Question about V7S HD

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

PlutoPlanet474

Question about V7S HD

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

I have a GTmedia V7S HD receiver. It seems to work well on scanning in channels and such, but it does NOT seem to do autoroll on Powervu channels on 101w. In fact it doesn't open any encrypted channels of any sort at all that I've seen, even if I stay on the channel for awhile.

Is there something I need to do to "activate" that function? I did just successfully upgrade the firmware to the: GTMedia_V7S_Europe.bin file, but it made no difference.

Also, is this receiver capable of running a V-box positioner for a c-band dish? I see there's a setting for that, but I was concerned it didn't work from some reading I did, and haven't tried it yet.

Thanks!

PlutoPlanet474

Re: Question about V7S HD

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

Maybe this receiver isn't capable of autoroll, and I need a different model? If so, please let me know.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Many powervu channels now are changing their hash modes so the STB's do not auto roll.
Other channels take 20-30 minutes f=to find the code,I think the payTV provider adds something that is needed to find the code only that often.

As for V box positioner, yes as far as I know.
I have tested the V7 Plus with DiSEqC and USALS on a ku mover, I see no reason that it would not do a V box.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

PlutoPlanet474

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Many powervu channels now are changing their hash modes so the STB's do not auto roll.
Other channels take 20-30 minutes f=to find the code,I think the payTV provider adds something that is needed to find the code only that often.

As for V box positioner, yes as far as I know.
I have tested the V7 Plus with DiSEqC and USALS on a ku mover, I see no reason that it would not do a V box.

Owen
Thanks! I got the NA softcam and loaded it, so I'm all set now. I also appreciate the info on the motor control.

wella

Post by wella »

quick question about the satellite search. Do i select basically all satellites and have it scanned completely and wait until its done or do i need to make changes so it receives the nort american channels?

thanks. again i am new, i just moved from europe to usa.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Rinkal

Post by Rinkal »

when will we get new firmware for this receiver with new hash mode??

arturoro1

Post by arturoro1 »

Hello. I bought a GT Media V7. It has the firmware GTMedia_V7S_V2.5.27.179.bin. I do not know if this is the new one or if I have to install a new one.
I downloaded the new ones that you have in your web page: FREESAT_V7_HD_20180720 and FREESAT_V7_HD_Arabic_20180720. I put both files in a USB that I format to Fat32 and put both files uncompressed there but the devise did not recognize these files.
I put them in different USBs but no one is recognized by the box. What I am doing bad? do I have to update the firmware? how can I get the Channel.

Also the only satellites list that are there, are just for Europe. I live in Canada. How can I get satellites like 110 or 101 in my list?
How can I set up the satellite in my box?

Please help me.
Arturo

PlutoPlanet474

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

arturoro1 wrote:Hello. I bought a GT Media V7. It has the firmware GTMedia_V7S_V2.5.27.179.bin. I do not know if this is the new one or if I have to install a new one.
I downloaded the new ones that you have in your web page: FREESAT_V7_HD_20180720 and FREESAT_V7_HD_Arabic_20180720. I put both files in a USB that I format to Fat32 and put both files uncompressed there but the devise did not recognize these files.
I put them in different USBs but no one is recognized by the box. What I am doing bad? do I have to update the firmware? how can I get the Channel.

Also the only satellites list that are there, are just for Europe. I live in Canada. How can I get satellites like 110 or 101 in my list?
How can I set up the satellite in my box?

Please help me.
Arturo
You need the EUROPE version of the firmware from the very top one HERE: https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6025 and you must unpack them first with 7Zip, or Winzip, or Winrar. Then just put the .bin file on the pendrive, and it should recognize it.

The Freesat V7 HD and V7S HD are NOT the same receiver!

Here is the post with the NA satellite list. Load the main firmware above first, then load this: https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1318

More info here: https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=120

and here: https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=142

and here: https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=118

arturoro1

Post by arturoro1 »

sorry, mine is GT Media V7S HD

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”