I'm yet to decide on Freesat best hevc,H.265

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

CHI

I'm yet to decide on Freesat best hevc,H.265

Post by CHI »

I have read people experience on "The best Freesat receiver " but couldn't get to decide what to buy.
My current box is v8 Golden and honestly Im in love with this box. If it wasn't for Channels with hevc, I wouldn't think of buying another, at least not now.
So what should I go with and why?.
Thank you in advance.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: I'm yet to decide on Freesat best hevc,H.265

Post by Feralkiwi »

If your like for the Golden needs the DVB-T section then the only new box with H.265 AND DVB-t is the V7 Plus.
The channel menu is a single collum, showing ten channels at a time and you need to use the FAV button to change between Fav lists.
I prefer the golden on\ver the V7 unnits because of this.

If you are not in need of the DVB-T section then the golden is the same as the V8 Super and the replacement for that is the V8 Nona.
The Orange Nova has a SCART plug and the Blue Nova has AV plugs.

I also like my Golden and moved back to it yesterday from the Plus as the Plus has no new software yet for Sony /A F N channels, not that they will last more than a few days as usual.

There is a newer yet Nova model (Purple), that I have not seen yet.
I have not seen a rep[lacement for the Golden with DVB-T and H.265 yet.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

CHI

Post by CHI »

Feralkiwi wrote:If your like for the Golden needs the DVB-T section then the only new box with H.265 AND DVB-t is the V7 Plus.
The channel menu is a single collum, showing ten channels at a time and you need to use the FAV button to change between Fav lists.

If you are not in need of the DVB-T section then the golden is the same as the V8 Super and the replacement for that is the V8 Nona.

I also like my Golden and moved back to it yesterday from the Plus as the Plus has no new software yet for Sony /A F N channels, not that they will last more than a few days as usual.

Owen
Thank you Ferakiwi. My liking of v8 golden is everything about it. The look, menu, stability, etc.

DVB-T is not the condition as I don't use it at all.
So my option is v8 Nova. May be one question, does V8nova currently open A F N?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I will check soon and report back to you.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

Feralkiwi wrote:If your like for the Golden needs the DVB-T section then the only new box with H.265 AND DVB-t is the V7 Plus.

Owen
Also the V7 plus have only QPSK & 8PSK demodulation...He look Great,but this is a miss for me.
Attachments
GTMEDIA V7 PLUS SPEC.zip
Specs for this Unit
(167.68 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
GTMedia V7 Plus.
GTMedia V7 Plus.
GTMEDIA V7 PLUS PICS.jpg (77.32 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Hi,

I like the V8S.
It is easy to use with excellent reception sensitivity.
GTMedia's support is also good.
However, it does not correspond to HEVC.
In addition, the V8 series has been discontinued in the Asian region.
V8 NOVA has not solved a number of problems.
I think that it is only V7 Plus that becomes the substitute for V8S.
Although it is not described in the catalog specifications, it can also receive 16APSK and 32APSK.
This has already been reported to GTMedia.

We are expecting future growth of V7Plus.

zzq12345

Post by zzq12345 »

Owen
what is the user password website for oscam?

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”