Freesat V7 Combo terrestrial not work

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

gigano

Freesat V7 Combo terrestrial not work

Post by gigano »

Freesat V7Combo HD with latest firmware Terrestrial not work!

abankgantenk177

Re: Freesat V7 Combo terrestrial not work

Post by abankgantenk177 »

gigano wrote:Freesat V7Combo HD with latest firmware Terrestrial not work!
Downgrade firmware 20-1-2018

gigano

Post by gigano »

I tried everything to downgrade, the receiver does not let me do it, I named the old firmware in "flash.bin" but does not let me downgrade, I also tried with RS232 tool nothing to do. I'm getting angry, because they give updates that then do not work?

gigano

Post by gigano »

It does not allow me to downgrade.
2018-05-20 13.24.00.jpg
2018-05-20 13.24.00.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3891 times

abankgantenk177

Post by abankgantenk177 »

gigano wrote:It does not allow me to downgrade.2018-05-20 13.24.00.jpg
Form USB FAT32

gigano

Post by gigano »

I formatted it but it does not work. I managed with an old firmware of 2017 to run the Terrestrial, I understood where the problem is, I had saved the DB ssdata file, then I did the new update is the problem presented itself! I understand that the DB SSDATA FILE is incompatible I do not know why, this should be discovered by freesat engineers, in fact if you do not load the DB SSDATA FILE the terrestrial works. Now I have a big problem I have to search the channels on 24 Satellites. Thank You for support

shin

Post by shin »

gigano wrote:I formatted it but it does not work. I managed with an old firmware of 2017 to run the Terrestrial, I understood where the problem is, I had saved the DB ssdata file, then I did the new update is the problem presented itself! I understand that the DB SSDATA FILE is incompatible I do not know why, this should be discovered by freesat engineers, in fact if you do not load the DB SSDATA FILE the terrestrial works. Now I have a big problem I have to search the channels on 24 Satellites. Thank You for support
Downgrading from the menu won't work. Do this instead:

1. On your USB flashdrive, rename the old firmware file to 'flash.bin'; then plug your USB drive on your box
2. Unplug your box
3. Plug it again. While powering on your box, press "Menu" multiple times on your remote
4. Box should say VP9, wait for it to finish

The old firmware should be installed on your box.

gigano

Post by gigano »

Many Thanks.

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

I have also the same problem with the latest V7Combo firmware. I can't downgrade as mentioned earlier. I am getting the same error message which says I have to get the last firmware as downgrade is not possible. I followed the above instruction, rename the old firmware as flash.bin, unplugged and replugged the box and pressing menu couple of times. the firmware isn't upgrading automatically. it is just taking me to the menu and refusing to downgrade. What is going on with this?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

spartabis wrote:I have also the same problem with the latest V7Combo firmware. I can't downgrade as mentioned earlier. I am getting the same error message which says I have to get the last firmware as downgrade is not possible. I followed the above instruction, rename the old firmware as flash.bin, unplugged and replugged the box and pressing menu couple of times. the firmware isn't upgrading automatically. it is just taking me to the menu and refusing to downgrade. What is going on with this?
Remember when you do a "flash.bin" forced software change you must use the V7 remote, not the V8 remote.
I would try older versions of the software, even back 10-12 months, and then is that works upgrade to the newer version you want.
You could also try the RS232 method for a downgrade.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

its the V7 remote that I am using and this is the remote that came with the box. I have used the menu button on the box itself as well and the firmware upgrade message came up but it just got stuck on the screen doing nothing. After 30 minutes I manually switched it off and restarted and the firmware didn't obviously downgraded. I will try some 2017 old firmware and see if I will be successful. This is just to re-instate it to the state it was before in case I sell it as it looks like the proper EPG function on this boxes will never been fix and without it these boxes are just useless. What really annoys me the engineers are focusing fixing non-important and unnecessary things when big and more important things need to be looked at.

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

I tried older firmwares from start of 2017 and they all failed to load. I think the engineers should release a new firmware for this box that allows firmware downgrade otherwise people who don't know that the latest firmware will not be compatible with their saved DB data will badly regret.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”