CCCam line stops decoding allthough status and internet is OK

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

jurekh

CCCam line stops decoding allthough status and internet is OK

Post by jurekh »

I have V8 Golden box which has worked perfectly for nearly 2 years, I use a CCCam line and a server. Now, since around a month, after some variable time (20-60 minutes of OK watching) I get "Encrypted Program" on the screen. Checking settings shows: Server status is "Ecm ready" and Internet is connected OK. The only way to decode the program is by doing a reboot/restart of the box. What could be a problem?

vulpelcula

Re: CCCam line stops decoding allthough status and internet is OK

Post by vulpelcula »

Actualiza a la ultima version del firmware y se soluciona

jurekh

Post by jurekh »

Could you explain please why the latest firmware would fix it? It worked before with the current firmware! What has changed?

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

jurekh wrote:I have V8 Golden box which has worked perfectly for nearly 2 years, I use a CCCam line and a server. Now, since around a month, after some variable time (20-60 minutes of OK watching) I get "Encrypted Program" on the screen. Checking settings shows: Server status is "Ecm ready" and Internet is connected OK. The only way to decode the program is by doing a reboot/restart of the box. What could be a problem?
If you read the forum there are plenty of posts about this, basically Freesat have done something to combat clone boxes, whatever they have done it's affecting genuine boxes using older firmware, like you my V8 Golden disconnects from the ccam line and powervu channels every hour, this doesn't happen with the latest firmware, but the new firmware is causing many reboots when changing between certain channels, (mainly adult channels on 19e & 13e), so for now I'm using the older firmware and hoping they bring out new firmware to fix the rebooting issue, if not I'll be looking for another Sat receiver.
If you try the latest firmware make sure you save your channel list and softcam file first.
Last edited by mikelsat on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bernd 2

Post by Bernd 2 »

Hello,
I have the problem recently.
Have the new software already recorded, still the problem.
Receiver is a V8 - Super Box

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”