golden v8

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

@keenyboy15

golden v8

Post by @keenyboy15 »

i am new to this stb i purchased if for the A F N hope thats allowed. 4.8 i want to look at and vermin, so if there is a guide/walkthrough. so far i have don some searching. SETEDIT,V8_GOLDEN, im sure i have seen a newer image. thats about as far as the. so please if you can point me in the right direction not even turned it on yet.

voyager1972

Re: golden v8

Post by voyager1972 »

setedit is the channel editor.

the latst firmware here
viewtopic.php?t=9

as for A F N network on 9 east,,it has been down a few days now,,,,will it be back ,i dont know ,we will have to wait and see

on 4.8 east there is the discovery networks which is still clearing with powervu key

@keenyboy15

Post by @keenyboy15 »

thanks for that, ive been looking at it how do i put software on it ? is it usb or lan. and all so lifting the Softcam before putting the channel list on and another thing i cannot remember what you used to back up Softcam. what did you use for FTP. any chance of a walk through, or is there a guide on the forum.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

To update first save your user data from the menu USB Backup.
Save your softcam.key file from Conditional access / key edit (6666) /"Export"

Then USB Upgrade and select the software .bin you unpacked from the downloaded file.
If you use the "ALL code" option it does a factory reset as it upgrades, recommended.
If you select "Main Code only" it upgrades and leaves the user data in the unit.
Then "Import" your Softcam.key and USB Upgrade "User data" your user data.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

@keenyboy15

Post by @keenyboy15 »

thanks mate when you say data do you mean my peers as i have none, i think im going to be alright now. so it seems everything is done with usb and menu in the stb. which usb port do i use i have 1 at the side and 1 at the back of the unit,

@keenyboy15

Post by @keenyboy15 »

ive got it on been through the menu and got conditional access but usb upgrade is greyed out cannot click on this.

@keenyboy15

Post by @keenyboy15 »

well ive got the new software on but i think i messed up i press 6666 key edit i exported them as i thought, was going to import softcam key file, so i think i have, what channel list are you using because there was no channel list in my box.

@keenyboy15

Post by @keenyboy15 »

well ive just put my dish on 4.8 and animal planet is working so the key must have updated so did the softcam file go in or is there a new 1.
is there a motor channel list on the forum or is it the case just tuning them in its power vu and i dont know how to convert them.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Freesat boxes will auto roll most powervu channels, except MTN A F N and Sony. they changed Hash mode.
Auto roll means the unit finds the code it self.

As for setting up your channels there are some instruction here that may help.
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

@keenyboy15

Post by @keenyboy15 »

thanks ill have a look at the channel list, what do i do to get the other 3 you mentioned to work, again thanks so far.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

@keenyboy15 wrote:thanks ill have a look at the channel list, what do i do to get the other 3 you mentioned to work, again thanks so far.
Please what other three?

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”