Nova update

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

1deerehunter

Nova update

Post by 1deerehunter »

Works great...blind scan faster and best thing it seems to hold the signal better less fluctuation of signal quality...thanks

edvingeorge

Re: Nova update

Post by edvingeorge »

1deerehunter wrote:Works great...blind scan faster and best thing it seems to hold the signal better less fluctuation of signal quality...thanks
Did you feel noticeable change than before?

ultreia

Post by ultreia »

I get the same hangs like before. Using CCCAM hangs the deco some times.

Prince

Post by Prince »

I am not able to update it always file isn't match with this box

goldman

Post by goldman »

Prince wrote:I am not able to update it always file isn't match with this box
are you downloading the right file for the nova?,there is a Orange, blue, and honor.

FCV2T

Post by FCV2T »

Donde puedo descargar el último firmware para un nova V8 GT media 265. Lo acabo de comprar y no sé cómo actualizarlo. Gracias

camunz

Re: help Nova update Danish language

Post by camunz »

Can I in any way add Danish language to my new V8 Nova orange box, or can I use my software for the old V8 Super instead. I have done translate before at old openbox S9 / 10 and also at the V8 Super, but I for sure need a tool or some help to do it with this V8 Nova box.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: help Nova update Danish language

Post by Feralkiwi »

camunz wrote:Can I in any way add Danish language to my new V8 Nova orange box, or can I use my software for the old V8 Super instead. I have done translate before at old openbox S9 / 10 and also at the V8 Super, but I for sure need a tool or some help to do it with this V8 Nova box.
Other users have worked with Freesat to add their language.

Contact them by email as listed on Freesat's www.freesat.cc web site.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Prince

Post by Prince »

After the last update my v8 nova orange sleeps I tried to force update but all in vain what to do plz help

Prince

Post by Prince »

goldman wrote:
are you downloading the right file for the nova?,there is a Orange, blue, and honor.
Yes sir now it updates but goes in sleep mode

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Prince wrote:
goldman wrote:
How do you know it's in sleep mode?????, I am thinking you are stuck in PAL mode, it needs to be in NTSC mode for your TV, I don't have this receiver so I don't know how to help you change it to NTSC, other members mite be able to help you with that.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Prince wrote:
goldman wrote:
If by "Sleep Mode" you mean that it boots and then go into standby so you need to press power on the remote to start, then there is an option in the other menu that allow you to set it to enter "Aplication" mode on power on.

If you mean the unit is power on and the display shows a channel number then as iq180 says you may be in PAL tv mode, which is the default after update.
There is this green button function.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
If by "Sleep mode" you mean the unit is totally unresponsive then there is the flash.bin recovery.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

As you said that your unit reported " file isn't match with this box" check that you are using the correct software that matches your unit, Orange for Orange, blue for blue etc. Each Freesat unit has its own software,

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Medal22

Post by Medal22 »

Please can someone help me I just bought V8 nova from GTmedia company but i put the CCCam codes it showed connected but can't load any channels also the Iptv Xtreams codes not working after puting url portal username and passwords

clydde

Post by clydde »

FCV2T wrote:Donde puedo descargar el último firmware para un nova V8 GT media 265. Lo acabo de comprar y no sé cómo actualizarlo. Gracias
Aquí están los Firmwares, atento a que pongas el que corresponde, del v8 nova hay varios modelos Orange, Blue etc
viewforum.php?f=40&sid=2bf7c09b9d81e4d3fe3e4d88f9b5e2e5

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”