Functionality Request: V7 MAX

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

rx7racer

Functionality Request: V7 MAX

Post by rx7racer »

Support and dev team,

I have a V7 Max and I love it - it was the first receiver I bought when getting back into FTA, and it's the one I spend the most time using :D

However, I have a request, and I hope it would be easily answered and fulfilled.

I ask that the dev team generate a firmware build image for the V7 Max that extends the blind scan function in the following ways:

1. Output all of the data resulting from the blind scan to the serial port, including transponder frequency, symbol rate, encoding, et cetera in some manner such as a JSON stream, or other delimited data format.

2. Output of transponder signal strength feedback via the serial port, when selecting a transponder to scan.

3. Output to the serial port in some way when transponder signal is not a digital video transport stream, e.g., data transport, or analog (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) video

4. This one is complicated, and I would be happy to work on its implementation: If the transponder signal is non-video, such as a data stream, add an option to demodulate and dump the stream to the serial port; with a limited number of modulation methods in use, this may prove to be trivial at best and a nightmare at worst, but this is a wish list, right? :D

It would be exceptionally awesome if it were possible to expose some manner of control of the blind scan function via the serial port, but the technical constraints of doing so are obvious to me - so I understand if it is not something you wish to do.

The purpose of asking these things is that I am building an Arduino-based signal hunter and mapping device, and hopefully would like to build it over and around my beloved V7 Max :D

If necessary, I am open to signing a non-disclosure agreement and a non-distribute agreement to be granted such a request. I do not intend to publicly release my work at the current stage, and may not release it at all, depending on the direction - it is for my own use, even if it may have commercial potential, that may be something interesting to your team.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”