v8 Super newbie

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

waveguide

v8 Super newbie

Post by waveguide »

my v8 super is due to arrive in two days. i am new to this box but have years of sat experience. there are many posts here to work this box. can someone direct me to specific threads on what needs done to get it running in NA when it arrives? thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: v8 Super newbie

Post by Feralkiwi »

Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

thanks Owen that is exactly what I was searching for.

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

received my box and got it running. having small problems adding key to text file. reading instructions here and its helping alot. thank you for supporting this box!

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

i have another question. under "installation" - "search setting" there is LCN on or off.

what is LCN and will it hurt my equipment if i turn it on?

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

waveguide wrote:i have another question. under "installation" - "search setting" there is LCN on or off.

what is LCN and will it hurt my equipment if i turn it on?
i may have found the answer.

is LCN logical channel numbers?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Local channel numbers.
The number that your provider wants you to have, normally non logical and a pain.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

waveguide wrote:my v8 super is due to arrive in two days. i am new to this box but have years of sat experience. there are many posts here to work this box. can someone direct me to specific threads on what needs done to get it running in NA when it arrives? thank you
Hello guys! I just get my Freesat V8 Super,but I plug it via HDMI cable. I power the unit up, i see Load,boot,and after ---- . The tv said (Definition not take in charge,change definition of extern box. How i do that? I just have a black screen! Any idea? No remote response. Thks for help!
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

T95KPRO wrote:
waveguide wrote:my v8 super is due to arrive in two days. i am new to this box but have years of sat experience. there are many posts here to work this box. can someone direct me to specific threads on what needs done to get it running in NA when it arrives? thank you
Hello guys! I just get my Freesat V8 Super,but I plug it via HDMI cable. I power the unit up, i see Load,boot,and after ---- . The tv said (Definition not take in charge,change definition of extern box. How i do that? I just have a black screen! Any idea? No remote response. Thks for help!
Ok i found how to change.i was in pal mode. I push the green button on the remote. Picture come ! :)
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

Feralkiwi wrote:Local channel numbers.
The number that your provider wants you to have, normally non logical and a pain.

Owen
thank you owen!

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

WaveGuide, wich model of V8 Super you order? I order this one (Picture one) and I get this one instead(picture 2). Also I want to know if i need to update the sofware. I get V.4.6.121.662 on 22-03-18. Which info you have on the screen? And my other question,the seconde picture...this is a clone receiver? Alson i have trouble with the remote...the rigth arrow jam and move faster(don't stop) in the menu and is hard to selection a option. Thks for help and any comments! :)
Attachments
V8 Order Screen Info
V8 Order Screen Info
V8 Super INFO.jpg (112.69 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
My Order
My Order
Order-V8-Super-Full-HD-DVB-S2-1080P-TV-Box Pic1.jpg (13.2 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
I get this one
I get this one
received-satelite-freesat-v8-super Pic2.jpg (51.02 KiB) Viewed 4509 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If my memory is OK, I think the lower pic of the V8 Super is the model before they changed the logo to "Freesat"
It is a Freesat unit when the branded under "V8".
Here is a posting on that.

There was this posting on fake V7HD Freesat brands.

There is this posting on fake V8 Finders.

Owen

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

i am not at home to get the numbers but the boot logo is GT Media, not Freesat.

waveguide

Post by waveguide »

the software version is 03/05/2018 downloaded from here

http://freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

Feralkiwi wrote:If my memory is OK, I think the lower pic of the V8 Super is the model before they changed the logo to "Freesat"
It is a Freesat unit when the branded under "V8".
Here is a posting on that.

There was this posting on fake V7HD Freesat brands.

There is this posting on fake V8 Finders.

Owen
Ho! Thank you, I will take time to read about that...I e-mail the dealer too. I give you news soon! Thks for help and repply! :)

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

waveguide wrote:the software version is 03/05/2018 downloaded from here

http://freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10
Ok thks, i update the box with the new soft,and i save the old software before upload the new one. I really love the DUMP fonction on this receiver! ;)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”