Freesat V8 Golden Firmware 2018.11.19

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mikelsat

Freesat V8 Golden Firmware 2018.11.19

Post by mikelsat »

I've tried the latest firmware with my V8 Golden, and again more reboots when changing channels, for some reason it's mainly the adult channels on 19e and 13e, reboots almost every time I change between these channels, I've also tried loading it by maincode but it's still the same. So I've gone back yet again to the 14/08/2018 firmware and no more reboots. I've got a genuine box straight from the manufacturer, (about 18 months ago), same CCam line, same internet provider, this all started with with the hashmode updates for the A F N channels, before these hasmode firmware updates there were never any reboots.
Last edited by mikelsat on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Freesat V8 Golden Firmware 2018.11.19

Post by cpr43 »

Post is intended for the V8 Golden. Open or create your own post. By the way , latest file for the V8 super is 20181119

josyp

Post by josyp »

Ok I know that, but problem is the same constant rebooting

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that A F N worked with the older firmware (it doesn't), but using it is better than the box rebooting all the time, maybe if enough people complain about this it'll get fixed in the next firmware update.
Last edited by mikelsat on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

josyp

Post by josyp »

It's my fault, I was post here about my V8 Super and this post was deleted...but it does not matter.

I just wondered how you did this with old firmware because I try on my box and it did not work.

Are you loading FW by allcode or maincode or ....

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

josyp wrote:It's my fault, I was post here about my V8 Super and this post was deleted...but it does not matter.

I just wondered how you did this with old firmware because I try on my box and it did not work.

Are you loading FW by allcode or maincode or ....
A F N doesn't work with the older firmware.

josyp

Post by josyp »

OK, it seems I have misunderstood it all but now I get it, tnx!

Burgazko

Post by Burgazko »

mikelsat wrote:I've tried the latest firmware with my V8 Golden, and again more reboots when changing channels, for some reason it's mainly the adult channels on 19e and 13e, reboots almost every time I change between these channels, I've also tried loading it by maincode but it's still the same. So I've gone back yet again to the 14/08/2018 firmware and no more reboots. I've got a genuine box straight from the manufacturer, (about 18 months ago), same CCam line, same internet provider, this all started with with the hashmode updates for the A F N channels, before these hasmode firmware updates there were never any reboots.
I have exactly the same problem with V8 Super.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Burgazko wrote:
mikelsat wrote:I've tried the latest firmware with my V8 Golden, and again more reboots when changing channels, for some reason it's mainly the adult channels on 19e and 13e, reboots almost every time I change between these channels, I've also tried loading it by maincode but it's still the same. So I've gone back yet again to the 14/08/2018 firmware and no more reboots. I've got a genuine box straight from the manufacturer, (about 18 months ago), same CCam line, same internet provider, this all started with with the hashmode updates for the A F N channels, before these hasmode firmware updates there were never any reboots.
Have you both tried using a different internet connection?
Maybe set up your smart phone as a wifi hot spot and try that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

tvboxkubagus

Post by tvboxkubagus »

My box running oke...but some channel can't open...

Burgazko

Post by Burgazko »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Burgazko wrote:
Have you both tried using a different internet connection?
Maybe set up your smart phone as a wifi hot spot and try that.

Owen
Actually i am already using my smart phone as a wifi hotspot. And this is the only way that i can connect internet. I didn't try a different internet connection device. But i tried different internet provider by phone. The result is same.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Burgazko wrote: Actually i am already using my smart phone as a wifi hotspot. And this is the only way that i can connect internet. I didn't try a different internet connection device. But i tried different internet provider by phone. The result is same.
I asked as many ISP's now block set top boxes, like Fritzbox does.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”