V7 orV8 ?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marantz

V7 orV8 ?

Post by Marantz »

Hi

I am using a V7 max (it works fine ) and thinking of buying another receiver ,i see that the V8 and later models have more memory and processor power than the V7 models ,any comments as to which newer model is best with the least amount of issues/complaints and ease of data entry .
i thought that if there are any upcoming changes to the encryption systems that the units with better memory and processor might have an advantage or the software for these models would be upgraded first or fastest.

Not really worried too much about price differences ,just performance

To be used in North America on C or KU

Any comments or suggestions?

Jim

Re: V7 orV8 ?

Post by Jim »

Marantz wrote:Hi

I am using a V7 max (it works fine ) and thinking of buying another receiver ,i see that the V8 and later models have more memory and processor power than the V7 models ,any comments as to which newer model is best with the least amount of issues/complaints and ease of data entry .
i thought that if there are any upcoming changes to the encryption systems that the units with better memory and processor might have an advantage or the software for these models would be upgraded first or fastest.

Not really worried too much about price differences ,just performance

To be used in North America on C or KU

Any comments or suggestions?
Marantz does that V7 Max firmware you have include the Hashmode 10 on 99w?

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi Jim

I haven't changed the firmware yet because i usually never watched A F N and receiver has been performing great on the birds i watch like 91 W .

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marantz wrote:Hi Jim

I haven't changed the firmware yet because i usually never watched A F N and receiver has been performing great on the birds i watch like 91 W .
Ok thanks Marantz! Maybe someone will chime in here if firmware is available to receive for N. America!

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi Jim
My receiver (V7 Max ) is working great on the North American birds ,i don't have any issues ,i just wanted to get a second receiver to play around with and wondered what people thought of the newer versions of the GT/Freesat models .(V8 V9 and others)

Jim

Post by Jim »

My receiver (V7 Max ) is working great on the North American birds ,i don't have any issues ,i just wanted to get a second receiver to play around with and wondered what people thought of the newer versions of the GT/Freesat models .(V8 V9 and others)
I a new in the box V8 coming and I will let you know Marantz.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Thank you
please let me know how it works out for you

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

V7 HD Great to do only Sat Functions
V7 ATSC combo same as above with USA/Canadian Mexican terrestrial input (roof antenna)up to 6000 memory channels Upgraded memory processor faster that V7HD
V7 Max Also good up to 6000 memory channels Upgraded memory processor faster that V7HD
V8 Super up to 10,000 channels memory Also has Sat 2 IP if you want to stream sat in your house (***)
V8 Combo does not work in the USA the terrestrial part

(***) Best decoder so far with lesser issues

V9 Super I do not recommended many issues. No fixes for months. Sad because it was an great upgrade with Wifi included, and H265 not 4k but the image quality can be noticed

V8 Nova I have not tried it but. But I see daily complains

GTC was the gold star of the company. is a 4K receiver.
Fixes are on its way but it has been almost a years and still have issues.
The Keys have to be entered through file and they do not roll over, plus is a headache because they carry special format that takes a little time to adequate them.
The 4K Sat is awesome watching NASA live 4k on 127W or 10 channels on 101W as well 58W a test from HBO quality are better on 101 this HBO i dont know really when i tuned it it sucked
Also has terrestrial but does not work in the USA due they do not use ATSC, it uses another norm called ETSI EN 302 755 that everybody uses except us in North America
And because is Android base has also Google Play store that you can download apps like Kodi Netflix, youtube etc
Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Image is the best of all on the 3 formats 480, 1080 and 4K
Personally I do not use terrestrial due almost all the TV towers are over 60 miles away from my house. I get them but when rans it fades

Good luck
MarSat

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Thanks for your comments MarSat.

I may do some looking around on the V8 Super for price and availability before the snow flies .

Anyone else care to chime in? V7 or V8

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi
I looked on line and a lot are listed as V8 Super but after you scroll down and look at the product pictures they show V8 Nova ,black and orange coloured , are the V8 supers discontinued ?

Jim

Post by Jim »

I looked on line and a lot are listed as V8 Super but after you scroll down and look at the product pictures they show V8 Nova ,black and orange coloured , are the V8 supers discontinued ?
That's correct that they are the Nova. The V8 Super I have coming were the last two a guy on Ebay had that were the originals. A friend of mine from another forum bought the last two he had and is sending me one of them. If you keep looking you may find one that is the original. I will let you know if I come across one.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Yes Nova is newer model than v8 Super

as per tech. specifications 2 mayor upgrades compared with V8 Super
H.265 which should reflect better image. Remember h.265 does not means 4K and,
Wi-Fi included (inside the box)

However I still keep reading complains on Nova model as per V8 seems more stable

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

I guess i may sit tight for now until the complaints on the Nova slow down or i can find a V8 Super

Any one with a V8 Nova wish to comment ..please ......

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marantz wrote:I guess i may sit tight for now until the complaints on the Nova slow down or i can find a V8 Super

There looks to be a V8 Super original from a guy in Florida on Ebay

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Jim wrote:
Marantz wrote:I guess i may sit tight for now until the complaints on the Nova slow down or i can find a V8 Super

There looks to be a V8 Super original from a guy in Florida on Ebay
amazon has 2 sellers $3 less
if you have prime membership will be delivered within 2 days at no charge and comes with wifi USB Adapter too

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The latest software for the Nova will play .mkv files with 1920x1080 AND now 1916x1080.
The Golden still says "Unsupported Format" with the 1916x1080 files.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi Owen

I would only use the V8 nova for Sat reception and maybe try to stream it in the house ,i think if the V8 Nova preformed well with these features i would be satisfied ,i don't want to record or do streaming from the Internet.just plain old sat TV but i was hoping for something that had the bugs worked out,i am going to try and see about getting a V8 Super if i can , unless people believe the nova is OK and most of the complaints/problems are being resolved .

Thank you for any advice

Bilalahmadrather

Post by Bilalahmadrather »

V7 max 12688 tp not work in my box

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

please read carefully in MarSat comment then thinking, How can buy satellite box or android box for suitable and full valuable?
all satellite box model has some the difference best for usage.

If you need watch satellite TV or sometime play IPTV between V7 and V8, I suggest you select v8 better than v7.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi Guys

Any more comments ,should i try and locate a V8 super or have the bugs been cleared up on the newer V8 Nova

I don't want to do iptv , recording ,or anything on the net ,i have a very slow Internet connection ,only want plain old fashioned Sat tv on C and KU and in the future thinking of trying to stream on a home wireless router to view on a lap top or smart tv.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Marantz wrote:Hi Guys

Any more comments ,should i try and locate a V8 super or have the bugs been cleared up on the newer V8 Nova

I don't want to do iptv , recording ,or anything on the net ,i have a very slow Internet connection ,only want plain old fashioned Sat tv on C and KU and in the future thinking of trying to stream on a home wireless router to view on a lap top or smart tv.
you need Freesat v7 suitable for you.

this is information:
https://www.freesat.cc/c/freesat_0371

please you consider it yourself.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

I may want to stream the receiver around the house in the future and i think you need something in the V8 line

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Eak_Dumnern wrote:
Marantz wrote:Hi Guys

you need Freesat v7 suitable for you.

this is information:
https://www.freesat.cc/c/freesat_0371

please you consider it yourself.
Mmm
Sorry I don’t agree

V8 line is better

dude

Post by dude »

I use Nova for 101/107/125/131 have just a few minor issues but far better than the 7hd have issues on ctvs on 107

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

dude wrote:I use Nova for 101/107/125/131 have just a few minor issues but far better than the 7hd have issues on ctvs on 107
dude is because Nova is an upgrade of V7/V8 with h.265, it does make the difference doesn't matter it the transmission is on h.264. The quality contrast and brightness improves a lot. That I notices with the first decoder h.265 from the house the V9 Super

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”