V8 golden - channel search

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Piwo

V8 golden - channel search

Post by Piwo »

Hi all,

I have an V8 golden. No switch between receiver and dish.
The strange behavior is, on any satellite I select and start a Channel search I get nearly the same list of tv channels.
I've tried the UK channel list from board, but even with signal strength there was no picture.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 golden - channel search

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Have a look at this instruction I wrote.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Piwo

Post by Piwo »

Hi Owen,

I 've got a closer look at you documentation.

In my case I have the issue that not all known TP entries does not get an signal. On the same satellite.
By example 12012 V has a signal strength. 12090 V has no signal strength.

As mentioned I have a very simple dish configuration.
What I can't explain is why I'm have this strange behavior. Or is it normal or possible?

Any idea how to investigate?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The strange behavior is, on any satellite I select and start a Channel search I get nearly the same list of tv channels.
Your STB will only find the channels that are on the satellite that your dish is pointing at.
To view channels on other satellite you need a second dish or you need to point your current dish at another satellite.

One dish, One satellite, One set of channels only.

The list of other satellite in the STB are there so you can select the satellite your dish is tuned to.
Selecting different satellites form this list does not get you those channels.
In my case I have the issue that not all known TP entries does not get an signal. On the same satellite.
By example 12012 V has a signal strength. 12090 V has no signal strength.
Some TP's are received weaker than others and also some TP's are on focus beams from the satellite and can not be seen from your location.

Owen.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”