Blind scan

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Dave2001

Blind scan

Post by Dave2001 »

If the lnb settings are correct will a blind scan still pick up channels even with the wrong satellite selected?

iq180
网站管理员

Re: Blind scan

Post by iq180 »

Dave2001 wrote:If the lnb settings are correct will a blind scan still pick up channels even with the wrong satellite selected?
Yes, it will find what ever TPs there is signal on, no matter what satellite it is pointed to.

Dave2001

Post by Dave2001 »

Thanks, I finally got the bind scan to pick up some channels,I'm not sure which satellite it is exactly . But I have not been able to get any to open. just getting Encrypt Program message. I have read that it should only take a few minutes (I have waited 30 minutes) I have a signal quality level of 60, is that enough signal strength? I also read to try sd channels vs hd channels but I can't tell which one are sd or hd. I have installed the latest firmware so I thought it should autoroll and decode. Have I forgotten to do something?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Can you post some channels so we can help identify where sat you're at??

Dave2001

Post by Dave2001 »

$AMC
$Canal 1872
$Las Estrelles
$Canal 5
$gala TV
$SKY Sports 16
$SKY Event 2 HD
There are many more such as $Discovery Chann, $Animal Planet that don't sound latin

Dave2001

Post by Dave2001 »

Maybe this would also be useful,

Discovery World
11770/V/30000
PID:518/646/518
News Datacom

Dave2001

Post by Dave2001 »

I am wondering if these channels can't work with the V7. But I have tried other SATs with the same result. I have adjusted my dish to the point that the scale has been worn away on the evaluation settings. When I first received this stb I saw that there we alphanumeric entries in one of the conditional access fields.(I think it was the PowerVu). Those are no longer there since I upgraded the firmware. Was I supposed to download them to the USB stick before the upgrade.I thought the new firmware would have codes in it.

B34t3rGT

Post by B34t3rGT »

sounds to me that you might be on Ku Band rather than C Band, and those channels might be from 58w or 78w, if this is the case, please read more, since without payment only C Band channels using PowerVu/BISS/Tandberg are the ones that are discussed that will be open with the special capabilities of the freesat receivers.

Of course this is my POV according the channels that you list.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

What type of antena & size you have? also what LNB type?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Most of the channels you mention you will find here

Code: Select all

https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-Mexico-58W.html
which is the SKY Mexico pay tv system and will no longer work with the Freesat receivers, or any other STB's. But at least you know which satellite you are pointing at.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Dave2001

Post by Dave2001 »

I am on Ku, the dish I'm using is an old multi satellite direct TV dish with a single universal ku lnb. It's difficult aiming with the universal mount. I did measure the focal point of the original lnb and mounted the new one properly, but the positioning of the lnb to the center of the dish is done by bending the mount to what you hope to be the center of the dish by eyeing it. So, I am not confidant about where it is actually focused to. But, those longitudes are close to the sat I was aiming for. Still not clear if what I am hoping for is possible. Maybe I'm wanting more from this stb than is possible. I've been away from this for a long time.

B34t3rGT

Post by B34t3rGT »

Dave2001 wrote:I am on Ku, the dish I'm using is an old multi satellite direct TV dish with a single universal ku lnb. It's difficult aiming with the universal mount. I did measure the focal point of the original lnb and mounted the new one properly, but the positioning of the lnb to the center of the dish is done by bending the mount to what you hope to be the center of the dish by eyeing it. So, I am not confidant about where it is actually focused to. But, those longitudes are close to the sat I was aiming for. Still not clear if what I am hoping for is possible. Maybe I'm wanting more from this stb than is possible. I've been away from this for a long time.
Well, is just that you are asking the stb to do something that wasn't meant or hint to be capable to do. As I mentioned before, for free paid channels can be viewed ONLY in C Band with encryption of PowerVu/BISS/Tandberg.

the Sky channels are Videoguard that for several months now has been closed even to key sharing protocols (at least MX signal).

If you want to use the Freesat with an universal LNB then your options are drastically reduced (according to geographical location and paid option) to 61w, 70w that are worth it.

IF you want channels like the ones that are often discussed in here you WILL HAVE TO HAVE a dish with C-Band LNB and point to any of the sats that have been mentioned in this forum.

Hope that you have the time to do some reading around so you can get a clear picture of what was meant for these STBs and what was not.

Good luck!

Dave2001

Post by Dave2001 »

thank you for your response. I did a lot of reading on this forum and never got that information. I used to have a BUD and the modified VC2 descrambler ,but times have changed and I didn't expect to ever need the big dish anymore.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”