How to Tune best for offset c-band setup

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

necromars

How to Tune best for offset c-band setup

Post by necromars »

hi,

I have offset c-band setup. So far i could scan most of the TP but not all has reached 60% signal quality. If i focus on one single TP others will loose its quality. Any Suggestions or TIPS with regards to tuning. Or i just add another lnb/disk for certain TP.

Thanks....

Mars

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: How to Tune best for offset c-band setup

Post by Feralkiwi »

With an offset dish, the signal that travels to the top of the dish and then to the LNB travels longer than the signal that hits the bottom of the dish to the LNB.
This means there is a delay of the longer traveled signal.
This delay means that the signals are not all arriving at the same time and this degrades the signal.
That is why C band dishes are prime focus for anything over 1000-1200mm.

You can check that your LNB is in the best focal position by pointing the dish at the sun and use a small mirror to reflect the sun onto the LNB.
You can then move the mirror around the dish to check if all the dish surface is "Pointing" at the LNB.

Also check your "Skew" the rotation of the LNB for your sat.
This site offers a good calculation of skew.
Dishpointer.com

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

maxblue

Post by maxblue »

Feralkiwi wrote:With an offset dish, the signal that travels to the top of the dish and then to the LNB travels longer than the signal that hits the bottom of the dish to the LNB.
This delay means that the signals are not all arriving at the same time and this degrades the signal.

You can check that your LNB is in the best focal position by pointing the dish at the sun and use a small mirror to reflect the sun onto the LNB.
You can then move the mirror around the dish to check if all the dish surface is "Pointing" at the LNB.

Dishpointer.com

Owen

Very good points, all of them.
In the end it seems to me, that the best is
put the antenna where more signal give you for channels
than interests you.

The idea of the mirror is very good and brings out doubts.
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

necromars

Post by necromars »

Feralkiwi wrote:With an offset dish, the signal that travels to the top of the dish and then to the LNB travels longer than the signal that hits the bottom of the dish to the LNB.

Dishpointer.com

Owen
I will try....

Thanks.. owen

kudzi

S24 software request

Post by kudzi »

morning, may you kindly update the powevue software for s24 it has gone off for days now.

regards

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: S24 software request

Post by Feralkiwi »

kudzi wrote:morning, may you kindly update the powevue software for s24 it has gone off for days now.

regards
It has been gone for less than 24 hours when you posted this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”