IMPORTANT: Freesat v8 Nova BUG REPORT

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Androidum

IMPORTANT: Freesat v8 Nova BUG REPORT

Post by Androidum »

Hello!

I have the Freesat v8 Nova with the latest firmware 17/08/2018 and would like to report a few bugs and hope these are fixed quickly.
  • 1. For some encrypted channels, the receiver freezes. It then only helps to press the power button on the receiver.

2. Timeshift does not work on many HD channels. Yes, I know, the problem lies with the transmitter. But is there a solution (with a linux receiver its not a problem)?

3. Is there no channel editor for the receiver? Setedit always cuts off the station names (eg DAZN = AZN and so on). DB Editor does not work either (does not show anything when opening the file). This is not a bug but it is very difficult to make a channel list on the receiver.

4. The sound is very quiet compared to the TV. Really a big difference!

And now the mistake that bothers me the most: why is the image shifted? For example, the Pro7 sender logo is farther from the edge of the screen than the integrated TV receiver. You can also see that the info bar (if you press the OK button on a station) is not centered. Everything is shifted to the left. Why? I have already tried all sorts of settings. Nothing changes. Please fix!!
Thank you!
Last edited by Androidum on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: IMPORTANT: Freesat v8 Nova BUG REPORT

Post by Feralkiwi »

Androidum wrote:3. Is there no channel editor for the receiver? Setedit always cuts off the station names (eg DAZN = AZN and so on). DB Editor does not work either (does not show anything when opening the file). This is not a bug but it is very difficult to make a channel list on the receiver.
The DB Editor on this site works with the Nova.

The issue is that user data files "v8nova_db_sysdata.bin" from 20180719 and 20180625 and later will not load into the Editor.

Files from software 20180621 will load into the Editor.

A work around is to save your user data, downgrade to 20180621, reload your user data and then save it.
You can rename your file as you save it by clicking on the file name offered "v8nova_db_sysdata.bin" and changing it.
This file will then load into the Editor.

Thanks to user "letsrock" for alerting us to this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

OK thank you for the information. And what is with the other problems?

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

A few more details for the problem No. 5: Picture format on Sat Receiver is on AUTO. Resolution at 1080p. The TV is also the same settings. I also tried all the settings! Everything is alright with the integrated Sat Receiver of my Samsung TV. Even the Humax receiver has no problem.

So it's definitely a mistake from v8 Nova. Please make an fw update, thanks!

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Androidum wrote:
1. For some encrypted channels, the receiver freezes. It then only helps to press the power button on the receiver.
I could not replicate this issue. Usually is present when the dish is not correctly aligned.
Androidum wrote: 2. Timeshift does not work on many HD channels. Yes, I know, the problem lies with the transmitter. But is there a solution (with a linux receiver its not a problem)?
Have you re-formatted your flash drive FAT32 format? I have checked several networks and channels and is working fine for me
What I did not understand what transmitter are you referring to
Androidum wrote: 3. Is there no channel editor for the receiver? Setedit always cuts off the station names (eg DAZN = AZN and so on). DB Editor does not work either (does not show anything when opening the file). This is not a bug but it is very difficult to make a channel list on the receiver.
I owe you this. Editor is windows based. I run IOS
Androidum wrote: 4. The sound is very quiet compared to the TV. Really a big difference!
Don’t get either very quiet compared to the TV
No issues on sound found
Androidum wrote:
And now the mistake that bothers me the most: why is the image shifted? For example, the Pro7 sender logo is farther from the edge of the screen than the integrated TV receiver. You can also see that the info bar (if you press the OK button on a station) is not centered. Everything is shifted to the left. Why? I have already tried all sorts of settings. Nothing changes. Please fix!![/list]
What is Pro7? I checked and seems all is aligned
Maybe your TV settings like Aspect Ratio is off

Please advise so I can get same issues to replicate

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

The problem is not the USB formatting. It works with other channels as well. You need to know that many HD channels stop Timeshift and Recording!? For Linux receivers there is therefore an extra software/plugin. I can pause but when I press play nothing happens. With the sd channels no problems.

Pro7 is a German TV station. But that is not the point. That's only an example! The picture is not centered. You can also see this on the info menu when you press the OK button on a station or other menu... Nothing centered.

But if all the problems lie with me, then why does everything work normally with my Humax...? Then I have to send the receiver back.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Androidum wrote:The problem is not the USB formatting.
It was just an idea
Androidum wrote:. You need to know that many HD channels stop Timeshift and Recording!?
NO I don't know. No need to know. My decoder has no issues, I have check ON NHK, syFy, Universal, TNT and Space Channels all HD, all works great
Androidum wrote: For Linux receivers there is therefore an extra software/plugin. I can pause but when I press play nothing happens. With the sd channels no problems.
Well this is not.
Androidum wrote: Pro7 is a German TV station. But that is not the point. That's only an example! The picture is not centered. You can also see this on the info menu when you press the OK button on a station or other menu... Nothing centered.
It seems is only Affect you. I haven seen this issue either

Have you tried going back to original firmware or do a flash (backing up first) to this latest firmware? Maybe forcing again the software will fix the issue

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

Believe me, I really tried everything. The picture was also not centered with the standard firmware. Have just even reset my TV... Same problem!

Timeshift works in SD. Not in HD. Why? I've tried different usb sticks, fat32 and and and ... always the same. If the problem is not from the transmitter, then what?

So if you do not know the problems then the box is broken and I have to complain?

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

By the way, there are exactly 1.5 cm offset (see picture). And it's not a TV problem, believe me. My Humax shows everything correctly, no offset.
Bild_vom_15._Okt._2018.jpg
Bild_vom_15._Okt._2018.jpg (293.69 KiB) Viewed 6829 times

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Androidum wrote:By the way, there are exactly 1.5 cm offset (see picture). And it's not a TV problem, believe me. My Humax shows everything correctly, no offset.
how many inches is that TV?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

I have a 75 inches 4K Vizio TV, it may be off But does not affect anything else...I think

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

My TV is a samsung, 40 inch full hd. But I have no problems with other receivers or devices (PS4, PC, Android Box ect.)...

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Androidum wrote:My TV is a samsung, 40 inch full hd. But I have no problems with other receivers or devices (PS4, PC, Android Box ect.)...
ok Androidum, you drove me NUTS with this issue. I stopped everything while uploading some scripts to new server that will take couple of hours
I AGAIN tuned 58W and press the OK Button on the 70" inches Vizio. The 3 column channel list shows up
Measured like you showed and....

To the right of the screen is a 3" (inches) gap
To the left of the screen is a 2,5" (inches gap

So indeed I can replicate this issue in my case is 1,27cm not 1.5cm, barely noticeable on my screen

As per cutting image or logos I could not find any channel that really bother me this situation. It MAY BE possible there is one or some but I have not found them

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

OK, thank you, I'm relieved. :lol: Will that be fixed with an fw update?

And the problem with the record/timeshift and HD? It can not believe that only I have this problem? But attention: It only affects the encrypted HD channels!! All SD channels and free HD channels work fine.

EDIT// I suppose that's the problem (NOTE - TRANSLATING WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATOR FROM DE > EN):
The advertising-financed private stations, which can be found, for example, on the HD+ platform of ASTRA or even some cable network operators, reserve the right to intervene in the functions of the hard disk recorder during recording and archiving by means of suitable control signals. To prevent skipping the blocks, currently the fast forward and the skip function (Skip) are blocked - not only in the ad block itself, but in the entire playback of a program. For devices with CI interface, which have been "retrofitted" for HD+ reception, the hard disk recording is basically suppressed.
But even if that's the problem (which I'm assuming), there has to be a solution. As I said, it works with a Dreambox or another Linux receiver.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Androidum wrote:OK, thank you, I'm relieved. :lol: Will that be fixed with an fw update?

And the problem with the record/timeshift and HD? It can not believe that only I have this problem? But attention: It only affects the encrypted HD channels!! All SD channels and free HD channels work fine.

EDIT// I suppose that's the problem (NOTE - TRANSLATING WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATOR FROM DE > EN):
The advertising-financed private stations, which can be found, for example, on the HD+ platform of ASTRA or even some cable network operators, reserve the right to intervene in the functions of the hard disk recorder during recording and archiving by means of suitable control signals. To prevent skipping the blocks, currently the fast forward and the skip function (Skip) are blocked - not only in the ad block itself, but in the entire playback of a program. For devices with CI interface, which have been "retrofitted" for HD+ reception, the hard disk recording is basically suppressed.
But even if that's the problem (which I'm assuming), there has to be a solution. As I said, it works with a Dreambox or another Linux receiver.
It seems that GT (not GTMedia) as Google Translate works very good. I do and I did understood perfectly. Just the fact some of your issues I am not able to replicate

Those Channels I mentioned are on 58W Intelsat 21 and are PowerVu 1080. When the Family room TV is available to me I will able to test more channels and satellites (from where I can move the C band dish).

The NON skip option is a long debate and lawsuit here in the US back early 2000 to a company called replayTV

At the moment y legal paid Satellite company has an option that I skip recording for 30 seconds at a time and of course Fast Forwarding. It puzzle me that those channels you have issue it mess with your GTmedia/Freesat decoder... weird but possible

for that I Invite you to use another satellite and channels to try and report

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

OK, it's another mistake. I just tried to record a TV program. It works!! No matter if HD is encrypted or not. But if I press the pause button in an encrypted HD program and then play (ie timeshift), nothing happens. Nothing. Only the information bar where you can even see that the tv program recorded, but with the play button it does not continue. Normal recording with the Rec button works.

And also with non-encrypted HD channels and SD channels Play/Pause works normally. Very strange...

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

Hello!

Is there any news on the topic? I could still send the receiver back, ordered at Amazon. The problem with the timeshift bothers me the most...

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

And another bug...

The receiver does not always connect automatically with my wifi. Sometimes I have to connect the receiver manually with my wifi. People it's no fun anymore!! Please an update.

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

WOW, so here's the next bug!! Now I have just made a firmware update and imported my program list and after import my favorites have the standard names... I have personalized 8 favorites and now I must enter the names again with this stupid remote control... very nice...

On Monday I send the receiver back.

machteck

Post by machteck »

Androidum wrote:WOW, so here's the next bug!! Now I have just made a firmware update and imported my program list and after import my favorites have the standard names... I have personalized 8 favorites and now I must enter the names again with this stupid remote control... very nice...

On Monday I send the receiver back.
You are lucky ! you did not buy a V9 super :evil:
Larry

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

Haha :D

Fortunately I ordered on Amazon and can send back until November 3rd. Whether v7, v8 or v9, it's all the same Banned Word. Now i buy an Enigma2 receiver (Vu+, Formuler, Edison, Dreambox...).

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

Is there anything new about this topic? I will give the receiver away and not send it back. But I would like to know if there is still a firmware update or not? I have paid and have a right to a working device. Somehow this forum seems very dead to me. Is the manufacturer still available?

Post by 840 »

Looks Like they took the Money and run.

Androidum

Post by Androidum »

840 wrote:Looks Like they took the Money and run.
Really? Is no guy here and updating the software? And i wasted all my time???

chector

Post by chector »

As I posted in another topic, the V8 NOVA doesn't record all audio track from a scrambled channel since 21/06/2018 update. I downgraded my STB to 10/05/2018 version and doesn't has that bug, so, there is something since 21/06/2018 updates that broke that functionality.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”