a USB then remove the USB from the receiver then I do 3 factory resets to clear all the junk from memory then I reload all my settings, try it.

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I have the same problem on 103W and 107W Both freeze at 70%, and I too am scanning only TV channels.

All the other satellites that I can receive blind scan just fine.

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Add 105W C to that list of freezing on a blind scan.
105C is my 'due south' satellite... It is kind of interesting that it, and the ones to either side of it are the ones that freeze on the blind scan. I just successfully did a blind scan on 101W and 113W.

I'm out in the 'middle of nowhere', my nearest neighbours a mile away, and they are behind my dish. It is a hundred and fifty miles to the south before there is a city or even a cell phone tower , so there is nothing in that direction that should be causing RFI.

ghosmane

Post by ghosmane »

My problem solved by factory reset & reload.... :D
gαηυмαη

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I think I may have figured out why my blind scans of 103W SES3 C band are freezing on my V-7Max (and have been for nearly a year).

I did a scan on each individual transponder in the list and what froze up (every time, several attempts) was TP 3735 SR 3689.

Nothing is listed in lyngsat for that frequency or near that, nor for neighbors 101W or 105w. Tweaking my dish, the signal for that frequency peaks for me at 92Q 60S a bit to the east, about where 102.8W / DirecTV 15 should be. According to what I have found, DirecTV 15 is only supposed to be K band, and supposedly is not even being used currently. Maybe someone with satellite signal analysis equipment can figure out what is going on.

So, I don't know what that signal might be, but I have deleted it from my TP list, and will not do any more blind scans on 103W.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Lockups during a blind scan isn't anything new for the Freesat V7 receivers as mine started doing this not long after I purchased it back in January of 2017!! In fact, if you do a search here with my username you'll probably find a thread I started back then for this same issue. THAT is the reason I abandoned blind scan and since then have just manually added TPs for the specific channels/programming that I want to receive. If I want to blind scan I use either an Openbox S9 or a Geosat Pro Micro HD that I also own to do that.

UPDATE: viewtopic.php?p=6142&sid=3d1fd816bda6a6 ... 4578#p6142

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Interesting Akacheebe.
I can't get any signals at all on 127W, due to trees, horizon and 6 ft dish.. 121 scans OK. Occasional problem with 105W, and a couple of times with 107W, but the last time I ran a blind scan on them, they were OK. And have had no problems on any other satellites east of from 78W to 101W.

It is a curious problem. and with the workarounds, no big deal, but it would be nice to know what is really causing it.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Rowland wrote: It is a curious problem. and with the workarounds, no big deal, but it would be nice to know what is really causing it.
I suspect that the channel data from that TP replicates the Freesat "Start Channel" code in the user data file inside the V7.
This means the unit looses the plot and runs wild needing power off.

I had this with one channel off Intelsat19 C @166e with my Skybox F5s
Once scanned it would appear on all lists, both sat and fav.

The early V7HD sometimes would report that it was "Full". Again this was likely something like the end channel code was being lost.

Owen

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I suspect that the channel data from that TP replicates the Freesat "Start Channel" code in the user data file inside the V7.
This means the unit looses the plot and runs wild needing power off.
Hmm, Thank you.

I suppose that isn't something that a typical user could edit without knowing whatever programming language is used in the unit, if even then.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Rowland wrote:I think I may have figured out why my blind scans of 103W SES3 C band are freezing on my V-7Max (and have been for nearly a year).

I did a scan on each individual transponder in the list and what froze up (every time, several attempts) was TP 3735 SR 3689.

Nothing is listed in lyngsat for that frequency or near that, nor for neighbors 101W or 105w. Tweaking my dish, the signal for that frequency peaks for me at 92Q 60S a bit to the east, about where 102.8W / DirecTV 15 should be. According to what I have found, DirecTV 15 is only supposed to be K band, and supposedly is not even being used currently. Maybe someone with satellite signal analysis equipment can figure out what is going on.

So, I don't know what that signal might be, but I have deleted it from my TP list, and will not do any more blind scans on 103W.
Homer you are not crazy
that TP is on the new SES 11 ..105W and is splashing all over the spectrum 3 degrees west and 3 degree east, causing this issues due the signal is so string that the decoders can not lock on that, through spectrum analyzer the peak is so high like Mont everest that is the reason is driving US nuts (including me)

The solution ( I Know I am asking too much) should be an add on on the firmware to mark TP to avoid like a check mark on that TP to skip it. and continue the blind scan.

There could be 2 "band aid" solutions
1) Full scan with preset tps
2) move 1 to 3 "steps" the antenna to the EAST towards 101 so make the signal weaker see of continues the blind scan, then come back to the correct position and do a FULL Scan like 1

and is not the box I have several boxes different brands and all the same. It can be either a data TP or a beacon

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

I have been the whole morning scanning 105 and 103
The issue is that this brand is not top of the line device hence we can not ask too much.

However, there 3 TP's on 105 is causing a tremendous noise 2 degrees to west and east from 105, causing interference on all spectrum. hose TP's are on C band 105 Radio not TV, degrading low power Tp's.
If you ask me the reason I have no clue

Only I am thinking that there are trying still after almost a year to accommodate this new Sat SES/ES 105 that replaced AMC15

But Echostar exploit at maximum its capacity not only for TV, Internet, Data and Military uses, because AMC 15 I was thinking they moved it to a upper orbit but that SAT was only KA/Ku band not C.
Or the TP downlink radio is malfunctioning creating spurious emission all over. so because is going OVER 103W both Sat are compromised for that TP and 04110 V SR 07135

And no..... does not download sh!t

Still 105 is only opened NBC and a couple of Mex Channel over 240 encrypted in Digi. from a Comcast Wholesale (provide services for small cable operators)

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

All very interesting Marsat, and thank you.
The solution ( I Know I am asking too much) should be an add on on the firmware to mark TP to avoid like a check mark on that TP to skip it. and continue the blind scan.
This idea seems simply brilliant and brilliantly simple.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”