V7 HD autoroll

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

TivoGuy

V7 HD autoroll

Post by TivoGuy »

So i have been sitting on 101w transponder 4020 V for about two hours and it hasnt roll yet. what is the problem? i have no keys loaded nor softkey

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: V7 HD autoroll

Post by cpr43 »

You will need to ask for a copy of the Softcam and load it to your box so it can update the keys.

TivoGuy

Post by TivoGuy »

I did ask and no one has PM them to me.

TivoGuy

Post by TivoGuy »

i thought the box would autoroll without the need of a softkey file????????

carl

Post by carl »

I sent you a PM with what I had for a number of transponders including 4020.
Carl
Freesat V8 Golden, V8x, Geosatpro MicroHD and Edision mio 4k.

CAMFER004

Post by CAMFER004 »

HOLA.
Soy de Ecuador.
No se como hacer funcionar este equipo.
Ya actualice el sistema con un pen drive con un bin de enero de este año; pero al buscar canales esta opcion esta desactivada.
Que debo hacer?

HI.
I'm from Ecuador.
I do not know how to operate this equipment.
I already updated the system with a pen drive with a bin of January of this year; but when searching for channels this option is disabled.
What should I do?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

CAMFER004 wrote:HOLA.
Soy de Ecuador.
Ya actualice el sistema con un pen drive con un bin de enero de este año; pero al buscar canales esta opcion esta desactivada.
Que debo hacer?

HI.
I'm from Ecuador.
I already updated the system with a pen drive with a bin of January of this year; but when searching for channels this option is disabled.
What should I do?
You need to set up each satellite.
Until you have set up the satellites and marked each one you want to scan, they will not appear in the scan list.

Please have a look at these instructions on setting up your unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

CAMFER004

Post by CAMFER004 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
CAMFER004 wrote:HOLA.
Soy de Ecuador.
Que debo hacer?

HI.
I'm from Ecuador.
What should I do?
You need to set up each satellite.
Until you have set up the satellites and marked each one you want to scan, they will not appear in the scan list.

Please have a look at these instructions on setting up your unit.

Owen
Muchas gracias por la ayuda.

Ahora voy a seguir las instrucciones y cualquier novedad se las hago conocer.

Gracias.

hotsat9

Post by hotsat9 »

Does the V7 autoroll? If so, why does it need a softcam.key file?

TivoGuy

Post by TivoGuy »

That is exactly what i say... what is the need for a softcam.key file if the box knows how to autoroll. there is no need for a softcam.key if the box autorolls but i have been told that you need a softcam.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Most of the autoroll keys needed are usually embedded to the firmware. Unfurtunally, some are missed here and there. Also, some keys expired and new ones are required. So this is the reason a softcam.key file is needed so you can do your update maintenance.

hotsat9

Post by hotsat9 »

So with that said the V7 refrences the softcam.key file (or firmware) and does not do a autoroll. An autoroll is where the receiver automatically harvests the new key from the transport stream. Based on what you said, Im assuming the V7 does not harvest the new key from the transport stream.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Some of the EMM keys that are inbedded in the software seem to be missing with the latest versions of the V7 software.
The EMM key is used to find the ECM key that changes.
MTN Sport24 does not auto roll on my V7 Combo, so I have to copy the softcam.key file over from my V8 Golden to make it decode the channels.
The V7 has auto rolled these channel in the past.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

TivoGuy

Post by TivoGuy »

hotsat9 is totally right on this a autoroll box does not need a softcam.key file to work at all. the box will auto download the keys from the sat to make the channel work. which where the AUTOROLL comes in. from what i can tell the V7 and V8 dont do autoroll by itself. from what i can tell the freesat products dont do autoroll at all. GSKY V6 V7 V8 all do autoroll by themselfs no need for any file at all.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

TivoGuy wrote:hotsat9 is totally right on this a autoroll box does not need a softcam.key file to work at all. the box will auto download the keys from the sat to make the channel work. which where the AUTOROLL comes in. from what i can tell the V7 and V8 dont do autoroll by itself. from what i can tell the freesat products dont do autoroll at all. GSKY V6 V7 V8 all do autoroll by themselfs no need for any file at all.
You seem tobe confusing BISS and PowerVu.

The Freesat boxes do auto roll for POWERVU only, not BISS.
There are issues with the latest software versions for auto roll on the V7 boxes, But my V8 Golden finds the new keys every day.

Yes the Gsky V6 V7 and Gsky V8 do auto roll of BISS via the internet.
BISS needs a lot of resources to find the keys, which is why the Gsky boxes sent 2Gb of TP data to the website, that then finds the code and sends it back.
There may be a day when STB's can auto roll BISS in the box, but those boxes would be big and costly.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”