freesat v7 hd does not move disecq motor

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

pclaude

freesat v7 hd does not move disecq motor

Post by pclaude »

I am using a disecq motor with a freesat v7 hd, there is pop up that says " moving motor wait" but no matter how long i wait , the receiver never move the motor and the pop up windows keep appearing

Marsat

Re: freesat v7 hd does not move disecq motor

Post by Marsat »

pclaude wrote:I am using a disecq motor with a freesat v7 hd, there is pop up that says " moving motor wait" but no matter how long i wait , the receiver never move the motor and the pop up windows keep appearing
1) what kind of “motor” is it?
2) do you have a a dish mover?
You can get rid of that earring at setting on OSD. I think

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you set up the move positions you need to save the position in the "DiSEqC" menu on the V7.
When you do this some DiSEqC move boxes save this position as the position you have the dish at then.

To set up I move my dish and save each position into the mover box using the mover remote.
I then disconnect the mover box, or power it off while I save each position in the freesat V7.

Note some brands of DiSEqC mover will not use the commands from the Freesat unit with the saved positions in the mover box, while other brands do.
If this happens for you, you need to manually move the the dish with the mover box and then "Save" the position from the Freesat V7.

Once set up all works well.

Also if you need more than 63 positions there is a way of changing the user data file to have more than one hundred.
I have altered user's files for them for this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pclaude

Post by pclaude »

can you show me how to change the data file( i am using a digipower motor disecq H-H SG2100 motor)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It is quite tricky.
You need to set up all your sats and then change the HEX data using a Hex editor for each sat.
You do not need to do this if you have less than 63 positions, you can do that from the menus.

Have you got your mover to move yet?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My post on adding more than 63 positions is here.

Owen

pclaude

Post by pclaude »

i do not have mover box, i only use the motor to which the dish is attached and a coax attached to the receiver, i have used the same motor with other brand receiver that do move the motor, bu with freesat, I am having problems moving the dish

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

That sounds like a USALS mover.
These are powered from the LNB cable.
You need to set your mover setting in the Antenna menu to "USALS" and then click on that menu option to bring up the USALS menu.
In there you will see option for the color buttons, green for location.
You need to enter your Latitude and Longitude for USALS to work.
The box then calculates using the longitude for each sat in the sat list and you location to move the dish.

There is one more thing with Freesat units.
The LNB over current protection can trip in and reset any switches between your USALS and the V7.
I have found that I can only use USALS directly from the Freesat box, not through a switch.
I limit the over current a bit by placing a signal splitter or tone sat finder in the LNB cable at the Freesat box.

Owen

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

I have the same for 1.2m dish
I do not usals fiction although supported by both Freesat and SG 2100
I use diseqc 1.2

1) you need to reset the motor. There is a reset button close to the led light on the motor
2)once aimed the antenna with motor with at least one sat or close to one on the antenna settings menu change motor to from none to Diseqc q.2
3) click ok
4) it will open a new srcreen
5) assign a position to that day
6) save it
7) now try west with one click. Will I’ve one step. Then try east will love back
8) if you press the swivel button to the left (West)!twice or to the right (east) bthe antenna want stop until limit reached. The save button will change into STOP button

If those manual movements work. Everything should work perfectly

Like I said I have it for my 1.2m Ku for over a year now

pclaude

Post by pclaude »

do i have to set the sats, do a back up to thumb drive then modify the back up binwith hex editor?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

pclaude wrote:do i have to set the sats, do a back up to thumb drive then modify the back up binwith hex editor?
IF only IF you do not have MORE than 63 sat saved YOU do not need to

I dont and I get them all in North America. Why? because I do not not need them all. Plus in North America Ku Band is worthless most of it unless you have IKS service still

IF you need pictures step by step with my V7 Combo ATSC same software be glad to do it for you. PS I Have only 2 sats 77W and 67W saved

Let me know still Hot in MIami and doing new rewiring in patio

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

This is the settings I have for my V7 ATSC Combo the only difference is this deco has Terrestrial Connection (OTA - Over the Air)

Let's GO!

1) I told you to RESET the MOtor (Outside) Pardon me the spider web. I am rewiring everything!

Do it with the MOTOR in 0 POSITION!

2) Once done
Go to your Freesat V7

MENU ---> Satellite Installation. PRESS OK

3)That will open Satellite Installation Configuration Manu
My Example is on 77W Quetzsat 1 is Ku Circular Polarization I have a Diseqc 4x1

so we go to the bottom where it says MOTOR

4) Now you click the swivel buttons (here the OK button is to the left or right until Diseqc 1.2 Appears
Note: IF you DO NOT have a diseq does not matter just the settings on Diseqc 1,0 and 1,1 will be disable
Diseqc 1,2 is to "call" the motor

It is GOOD not to do EXIT button to SAVE this parameters...Then COME BACK to this part of the MENU, otherwise these setting will not be saved

5) Once we are at again

we press the OK Button, the screen will change to the MOTOR settings as follows

What we have here:

A) Satellite we are working with
B) All transponder dowloaded If you position the cursor here left to right or vice versa, underneath the Signal Strength and Quality will change according to that transponder. This example I did not connect the coax cable to antenna that is why is red
C) SAVE: is the number assign to the sat, where you wan to save that SAT for positioning from 1 to 63 like Owen told you with the keys to left or right
D) GO TO X : goes to another satellite position
E) SAVE you click here to SAVE all this setting for this satellite.
F) West and East
G) Recalculation

6) We jump to SAVE (under transponder)

You choose a number for that satellite Always write down the list in a piece of paper IF you SAVE diffrenet Satellite position into the SAME number the last is the VALID one

YOU ARE DONE!!!!

Adjustments

Instead of pressing the button outside where the motor , the WEST AND EAST Button can be used WEST <<--- OK ---->> EAST
This are to FINE tune

Each time you PRESS the key to the LEFT (next to the OK Button) ONLY ONCE the dish will move approximately 1/10 Degrees to the WEST the same to the EAST pressing to the right. SO 10 (ten click is 1 degree kore or less) so saying 20 clicks is 2 degrees where usually the sats are separated apart
I SAID ONLY ONCE and remove your finger
WHY? because if you KEEP pressing the motor will continue to move until yopu STOP IT or press the other button to the other direction. If you do not STOP it will stop until limit is reached either mechanical limit or Software limit

The GO TO X
The purpouse of this for me has two uses
- See what positions have been stored and which ones are empty
- Second use
As an example 30W used to be my lowest setting to the EAST and 127W is the maximum with this antenna tp the West.(I changed everything now)

So I know that 30W is Number 1
I also Know that 53W is position # 2

But I am watching 123W

MY friend called and told me "HEY I catch Ku Band on 45W some Feeds from Argentina from mobile trucks perfect HD blah blah blah"

SO I go to the setting and click on GO TO X

Then click OK

I choose # 2 close to 45W .....

and........

The end

Good Luck
MarSat

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Interesting.

I have one of these sort of movers and I have assumed it is a USALS only device.

Does this one of yours do USALS and DiSEqC mover functions?

Owen

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:Interesting.

I have one of these sort of movers and I have assumed it is a USALS only device.

Does this one of yours do USALS and DiSEqC mover functions?

Owen
Both
I do not like USALS. But some people do. I like to do it manually

pclaude

Post by pclaude »

thank you very much for your instruction, yes mine is USALS and does both
Last edited by pclaude on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

pclaude

Post by pclaude »

for some reason, i can never catch any satellite past 30w, now I can not even get 30w, i do not know why

pclaude

Post by pclaude »

this motor in the picture looks like the one i have

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

pclaude wrote:this motor in the picture looks like the one i have
It is the same

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

pclaude wrote:for some reason, i can never catch any satellite past 30w, now I can not even get 30w, i do not know why
where is the world are you located

30W is the easiest bu for us in Miami, Florida USA the inclination is aprox. 27 Degrees making The Dish almost in vertical position.
For that Sat I cannot do it with the bog Dish 2,4m (8 feet). It does and works BUT is a solid antenna and weights like a ton so been so heavy and low position the actuator "suffer" a lot. The 1,2 m is close to the wall. It does work BUT the signal is low, I added a 76cm antenna over the oof of the house

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I tested my mover and yes it does both and I think it moves a bit quicker on DiSEqC with position numbers..

I tested my V8 Nova on USALS and this DiSEqC motor function today.
I found it worked both.
This is the first Freesat unit I have had work USALS through a cascade switch network.
Well done Freesat.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”