V8 Golden and V8Super new firmware updates to enjoy

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Lining
网站管理员

V8 Golden and V8Super new firmware updates to enjoy

Post by Lining »

Hi all, sorry, the current software is still modified this month firmware update, new firmware, thank you!
44.jpg
44.jpg (4.35 MiB) Viewed 13226 times
555.jpg
555.jpg (3.46 MiB) Viewed 13226 times
1) Thailand epg show error.
thanks our friend help to send ts file for us testing whose nick name is zcache in freesat forum.
2) add option for new epg style
main menu / System / Other Setting /EPG UI style
Style 1 : the old ui
Style 2 : the new ui
3) Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
4) Add Macedonia UI
--- but now those string are from Google translated.we are waiting Vlatko Postolov to translat them. he need some days to finish it.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

ikrzysiek

Re: V8 Golden and V8Super new firmware updates to enjoy

Post by ikrzysiek »

I would want to help translating Polish UI strings (right now they all come from google translate I think). It wouldn't be a big problem and I could do it in few hours (maybe you could use it in this update aswell).

zcache

Post by zcache »

Hi,
Thank Freesat, for your working hard. I would like to remind that other one point problem for V8 Golden about CA card reader, as I ever posted in few month ago, it often unknown card message. Could you please recheck this point before release?

Hope this box be the best sat-box... cheer
V8 Golden /Tested with v.643 20/12/17 properly recognized my irdeto CA card. :D

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

I would like to say " Thank you very much" same as Thai people for your working hard to develop software and so active many request from our member in this board. Although the last firmware is release a longtime we are understand you to test and trial for the best of your products.

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

What I see is new UI of EPG. But UI is not so important as bug fixes (EPG also is full of bugs in older versions). What happens with bugs found in previous versions of firmware? Are they fixed? What happens with freezing?
Nothing is written about serious problems!

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

mrslv wrote:What I see is new UI of EPG. But UI is not so important as bug fixes (EPG also is full of bugs in older versions). What happens with bugs found in previous versions of firmware? Are they fixed? What happens with freezing?
Nothing is written about serious problems!
Hello, the old version of EPG which BUG, you can put it?

elvic

Post by elvic »

Thanks, and, talking in the context of epg...how load xml epg?

elvic

Post by elvic »

Ohh and where is the file? I didn't find in download center section

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

12-08-2016
"I've got problems with EPG. On many channels EPG data that is shown is for another channel. Also almost every time while changing channels up/down "no content" is showing instead of EPG Data. Like in picture in first post...."

08-10-2016
"After I have updated my firmware with the one from 30-09-2016 on my V8 Golden, STB freezes few times. It stays with still picture and remote control is not working. After powering OFF and ON, STB starts working again... Before, this never happens."

15-10-2016
"I have problem with freezing also. But I don't have WiFi connection. I use cable. May be the freezing is related with LAN. The problem is that freesat does not give us any idea or new firmware! Long time ago I sent to freesat message about another problem. They ask me to send a stream. I send it but guess what... nobody download that file for few months and I delete it. The problem was with EPG (mismatched channels and lack of cash) and problem is still existing. I want to by two more STB devices. If somebody knows any STB that is stable and reliable, please tell me."

20-10-2016
"Generally, I've got 1 major problem with v8 golden since I bought the device - 7-8 months ago. The problem is with EPG. Obviously cache is very small and only partial info is stored. This needs EPG to be extracted every time and takes a lot of time. Also EPG of many channels is mismatched. I wrote a..."

Before opening of this forum I wrote few e-mails to you - effect was ZERO

shenzhou11

Post by shenzhou11 »

I think you have bought a faulty set since only you got some many problems, it did happened you know. Easy way is to send it back to where you bought it for a warranty claim. But if the warranty seal is broken, bye-bye just throw it outside.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

elvic wrote:Thanks, and, talking in the context of epg...how load xml epg?
Sorry, the current XML EPG only supports SKY UK

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

elvic wrote:Ohh and where is the file? I didn't find in download center section
Sorry, the software is still under revision, not yet released!

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

Generally I have 2 problems (if you read carefully).
1. Problem with freezing (last 2 or 3 firmwares, I dont remember - you can find my posts in forum with short investigation)- MANY customers has same problem - NOT ONLY ME. Just look at forum. Now I use ver 3.31 and I dont have problem with freezing!
2. EPG problems - It is not hardware issue!!! Probably language (I am in Bulgaria and I use Cyrillic ), probably something else...
EPG info is mismatched very often - this is not HW problem. Lack of cache and slow refresh is also not HW problem...

Never mind I'll wait new firmware and if bugs are not fixed... I am going to buy new STB by other manufacturer...

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

shenzhou11 wrote:I think you have bought a faulty set since only you got some many problems, it did happened you know. Easy way is to send it back to where you bought it for a warranty claim. But if the warranty seal is broken, bye-bye just throw it outside.
1. Problem with freezing (last 2 or 3 firmwares, I dont remember - you can find my posts in forum with short investigation)- MANY customers has same problem - NOT ONLY ME. Just look at forum. Now I use ver 3.31 and I dont have problem with freezing!
2. EPG problems - It is not hardware issue!!! Probably language (I am in Bulgaria and I use Cyrillic ), probably something else...
EPG info is mismatched very often - this is not HW problem. Lack of cache and slow refresh is also not HW problem...

Never mind I'll wait new firmware and if bugs are not fixed... I am going to buy new STB by other manufacturer...

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

mrslv wrote:
shenzhou11 wrote:I think you have bought a faulty set since only you got some many problems, it did happened you know. Easy way is to send it back to where you bought it for a warranty claim. But if the warranty seal is broken, bye-bye just throw it outside.

What I think is that finally, your suggestion for throwing it outside is the most expected :(

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Thank you, to provide these problems, we will try to solve!

1.EPG display problem, can you provide the program you record TS stream, to us to verify?

2. Program stuck play problem, you can not record the program to watch the TS stream, to us to verify?

How to Record TS file

http://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=110

If we do not have a timely reply, please email us, thank you!

stargate199

Post by stargate199 »

Hi Lining,

Please help me solve problem of V8 Pro, I've reported the problem of no EMM update to Irdeto2 smartcard in this topic.
http://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=160

Thank you.

register.me93

Post by register.me93 »

zcache wrote:Hi,
Thank Freesat, for your working hard. I would like to remind that other one point problem for V8 Golden about CA card reader, as I ever posted in few month ago, it often unknown card message. Could you please recheck this point before release?

Hope this box be the best sat-box... cheer

Hello,

I would also like to share my interest on this concern, I have several legitimate cards but none of them worked on my golden V8, it always say "Unknown Card". The cards I have are active prepaid cards with Irdetto, Nagra3 and videoguard encryption.
I am hoping to use golden V8 for these cards for legit subscription, but if V8 will not work with the card, I hope our hardworking Freesat team can take into consideration of adding keys for these 3 CA encryptions in their next software update. Thank you in advaced.

vergud

Post by vergud »

how are TANDBERG latest version?
how are support AVS +?
v8 inferior to v7? whereas the price is more expensive v8
hahahahahaha
The sad freesat
25/11/2016 new Firmwere absolutely no meaning for the user, only the concern of view
bahahahaha

utdman

Post by utdman »

nothing to enjoy if the new release does not include the tanberg v2 keys.

unhappy customer

:(

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

I'll wait few days before upgrade. I am with very old version, but stable. If Vlad :) says that this version is stable I'll upgrade... I am afraid that in description, nothing is written about bugs fixes.

toomanyreceivers

Post by toomanyreceivers »

mrslv wrote: I am afraid that in description, nothing is written about bugs fixes.
Sadly I must agree here, I have not seen anything about bug fixes.
I'll pass on this one at this time also till I hear more about bug fixes.

rettroo

Post by rettroo »

same sxxxx like befor....

for example: i go to chanel 320 (its a irdeto encryptet Chanel) the Irdeto card is inside the cam, "Irdeto Card identified" is written.
But the LCD-Display shows after a few seconds: ---- and nothing happens. no chance to change the chanel, no reatcion at all. I have to hit the I/O so the V8 restarts....

toomanyreceivers

Post by toomanyreceivers »

Seems like engineers have too many different receivers to write software for and have way too many requests for more features and they forget to fix what is already wrong with receivers.

I don't see much life left for the Freesat brand receivers if they continue doing this same thing again and again.
I know some have already become disillusioned when they were so late in coming out with software upgrade this time and now the news of the upgrade is not looking good.
Very sad indeed. :cry:

diocan

Post by diocan »

in the long wait, there may be special
but in reality, nothing , nothing and nothing
it may be time to leave the product of freesat.
very disappointing !!!!!!!

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”