V7 HD problem

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Satman43

V7 HD problem

Post by Satman43 »

Hi guys, new here but not new to the sat world, have been into C-band since its inception, I have a problem with my V7 every now and then the screen will go black and the encrypted sign shows and then the picture comes back, it has the current file in it, am wondering if there is a reason for this, or can anything be done for it?? I also notice that sometimes when I change satellites and it hits the channel it will show as being encrypted until I shut the receiver off and back on then the picture shows.. thanks in advance and I appreciate any info......
Last edited by Satman43 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim

Re: V7 HD problem

Post by Jim »

Satman43 wrote:Hi guys, new here but not new to the sat world, have been into C-band since its inception, I have a problem with my V7 every now and then the screen will go black and the encrypted sign shows and then the picture comes back, it has the current file in it, am wondering if there is a reason for this, or can anything be done for it?? I also notice that sometimes when I change satellites and it hits the channel it will show as being encrypted until I shut the receiver off and back on then the picture shows.. thanks in advance and I appreciate any info......
Satman43 Check your Signal/Quality strength when this happens and peak your dish for the strongest signal. I find that works for me when that happens. Maybe your dish needs tuned some. Is this on the same satellites all the time?

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

Thanks, Jim, but I my signal quality can't get much better, I also use an Openbox Z5 and have no problems, the problem is there on any satellite and is random but pretty consistent, also was there with both of the last 2 updates, maybe its a bad box, or has a weaker tuner than the openbox...Oh well, appreciate your thoughts, thanks again

Jim

Post by Jim »

Satman43 wrote:Thanks, Jim, but I my signal quality can't get much better, I also use an Openbox Z5 and have no problems, the problem is there on any satellite and is random but pretty consistent, also was there with both of the last 2 updates, maybe its a bad box, or has a weaker tuner than the openbox...Oh well, appreciate your thoughts, thanks again
I'm very happy with my V7 and have done nothing with updates since I took it fresh out of the box! Once in awhile I get the Encrypt message and I either peak the dish or reboot it and it seems to do the trick foe me. I hope you get the problem resolved Satma43.

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

Jim wrote:
Satman43 wrote:Thanks, Jim, but I my signal quality can't get much better, I also use an Openbox Z5 and have no problems, the problem is there on any satellite and is random but pretty consistent, also was there with both of the last 2 updates, maybe its a bad box, or has a weaker tuner than the openbox...Oh well, appreciate your thoughts, thanks again
I'm very happy with my V7 and have done nothing with updates since I took it fresh out of the box! Once in awhile I get the Encrypt message and I either peak the dish or reboot it and it seems to do the trick foe me. I hope you get the problem resolved Satma43.
thanks again, no complaints here either really, I can live with it as well, just wondered if there was anyone else experiencing the same thing, I love the setup on this box compare to the format of the Openboxes, I also have a V8 model that I pulled out of the box and tried to update and it just keeps rebooting and I gave up on but will now revisit in the proper section soon... I never got the opportunity to even use it, appreciate your input and still working on my softcam for the V7 as when I modified my softcam from the openbox it seems some of the transponders collide, seems I need to pick and choose between my favorites, thats another discussion though as well, again, I appreciate your thoughts and input Jim

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sometime when you are watching or just changed to a channel and it goes black and then says encrypted, this is when the unit looks for a new code, ie the channel has changed code.
To check this "Export" your softcam.key file form the conditional access menu and open it with notepad on your computer.

The new codes the unit has found are after the line:
#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# Auto ECM Key #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Another thing to try is to save your userdata ssd file and softcam.key and then do a factory reset.
This removes the codes from memory.
Also check that your softcam.key file does not have too many duplicates of code lines.
This can happen if you export and import often, it copies the codes after the "Auto ECM Key #*#" and duplicates them.
Too many code line of the same confuses the units.

Note: the softcam.key file is the same for the V7 and V8 so you can load the v7 softcam.key file in to your recovered V8.

As for your V8 that reboots.
First you can try the flash.bin method.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

Thanks Feralkiwi, that thought had entered my mind however it happens on channels the the key has not changed in a year, unless the receiver randomly does this by default, I can see this on channels like A F N, however I will look at what you suggested, I am new to the freesat platform but my history in this hobby has allowed me to work around many knowledgeable people since the middle 80's....

As for my V8, I believe I tried that method but will revisit it again, back a ways we used to be able to clone a receiver from another one, is that possible with these??

And I understand what you are saying about the softcam getting confused, and yes I am trying to combine an existing Openbox softcam with one found here, I don't have an updated one yet but will one day soon I hope
Anyway I appreciate your help......thanks much

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Satman43 wrote:As for my V8, I believe I tried that method but will revisit it again, back a ways we used to be able to clone a receiver from another one, is that possible with these??
In a way yes you could clone the unit.
You can choose to save to USB the main code, the user data and the softcam and then load these into another of the same type of unit.

Re the flash.bin recovery;
Make sure that your USB is working.
When you plug it into a powered on unit you should see the USB stick light flashing as it is checked by the unit on power on.
You could check this first and then power on again while pressing menu on the remote repeatedly.

Your next option for recovery is the RS232 method.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

thanks again Owen will work on it soon, still getting the V7 finalized...

carl

Post by carl »

I'm also getting the same black screen/encrypt message as satman43 on my V7 combo. It usually only goes out for a second or two and comes back. I don't remember having this problem before I installed the keys for the 177W satellite. Since it comes back right away I just live with it. It only happens about once or maybe twice a day.

Going to a new channel, sometimes I get the encrypt message and have to wait minutes for the code to kick in. I find if I change channels and go back again, it pops in right away but the channels have to be on a different frequencies say 4020 to a 3860 and back again for example. If they are in the same mux it doesn't work as quickly.
Carl
Freesat V8 Golden, V8x, Geosatpro MicroHD and Edision mio 4k.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi
I get the exact same thing with the V7 max ,the black encrypt message once in a while ,i just been living with it ,otherwise hard to beat this box for the money .it only lasts a second or two then comes back on (power vu stations 91 w. )
I put my keys in manually ,not too many lines of code,using the software from version from Nov 2017 i believe ,

i haven't upgraded to the latest software version since the receiver has been working great otherwise .

I have had the lock up too ,just turn it off and then back on and it works every time.

I figure these are only small issues ,considering you are getting free tv !

You Gotta love it......... and all for less than 50 bucks depending on what model Freesat 7 you have .

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

Its good to hear this seems to be a problem with not just me, and seems to cover other models as well, maybe something the engineers can look at, I have tried different updates and clean softcams and it doesn't change it, although I noticed that with the old softcam that was built from several different formats styles it was more prevalent, maybe the area it originates from....
As has been said, all thing considered its a minor issue ...

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Satman43 wrote:As for my V8, I believe I tried that method but will revisit it again, back a ways we used to be able to clone a receiver from another one, is that possible with these??
In a way yes you could clone the unit.
You can choose to save to USB the main code, the user data and the softcam and then load these into another of the same type of unit.

Re the flash.bin recovery;
Make sure that your USB is working.
When you plug it into a powered on unit you should see the USB stick light flashing as it is checked by the unit on power on.
You could check this first and then power on again while pressing menu on the remote repeatedly.

Your next option for recovery is the RS232 method.

Good luck

Owen
Well I finally got the V8 Super fixed via the rs232 method and is working good, I noticed the problem with the encryption nag is not there with this box as of yet, also I noticed on the V7HD when I changed channels I would get a studder until it was there for a while on the channel and that is also not there on the V8 Super, thanks Owen, appreciate the help

er89

Post by er89 »

Hello!
I have a freesat v7 HD, yesterday when I'm working, there was a lot of thunderstorm. when I came home, the box it turn on, but there are no HDMI signal. It was any kind of solution or is broken?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

er89 wrote:Hello!
I have a freesat v7 HD, yesterday when I'm working, there was a lot of thunderstorm. when I came home, the box it turn on, but there are no HDMI signal. It was any kind of solution or is broken?
Does the display on the V7HD still change numbers when you change channel?

If you get stuck and can not see the picture to get to the menu there is a Green button method they added to change from NTSC to Pal etc.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
Or you could try reloading the software.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Also you could try using the AV output with a 3.5mm cable.

Owen

danini

Post by danini »

carl wrote:I'm also getting the same black screen/encrypt message as satman43 on my V7 combo. It usually only goes out for a second or two and comes back. I don't remember having this problem before I installed the keys for the 177W satellite. Since it comes back right away I just live with it. It only happens about once or maybe twice a day.

Going to a new channel, sometimes I get the encrypt message and have to wait minutes for the code to kick in. I find if I change channels and go back again, it pops in right away but the channels have to be on a different frequencies say 4020 to a 3860 and back again for example. If they are in the same mux it doesn't work as quickly.
Same problem for me. But in my case, the Encripted message keep more seconds on the screen.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You both may have too many codes in your softcam.key file.
the unit may be looking through the codes on the list.
I found some time back that over ten codes for the same channel caused problems.
Edit your softcam.key file and remove duplicates and old codes that are not needed now.

Also I have found that some TP's have different codes for channels on the same TP
Sony on Asiasat 7 for example. I find changing channel to one of the channels with the same code and then back and the unit finds the code.
Of note Sony channels (PowerVu) on Asiasat 7@105.5e when "Encrypted" 16 hours back.
Their CAID is listed as 09dd.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”