New user

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Hukmut

New user

Post by Hukmut »

Hello all! I am glad to have found this forum! First of all, this is totally new to me. New terminology, lingo, and new directions.
My first question: when I download any updates, either firmware or keys, it comes to me zipped. Does it need to be unzipped before I install it or does the firmware automatically unzip it as it is installed?
And then what happens?
In school, the only dumb or stupid question is the one that is not asked. Same here?
I will be anxiously awaiting any answers that may come.
Thank you! :D

Hukmut

Re: New user

Post by Hukmut »

And, by the way, I am located in the southern part of the state of Mississippi in the U.S.
I have a Freesat v7 HD. Actually, I have two of them. (Just in case I mess one up! :D )
I also have three dishes. One is a meter plus wide, another one is an oval, and the "experimental" is also about a meter wide. My various LNB's are of unknown manufacture.
So far I can receive the Chinese Global channels, but that is about it. Like I said, I am just beginning to explore satellite technology.
I hope that this information is helpful in my quest to find more channels. :D
Thank you!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes for the V7HD you unzip the folder and use the .bin file.

Place a copy of the .bin file on the main part of a USB stick.
With the stick in your V7HD, press menu and go to tools, thenUSB Upgrade.
select the .bin file you saved on USB and use "All Code" and press start.

From USB Backup you can select User DB+SystemData to save your settings and channel list to USB

There are instruction here on setting up your unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Regarding your reply to my post: Thank you! That information is exactly what I was needing!
Now all I have to do is go to www.lyngsat.com and find just where to point my dishes.
I will be installing the .bin onto my STB this afternoon.

Currently, outside, it is about 93 degrees F. During the heat of the day is when I mess around with the satellites.

Again, thank you for the info! :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

A better site for pointing your dish is dishpointer.com.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Hello from Miami and welcome
Hukmut wrote:In school, the only dumb or stupid question is the one that is not asked
Same here
and that what i taught my kids

A professor got piss.d at me at the university Mr Johnson that was Physics 3, wont forget. And I told him exactly the same, and added, If I dont aske you, can you recommend me another professor (and standing up in an auditorium about 300 people. the guys was read like a ripe tomato.
Hukmut wrote: Now all I have to do is go to http://www.lyngsat.com and find just where to point my dishes.
[/quote

mmmm good luck. lyngsat info is 50% outdated or worse, believe me.
Hukmut wrote: Currently, outside, it is about 93 degrees F. During the heat of the day is when I mess around with the satellites.
! :D
Come to Miami!
only 90~F and real feell about 110 those who speak Celcius around 40 to 43. But not the heat is humidity what kills us AC dont stop 24/7

My recommendation and what I always did since teenager
- Work early in the morning (dusk) if can't be finished continue at dawn
why?
1) signal is much better at that time. no solar interference
2) It is not too hot in summer that burn your head (sun stroke) I've been there r burn your hands touching the metals
3) if you have a satellite spectrum analyzer or digital satellite finder like the one Freesat Sells you wont ne able to see the screen at direct sun

Also PLEASE PLEASE for everybody. BACK UP FIRST your data (DUMP), when you upgrade the firmware leaves the receiver factory setting with nothing else store, once that recover through the same flash drive (pen)

And last

With that size antenna only Ku Band. You wont get anything on C
Those Chinese channels maybe 95W

close to it you have over 180 channels 97W Many Muslins and Religious only 2 in HD that are Turkish
Ku is not good for us I have strong Signals in almost all of them including some Southamerican Networks and Feeds from Argentina, Colombia in 45.5W
30W Hispasat I have a 76cm in the roof due the inclination for me is 27 degrees almost vertical, but accidentally my son (MiaSat profile here) forgot to adjust the bolts of the actuator and the dish ent all the way down to the east, was dark and did not realized and I blind scanned Ku (8' solid) and wow I had 5W that takes all Haitian channels 3 FTA all the other are scrambled

Consider a C band antenna 2,4m and bigger. if short in budget, consider craiglist.org many people trying to get rid of them and with the same receiver you will have your own cable company. I have over 400 channels in 3 languages that are worthy for me

At the moment after 2 years with the antennas and 1 years with Freesat we are upgrading the actuator with one heavy duty and dish mover as per the LNB's I a considering going to Norsat Models

Regards

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Ah yes, dishpointer is indeed a better way to point my dishes! Thank you for the tip!
Folks like you are what makes a forum great! :D
Thank you again! :D

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Hi there Marsat in Miami! Love that prof story! :D :D :D
I do work in the evenings after the heat of the day, and again in the early mornings. Siesta in between!
I am new to the satellite scene and am having a blast. Looking for content is much better than staring at nothing but commercials between Trump bashing! ;)
Relevance.
This satellite thing is just one of my "projects" that keeps me busy. Retirement is great but the pay sucks! :D
Now, if I could only get this tablet to stop auto correcting me. Had to type that last sentence 3 times to get it right! :D
Oops, gotta go see what the search has found. Thanks for the help!

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Hukmut wrote:Hi there Marsat in Miami! Love that prof story! :D :D :D
I do work in the evenings after the heat of the day, and again in the early mornings. Siesta in between!
I am new to the satellite scene and am having a blast. Looking for content is much better than staring at nothing but commercials between Trump bashing! ;)
Relevance.
This satellite thing is just one of my "projects" that keeps me busy. Retirement is great but the pay sucks! :D
Now, if I could only get this tablet to stop auto correcting me. Had to type that last sentence 3 times to get it right! :D
Oops, gotta go see what the search has found. Thanks for the help!

you bet!
401K saved me. I know social security really sucks

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Been reading through almost all of the earlier postings. Got as far as page 50. Seems to me that I have no clue as to what I am doing as far as my satellite receiver goes, but it is a challenge to just "see" what is out there.
I find that the Ku band content is nearly full of non-English language channels. Yes, there are some but, nothing of interest to me. (Sorry) Not a problem!
I have the Freesat v7hd with a 1m dish. Works great! I am in search of a c -band dish. I also recently purchased the GTmedia v8 hd with all kinds of numbers added (what do they all mean?). Should be here by the end of next month.

I cannot even imagine how you volunteer techs do what you do for this community. Thank you! :D

I know that I will be asking many questions, but before I do, I plan on doing a search first to see if my questions have already been asked and answered, thereby lightening your load.
Maybe by that time I will have the required ten postings. :D
Heck, maybe I will even understand why I need the keys and what to do with them!
More later...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have a look through the Tools section.
There are many instructions for these boxes there.

Ask anything. We all learn.

Owen

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Thanks mate! The search continues for the elusive c band dish. MAY need to construct my own! :D :roll:

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Hukmut wrote:Thanks mate! The search continues for the elusive c band dish. MAY need to construct my own! :D :roll:
They are not elusive at all, I was needing a 10 foot one for my new house so I just got in my truck, went and put gas in it and started driving around looking, in 2 HRs I was on my way home with a free 10 footer, it does have a few dints but that is a easy fix, it's not hard at all, you just need to get out and start looking, you will find one for free.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Hukmut wrote:Thanks mate! The search continues for the elusive c band dish. MAY need to construct my own! :D :roll:
My first dish back in 1985 was purchased new and after that all my other dish's were either free or I paid a small amount of money! And all the dishes were found on Craigslist. You can buy new on E-bay from a guy in Canada I believe.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Hukmut wrote: I find that the Ku band content is nearly full of non-English language channels. Yes, there are some but, nothing of interest to me. (Sorry) Not a problem!
True
I can get from 5W to 120+ Ku except for 30W that my wife watch some channels there is nothing else that attract us either, on top of that I have only 2TV at home 4K, so when the signal is SD 480 the image sucks, all pixelate or even so fuzzy that you can even enjoy, and very strong signal.
I pass you my list
5W I get Haitian channels some FTA the others are Scrambled very strong signal
* 30 W I have a 76cm on the roof many channels FTA from Argentina to Spain
45 Some News Feed from Argentina and I believe one channel from Colombia is what I get
53 Only one channel from Guatemala and is Religius
58 Is Sky Mexico Scramble there are no longer keys for this
61 Nearly some TP (brazil) yeah I am asking too much
63 Same as above
70 I barely pick up 3 to 4 tps no lock and no luck to download. I do have the IKS keys
* 77 Mexico I do have the IKS keys I have another receiver for this.
* 78 Venezuela. I do have it only for the reason to find out how they brainwash the people
78.8 Same as 58 Sky from Mexico no keys any longer
87 Not interested
89 religious some Irdeto scramble channels
* 91 ABC News Feed (from Mobile trucks to TV station) Very good when a mayor event is going on for raw feeds
95 Chinese Channels.
97 Mostly religious or Middle East Channels only 2 HD and a lot of Infomercials Channels.
99 Russian, Jewish and Infowars. Not interested
103 NBC, RT and NHK I have them on C Band
105 Macys ??
111 Only 3 channels from Canada
113 Reuters an annoying sound and some Religious channels
116.8 Mexican Network Tigo scrambled no keys
121 Dish, used to open at least Velocity and used to be VA channels in PV not any longer. Linear polarization on Dish.
123 Only 3 channels Korean Religious and I dont remember what else
125 PBS well I am not a kid anymore and my youngest is 17 no need.

I havent check anything else after that on west

Note: There are many feeds that are sporadic that I have not mentioned Like Univision Feeds, CNN etc but just feeds, uaully occurs when mayor events like Earthquake in Mexico, Hurricanes in PR TX and FL last year, Shootings in TX FL and las Vegas etc that are very active.

Also. those by Directv, Dish (except mexico that is not turbo 8psk) Shaw that are circular and Turbo 8psk and you need IKS to open them and most of them no longer available.

So l after message gives me as you can see only 2 sats

30W I have a fixed antenna for that
77W same

No need any longer the 1.2 antenna so I will experiment with some C sats

Tr0ll

Post by Tr0ll »

New user here also!! Been in the satellite hobby for a while and have some FTA receivers, but, wanted to experiment with one of these inexpensive receivers to see what I could get with it. Hopefully I'll learn a few things while I'm visiting here.

Also have a friend local to me who is a member here and I did get my Freesat receiver from him since he had more than one. That one already has the "keys" in it so I'm good to go except for A F N, which died a couple of weeks ago. :(

Anyway, I'll be lurking, reading here and enjoying the hobby!! :mrgreen:

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Glad to hear that I am not the only "newbie" lurking around these posts! :D

I have a friend who helped me get started. His yard looks like a dish farm! He must have at least ten! Plus he does ham radio! He lives out in the country, so no neighbor issues. Older gent. Been there, done that, for the military. He gives me just enough information to get me started, but Not enough to just flat out tell me how to do things satellite related. Keeps me guessing as well as interested. :D
And that is why I am here on this forum. So much to learn and so little time!

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

I started some years ago with a Sonicview receiver. Top of the line. Had it about a month trying to get any signal. Then, Nagravision came along. Well, so much for that experience. Kept it for several years before I gave it away to someone who knows what it takes to make it work. Oh, well... :(

New day, New equipment! Plus, an available knowledge base with folks ready and willing to share!
I am ready to learn!
And I no longer am tied to the normal day to day life that a family demands since retirement kicked in. :D
Let's DO this! :D

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Could someone suggest a good, yet not too pricey, lnb suitable for a c band dish?

I would like to do some experimenting on a home made dish that I have constructed.

The fun continues! Still awaiting delivery of my v8. Probably the end of the month.

Thank you in advance! :D

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

AND, by the way, I am totally illiterate when it comes to the terminology used in this hobby.
Be nice and try to use "normal" (whatever that is!) words and descriptions! :D :oops:
Just call me "green". :D Just trying to understand.
Thank for your patience.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Hukmut wrote:Could someone suggest a good, yet not too pricey, lnb suitable for a c band dish?

I would like to do some experimenting on a home made dish that I have constructed.

The fun continues! Still awaiting delivery of my v8. Probably the end of the month.

Thank you in advance! :D

How much is your roof (budget)?
It can be from $20 to $1000 USD (which is what i just paid)

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Well, since this IS a "hobby", and retirement income is sparse, nearly anything that is low in cost is the

prerequisite. I guess that more bang for the buck is what I am looking for. :D

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

I just don't want to do something stupid and waste my money on something I can't use, or worse, some pos

because I just did not know any better. :?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Hukmut wrote:I just don't want to do something stupid and waste my money on something I can't use, or worse, some pos

because I just did not know any better. :?
take a look at this. I have not tried it but this brand hast a reputation of everything good. I have 3 LNS C and are great, the dish mover too ASC1

Code: Select all

https://www.ebay.com/p/C-band-LNBF-C1w-pll-Lite-Wideband-Phase-Lock-Loop/1134563117?iid=141465278659&chn=ps
for $22+ with shipping. I dont think you cant get it lower, plus they ship and deliver fast

Hukmut

Post by Hukmut »

Excellent! Thank you Marsat!

I will be getting it soon.

I will be installing it as soon as I can. Just as soon as that BUD is finished.

Thanks again! :D

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”