V7 HD missing channels

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

pwinkel

V7 HD missing channels

Post by pwinkel »

I have upgraded with the latest firmware because of problems with WIFI. It's OK now.
I forgot hiding a channel list before upgrade.
My setup is 2 x Inverto quarttro lnbs and a Maximum 9/4 Multiswitch which I use for 19.2 E (german) and 28.2 E (english ) My problem is now after the upgrade, that I only can see British channels. Have I done something wrong with the parameters? I got 2 Triax receivers and they are ok.

STRETCH

Re: V7 HD missing channels

Post by STRETCH »

Have you checked the (DISEQC) settings on your receiver.
Do a search on this forum, may be a power supply pulsing at 22khz.

DEN

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

pwinkel wrote:I have upgraded with the latest firmware because of problems with WIFI. It's OK now.
I forgot hiding a channel list before upgrade.
My setup is 2 x Inverto quarttro lnbs and a Maximum 9/4 Multiswitch which I use for 19.2 E (german) and 28.2 E (english ) My problem is now after the upgrade, that I only can see British channels. Have I done something wrong with the parameters? I got 2 Triax receivers and they are ok.
Yes with a 9x4 multi switch your need to set each sat, one to 22kHz "ON" and the other to 22kHz "Off" and the correct LNB frequency too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pwinkel

Post by pwinkel »

Sorry but it couldn't help my problem. Gave only British channels

Regarding 19.2 E I wrote in LNB Uniersal 9750-10600 and took port 2 on diseqc 1.0 and the result was 368 TV and 165 radio
28.2 E the same Uni and port 1 and the result was 348 TV and 65 Radio.

Thank you and have a nice weekend

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a try with the (diseqc) set to 1.1.
I have a set up with 2 lnb switches through a a/b switch.
one switch is a 4 way off one dish through the "a" side of the a/b switch which is set to (diseqc 1.0) on the sat's that i require.
second switch is a 8 way off another couple of dishes through the "b" side of the a/b switch which is set to (diseqc 1.1) for the sat's that i require.

DEN

RBCBoy

Post by RBCBoy »

Feralkiwi wrote: Yes with a 9x4 multi switch your need to set each sat, one to 22kHz "ON" and the other to 22kHz "Off" and the correct LNB frequency too.

Owen
Thank you Owen for the valuable information.

I have connected my Mono block Lnb (two lnb with built-in switch with one output) directly to Port 1 of my 4 X 1 DiSEqC 2.0 Switch.
(DiSEqC Switch Ports 2, 3 & 4 are connected to 3 other s lnb)

However under the current configuration my Freesat V7 HD receiver is able only to pick the default lnb (port A) of the monoblock lnb. I am unable to get the signal from port B (second lnb in the mono block lnb). Any suggestion to resolve the issue?

Will setting the 22kHz "ON" in one port (Port A) of the mono block lnb and setting 22kHz "OFF" in the other port (Port B) resolve the issue?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have reported problems with switching before.
The issue I found was that when the switch is set, to say port 2, when that port powers on the start current is too high and trips the over current protection. This powers off the switch and reverts it to port 1.

To solve this I added a signal splitter (satellite / UHF frequency splitter type) to the cable at the Set top box. This adds some impedance to the circuit and stops the current surge. You could also use a tone satellite finder instead of the splitter.
I have only had this problem with uncommitted switches, the 8 port type used for cascade switching, not with 4 port switches.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

RBCBoy

Post by RBCBoy »

Thank you Own.

However is it possible to cascade two "uncommitted switches" ?
I read online that both the switch in the Mono block Lnb and DiSEqC switches are uncommitted switches and hence cascading is not possible.

Apparently some FTA receivers supposedly have Advanced DiSEqC settings where two switches can be configured to work.

Is anyone aware of the advanced DiSEqC settings?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have not tried two uncommitted switches, but they do function as DiSEqC 1.0 switches if you send 1.0 codes to them, so I would expect them to work OK.

Owen

RBCBoy

Post by RBCBoy »

My 4 X 1 DiSEqC switch says DiSEqC 2.0 but it works with DiSEqC 1.0 in the Freesat V7 Receiver.
However it does NOT respond with DiSEqC 1.1. (when I disable DiSEqC 1.0 and select the ports in DiSEqC 1.1)

Is it the problem with my Switch or Receiver or I am doing something wrong.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried the fix I mentioned before, using a tone finder or splitter at the box in the LNB cable to limit the current surge?

That mono block LNB may have a high power use.

Owne

RBCBoy

Post by RBCBoy »

Feralkiwi wrote:Have you tried the fix I mentioned before, using a tone finder or splitter at the box in the LNB cable to limit the current surge?
That mono block LNB may have a high power use.

Owne
I have to order splitter online but it might take a couple of weeks to receive it so I am exploring all options available.
I am learning a lot from this forums about this hobby so it is like a work in progress

Is there any known bug in Freesat V7 with DiSEqC 1.1?
Even when I connect a regular universal Sharp Lnb I am unable to control my 4 X 1 DiSEqC 2.0 Switch using DiSEqC 1.1 settings in my V7
I am able to get the signal only when I enable DiSEqC 1.0 and select the ports.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is an option in the "Other" menu that allows for resending of DiSEqC commands.
You can set it to once (send the command twice) or twice (send three times).
Some older DiSeQc switches need the get the commands twice.

It may be this setting that is your problem.
I set mine to None, no repeat, so commands are send once only. One of my older switches does not switch until the unit detects "No Signal" and sends repeated commands anyway.

Do you have a satellite finder like this?
If you do try that in the circuit at your box.

Owen

RBCBoy

Post by RBCBoy »

Thank you Own. I don't have an Satellite Finder as I used my friend's digital satellite meter to align the dish.

I can only find the "Other" option under System > Other > but here there is only Beeper, Open Channel & Device POP

FreeSat V7 HD
S/W V3.02.116.616 (11/10/2017)
H/W V2.1.0 (25/07/2017)

As I mentioned before DiSEqC 1.0 is working perfectly but DiSEqC 1.1 is not responding.

I have 4 X 1 DiSEqC Switch ==> Made in India | Brand: DBC | Model: BC-41DS | 950 - 2400 MHz | It says "DiSEqC 2.0"

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sorry yes the V7 does not have that software mod for DiSEqC repeating that is in the V8 units.

Someone posted a circuit to use in the cable to do the same thing as a spiltter. It is well down the page.

The Wiki page says you switch should be compatible.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”