help I'm new

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

crunk2

help I'm new

Post by crunk2 »

i'm new to most of this just got an 8ft dish was thinking of getting the freesat v7hd but was wondering how easy it is
to use and get up and running? I'm using a xxxxx now on ku band don't really like it whats your guys thoughts?

Akacheebe

Re: help I'm new

Post by Akacheebe »

Any new receiver has a "learning curve" and the V7 HD isn't any different as all of them have their quirks. Any problems you encounter have most likely been experienced by someone else and a solution probably can be found here on this board. If you search and don't find an answer, then one is likely just a post away!!

The bottom line is, with the cost of the V7HD being as low as it is, it's not like you're going to go broke buying one just to try out.

Good luck!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are some instructions on the download page / tools that may help you see how the V7HD is set up.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Larry

Post by Larry »

I have been playing with C Band satellite for over 25 years. The V7 is about as easy as any receiver to get FTA channels working if you know the basic things like pointing a dish and LNB LO frequency.

When you start trying to add keys for decoding the learning curve goes up. Expect to spend some time researching the web. It is not difficult but there is a lot to learn.

I think that the V7 is by far the best receiver for the money and it is much easier to setup than a receiver that uses OSCAM.

crunk2

Post by crunk2 »

Thanks Guys I believe my mind is made up i'm gonna give the v7 a try I've searched and searched for stuff for my xxxxx seems to be next to no support for it or very little I'm use to a xxxxxx but it's only dvbs and everything now is dvbs2 anyway again Thanks

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi
I have a xxxxx too,now I use it mostly on KU,but I learned all about power-view on it before I got the the freesat. Now I use a V7max on C band ...,the sat set up is about the same level of difficulty ,the power-view codes are a little easier to enter on the freesat v7 than the xxxxxx also V7/8 software/upgrades are easily found posted here ,sometimes it takes some searching to find fresh upgrades for the xxxxxxx ,
There is a learning curve with the freesat too, luckily detailed instructions can be found on this website for updating software and enter codes ,...it will however require a little reading /experimenting plus good old fashioned trial and error but the receiver does work good once its all set up correctly
I found the freesat also opened the sound up on some true fta channels that the xxx wouldn't .
The xxx is on a 3ft with a diseq mtr and the freesat i use a 6 ft spun aluminum with an old manual positioner
Both the xxx and the V7 have there own little set up quirks ,picture quality seems about the same on both but good considering price.
I do not use either for iptv or IKS .
I think the V7 and V8 are good ,....if you read the forums ,there seems to be more issues or difficulties with the other freesat models ,if you been at this for awhile you know that the technology is always changing ,its cat and mouse and how much longer these receivers will work is anyones guess but if you get a year or two its a pretty good bang for the buck and besides it will still work on true FTA
I been at it too for a long time and you have never got more bang for the buck,.....remember the price of a VC2 back in the old days or even just an 80 or 100 degree LNA was 4 or 5 hundred bucks

they are not perfect but work fairly decent for the money ,i am 100 percent happy with my V7 MAX

crunk2

Post by crunk2 »

alright now I got this dish up anybody know what a good c band lnb would be? Thanks again guys

CHI

Post by CHI »

crunk2 wrote:alright now I got this dish up anybody know what a good c band lnb would be? Thanks again guys
For Cband, unlike KU, there is no one-all-great lnb to poit some body to, as one type of lnb may perform better on this sat, and may embarass you on another sat.

So the best is to first know which sat you are going to point your dish to, the coverage of that satellite and which size of the dish is required. Once you are satisfied that the aimed sat is within your reach, you can easily google now, " the best Cband lnb for ...sat" that will give you enough info for you to decide.
Dont worry! despite being a bit challenging than the KUband, Cband dishes are the best.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

DMS makes a reasonably cheap LNBF that works OK for the money ,there is even a dual C/KU lnbf that is fair/works ok ,quite cheap, 30 bucks and i understand Titanium makes several very good C band lnbf units .they are claimed to be even better or the best bang for the buck right now .For simplicity don't go with a old style of feed with a motorized polar rotor ,they are fine and i used one for years but it just adds another layer of complexity that you don't need when starting out ,Buy a complete new LNBF so it is 100 percent compatible with a new receiver when you do a blind scan

you will get many opinions ,best google it as CHI commented.

if you live in a northern area dont get a cheap actuator because the winters are tough on them ,i use an older manual drive controller and arm and once in awhile it freezes up ,so choose a good bird for the coldest weeks in Jan or Feb

for initial set up i would try 91 W ......... classic arts is in the clear for peaking and aiming your dish ....tp approx 4077 V 3000 and to do other testing tp 3821 V 30000 if you are using a 6 or 8 ft dish in North America

once you get it working and understand how to enter everything you need to have entered correctly then move on to several other birds

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi crunk2

i see that they censored the type of receiver that you mentioned in your posting and they censored my comment to you,... so without mentioning in it in this post i will say i saw your post before it was xxxxx ed out and my comments to you were only that i have the same model too ,i believed my comments to be informational and certainly not an endorsement of another manufacturer ,in fact at the end of my post i even commented i am 100 percent satisfied with the V7 MAX ,sorry to the moderators but i thought i was only helping the guy out .

crunk2

Post by crunk2 »

yes Marantz I seen ..and moderator I too am sorry I wasn't trying to endorse any box either and now that I have read and understand more of the rules I will try and not do that kinda thing again.. and thank you all for all the help I just can't wait for my v7 hd to get here I'm sure I'll have more ? once it does Thanks again

Scratch2765

Post by Scratch2765 »

The biggest challenge is getting the pole in a good cement footing (level of course) and a good clear line of sight to the sats you want. As for blind scanning and use of the receiver, all pretty much do the same thing. the V7 HD or above all work very good and are easy to set up once you get a signal. There is always a lot of back and forth with the dish to find a signal. Look at TVROsat, satfinder apps on iPhone and android and get a good compass....then you know your in the general right direction. The angle/skew are also important (as they are with the KU side of things). If you are familiar with ku setup, C band is no different. Have fun and take a lot of patience with you.

quark

Post by quark »

I'm new here also. Have been a satellite enthusiast for some time now but I just received my V7 HD today. I have several other boxes and getting this one setup was a breeze. You won't be disappointed with your V7 HD. My only complaint so far is that the remote plays havoc with my Vizio TV. Anyone else have this problem?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Scratch2765 wrote:The biggest challenge is getting the pole in a good cement footing (level of course) and a good clear line of sight to the sats you want.
I have found that if I cement in a pole with just the square hole the spade makes the concrete will rotate in the ground in the wind.
To fix this I now weld a right angle metal bar, about 500mm long, to the post just below ground and cement that in to.
This adds leverage to the rotational force of the dish / pole.

If you do not have a welder, you could bolt a bar to the pole and cement all of it into the ground.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Jim

Post by Jim »

This might help in your installation http://www.satellitedish.com/cbandoc.htm

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

quark wrote:I'm new here also. Have been a satellite enthusiast for some time now but I just received my V7 HD today. I have several other boxes and getting this one setup was a breeze. You won't be disappointed with your V7 HD. My only complaint so far is that the remote plays havoc with my Vizio TV. Anyone else have this problem?
Ahhhhhhh another user like me with same issue!!!!!

Drive me NUTS!!!!
The #7 turn the TV on and Off right arrow mute it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

V8 line does not have the issue

Same with GTC and new remotes

quark

Post by quark »

Glad I'm not the only one with the remote problem. I had this same problem with another manufacturer who uses the same remote but with their name on it. It's really bad on my uhd tv that I use for a computer monitor. Even though it is turned off it turns it on and tries to load the network. I have to cover the sensors on the tv when I use this remote.

Glad to hear the V8 line doesn't have the problem. I ordered the V8 nova. ;)

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

quark wrote:Glad I'm not the only one with the remote problem. I had this same problem with another manufacturer who uses the same remote but with their name on it. It's really bad on my uhd tv that I use for a computer monitor. Even though it is turned off it turns it on and tries to load the network. I have to cover the sensors on the tv when I use this remote.

If it uses the new remote problem continues I do not have the nova

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marsat wrote:
quark wrote:Glad I'm not the only one with the remote problem. I had this same problem with another manufacturer who uses the same remote but with their name on it. It's really bad on my uhd tv that I use for a computer monitor. Even though it is turned off it turns it on and tries to load the network. I have to cover the sensors on the tv when I use this remote.

I had to move my V7 from a away from another receiver because it conflicted and turned on that receiver! Other then that I like my V7

quark

Post by quark »

Jim wrote:
Marsat wrote:

It looks like it has a new remote that's different than the V7. I'll let you know when it gets here.

I had to move my V7 from a away from another receiver because it conflicted and turned on that receiver! Other then that I like my V7
I can see that happening. I was wondering about that myself. Luckily I haven't had multiple receivers connected at the same time. Have enough frustration with the two TV's acting up.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

quark wrote:
Jim wrote:
Marsat wrote:

It looks like it has a new remote that's different than the V7. I'll let you know when it gets here.

I can see that happening. I was wondering about that myself. Luckily I haven't had multiple receivers connected at the same time. Have enough frustration with the two TV's acting up.
I replace my old 1080HD Samsung into Vizio ONLy because they have chromecast included and I got rid of Roku and can control it though google home. Never had issues until GTC model came home. Now I am testing for Freesat a new Decoder same issue and is different remote
No issues with V8 Super or V8 Golden remote
The only solution I put a piece of paper on top of the IR receiver at TV then I control it through the Bose Audio system

crunk2

Post by crunk2 »

well ok after me doing all that reading for the v7 hd and me thinking I was getting a v7 hd turns out seller listed it wrong
it's the v7s I got it today so I have a ? does it work the same as the v7 hd? will the files for the v7 hd work on it ? and right now I got my c band dish on 99.2 and I like the box so far

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes you can load the V7HD file on to the V7s.

For those of you with remote problems, The V8 remote will work the V7HD, just a few button missing.

Problem now is that after Freesat changed the Sat list to TP list button from"Recall" to "Sat" the recall button on the V8 will not do recall on the V7s and Plus.

The V8 remote with the extra buttons for programing for use on your TV was great.
Also the Fresat V8 remote with the TV buttons had a IR that transmitted in 180 degrees so you did not have to be so fussy about pointing it.

Owen

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:Yes you can load the V7HD file on to the V7s.

For those of you with remote problems, The V8 remote will work the V7HD, just a few button missing.

Problem now is that after Freesat changed the Sat list to TP list button from"Recall" to "Sat" the recall button on the V8 will not do recall on the V7s and Plus.

The V8 remote with the extra buttons for programing for use on your TV was great.
Also the Fresat V8 remote with the TV buttons had a IR that transmitted in 180 degrees so you did not have to be so fussy about pointing it.

Owen
yeap all true I noticed that by accident

crunk2

Post by crunk2 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Yes you can load the V7HD file on to the V7s.

Owen
Thanks

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”