Program Guide

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

djsenterprises

Program Guide

Post by djsenterprises »

Will there ever be an on board program guide for any of the Freesat receivers. :D :roll:

Marsat

Re: Program Guide

Post by Marsat »

djsenterprises wrote:Will there ever be an on board program guide for any of the Freesat receivers. :D :roll:
Sorry lost in tranlation :oops: :oops: :oops:

what do you mean ? --> on board program guide

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

djsenterprises wrote:Will there ever be an on board program guide for any of the Freesat receivers. :D :roll:
The freesat has a Program Guide and it works as long as the Satellite Provider is sending the info in the satellite stream, that's where the problem is most of the powervu providers don't send the info in the stream, if you can get A F N they send the info in the satellite stream, most of the others don't.
I hope that answers your question.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

it puzzled me the phrase "on board" possible lost on translation.

IQ is right the EPG function on ANY brand will work, unless the station upload it on the stream.

Hence!, 95% of the time will NOT work

Why?
Again the network MUST upload that (uplink) to the Sat, goes down (downlink) back to us the Freesat will decode it and we have the Guide

Is annoying HELL YES!. I am one user that depend 100% on that to record!

But is all about money!
and Why?
1) They networks must have employees to work on that = $$$
2) The uplink to Satellite is NOT FREE. What is free in this life anyway

BUT
at this moment I am talking to SES, to give you guys exactly how much it costs from SES

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maybe by "Board" EPG they are asking for is the EPG format that has all the channels vertically and the programs horizontal, like Freesat tried to set up for the V8 Golden, that failed due to time zone issues.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:Maybe by "Board" EPG they are asking for is the EPG format that has all the channels vertically and the programs horizontal, like Freesat tried to set up for the V8 Golden, that failed due to time zone issues.

Owen
never saw that on my life that a company offered that way of showing the other way the Guide

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”