Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Chocolatin

Re: New user

Post by Chocolatin »

hola amigos yo tambien tengo uno de esos con doble salida son muy buenos

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Chocolatin wrote:hola amigos yo tambien tengo uno de esos con doble salida son muy buenos
Una cosita chocolatin si la discusion esta en un idioma, es cortesia no cambiar el idioma please. Se ve feo y de mala educacion. Usa google translate, a los usuarios que no habla el idioma no les importa que suene raro.

Those are very good, very very good, I vouch for them. I have 2 of those also double output, that were connected to 2 receivers V8 SUper For linear one and the other Circular. I removed them 4 days ago to upgrade to Block downconverter PLL LNB Norsat. I felt sad, they gave me so much over the years.

So crazy me, I bought another dish and I am gonna re-use them

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

HAHAHAH I did not see your post
Hukmut wrote:
I have a friend who helped me get started. His yard looks like a dish farm! He must have at least ten! Plus he does ham radio!
Ham radio operator too, gave up long time ago
my "farm"
4 Ku Antennas
1 C Band (well plus ku too)
1 Ka
1 C band in transit to be installed I believe in August

So 7
Hukmut wrote:
He lives out in the country, so no neighbor issues. Older gent. Been there, done that, for the military.
He is me ? or is my twin lol
I live mostly on AA (American Airlines). USAF retired

Hukmut did you buy the LNB finally?

Chocolatin

Post by Chocolatin »

Chocolatin wrote:hola amigos yo tambien tengo uno de esos con doble salida son muy buenos
hi friends i also have one of these double polarity and they are very good 15K :ugeek:

solanox

Post by solanox »

:D hi from venezuelan

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

solanox wrote::D hi from venezuelan
Hello and Welcome 78 W*

* 78W Simon Bolivar is the Satellite owned by Venezuela

solanox

Post by solanox »

Marsat wrote:
solanox wrote::D hi from venezuelan
Hello and Welcome 78 W*

* 78W Simon Bolivar is the Satellite owned by Venezuela
:lol: yes
very very bad

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Well, as it turns out, I have traded some of my "stuff" for a ten foot BUD and pole with gimbal. No motor as yet.

The dish has a lnb already mounted. I will be installing the thing in my yard in the next few days. First need to

"uproot" the unit. A Harley Davidson Sportster came with the deal, as well. Low miles. '01. You just never know

what life might have to offer! Add that to my other bikes. Yes, I have MBS. Multiple Bike Syndrome. Alas! :roll:

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Hukmut wrote:Well, as it turns out, I have traded some of my "stuff" for a ten foot BUD and pole with gimbal. No motor as yet.

The dish has a lnb already mounted. I will be installing the thing in my yard in the next few days. First need to

"uproot" the unit. A Harley Davidson Sportster came with the deal, as well. Low miles. '01. You just never know

what life might have to offer! Add that to my other bikes. Yes, I have MBS. Multiple Bike Syndrome. Alas! :roll:

C u r bragging now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Oh, but wait! On the way home with my newly acquired 10 foot dish in the back of a pickup truck, we hit a bump

and the dish comes loose and falls out onto the roadway! :shock:

Luckily, there was no one behind us. :?
Needless to say, there are repairs to be had.....

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Stand it up and point it at the sun and use a small mirror on the surface to check that the reflection is on the LNB.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:Stand it up and point it at the sun and use a small mirror on the surface to check that the reflection is on the LNB.

Owen
ingenious :idea: !

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

SOP to find the focal point of an offset dish, get a handful of small mirrors (aprox 1" dia) and glue them to the dish. Point dish at sun, stand in front with a piece of A4 printer paper and where all the reflections come together that is the focal point. You can see if the dish curvature is good or bad.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Watch that you do not put too many mirrors on your dish, as my 4.1m solid dish was once covered in aluminum foil. When a railway sleeper was pasted through the focal point it exploded!

Too much sun will over heat the LNB when testing.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

laser cannon powered by sun :lol:

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

juan_vale wrote:SOP to find the focal point of an offset dish, get a handful of small mirrors (aprox 1" dia) and glue them to the dish. Point dish at sun, stand in front with a piece of A4 printer paper and where all the reflections come together that is the focal point. You can see if the dish curvature is good or bad.
More than than the dish itself problem, the LNB support arms that are bended

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

About the only damage, that I can see, is the rim is somewhat distorted. The lnb support arms are still straight, but I think the lnb has come loose from its mount. Haven't had time to fix and the weather has been wet.
With all this rain, maybe I can at least dig the hole for the dish mounting post. :D

mat4657

Re: New user freesat v7 combo

Post by mat4657 »

Hello,i am new user of freesat v7 combo,can u give me a instruction,please help me :oops:

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

mat4657 wrote:Hello,i am new user of freesat v7 combo,can u give me a instruction,please help me :oops:
You need to open your OWN thread! Do not hijack another thread. That is called respect
Secondly, when you do that be more specific on what what need

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mat4657 wrote:Hello,i am new user of freesat v7 combo,can u give me a instruction,please help me :oops:
There are instructions on the download page.

Please look at theses instructions on setting up.

Owen

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Feralkiwi wrote:Watch that you do not put too many mirrors on your dish, as my 4.1m solid dish was once covered in aluminum foil. When a railway sleeper was pasted through the focal point it exploded!

Too much sun will over heat the LNB when testing.

Owen
What I suggested was for an antenna you pick up cheap but has no arms/mounts. So this is just to find the focal point (impossible to calculate) Do this before you mount the lnb Most offset dishes are fiberglass and not easy to spot defects. Metal dishes may be warped or bend with the heat of the day.

I use white glue (for sticking paper, and it peels away easily). and yes I have seen many plastic LNB housings melted/deformed because of the heat generated at the focal point (remember those solar cigarette lighters)
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Valpa

Post by Valpa »

Hukmut wrote:Regarding your reply to my post: Thank you! That information is exactly what I was needing!
Now all I have to do is go to http://www.lyngsat.com and find just where to point my dishes.
I will be installing the .bin onto my STB this afternoon.

Currently, outside, it is about 93 degrees F. During the heat of the day is when I mess around with the satellites.

Again, thank you for the info! :D

Puedes buscar en esta pagina para saber la pisada del satélite y medida de la antena que necesitas: https://satbeams.com/footprints

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Valpa wrote:

Puedes buscar en esta pagina para saber la pisada del satélite y medida de la antena que necesitas: https://satbeams.com/footprints
It helps but is not exact.
Why?
Because satbeams takes the information from the satellite providers. SES, Intelasat Hispasat Ect
The Satellite provider before launching have a marketing plan in where the satellite would provide service, so the aim the antennas to those areas
Using complex mathematical formulas involving many factors like terrain, distance etc know the area when they can provide service with no blackouts, that means no fading on signal no pixelate, if TV service, always a string signal Uplink and downlink. EIRP level.
That is what you see on the footprints, the "guarantee" to the subscriber (TV Stations) not us that they cover that area they are paying for.

You can see that on some footprints that the shape is weird, not an oval or circle, because that what in reality is those shapes

The Satellite beams are are like a light beam from a flashlight.

Grab a soccer ball a flashlight and point to the ball that is what a satellite does. Now if you can narrow the light beam of the flashlight to very narrow
in Satellite is called "Spot beam" Usually for Ku and Ka Band, the wide is for C band, and Ka band as well

So as an example from satbeams, (that I am not saying is wrong or outdated, I just said that the information provided did not guarantee the subscriber - TV Station- service in that area)

78.8W Sky Mexico on Mexico Beam recommend for Miami 90cm dish. I have aimed a 45cm dish with 85% Signal strength

Marsat

Valpa please do not change the language, other users gets mad. Is not polite either just for respect, just put your words in Spanish using google translate copy and paste here. Thank you

jskora1696

Post by jskora1696 »

Hello Hukmut

in my short experience in this hobby, I had very good results with a WS International lnb model DMX242...I have one of these since 5 years ago and it worked very good till today...I don't know how much it might cost (mainly because I'm from other country) but probably it will be around U$d 30..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I think that global beams from satellites are affected by the other TP beam antennas.
Look at this beam foot print for Intelsat 19 @ 166e.
The beam does not reach the area of the equator in the east Pacific ocean.
This is true as a user on this forum can not receive this beam in the central east pacific region.
166eBeam.JPG
166eBeam.JPG (72.38 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
If you look at the areas covered by the other beams on this satellite you will see that the areas not covered by the global beam are where the TP feed horns for the other beams would be.
The gap to the north caused by the NW and NE Pacific beams, The gap to the east caused by the SW Pacific beam and the smaller gap to the south east caused by the ANZ beam.
I would also expect that Satellite makers shape their feed horns to avoid covering an area not intended for that beam.

Just my observation, I may be wrong.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”