Unpacking new V8 Nova

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

droidsat

Unpacking new V8 Nova

Post by droidsat »

I have been reading this forum for a while, before I ordered my Nova Orange and quite a bit since to make sure I would have it up and running quickly.

Unfortunately, the manual posted here is unreadable, so that was not any help. The V8 Super manual is clear, but the Nova is a blurry series of handheld pictures with unreadble text. Not much help.

It comes with no keys installed, or any North American Sats, but I found a North American sat list here and made my mods to it using the shareware channel editor. I can't get a softcam.key file apparently until I have posted 10 messages to this forum, which means I have 7 more things to post before I get to watch TV. I have attempted to make my own softcam.key file but don't have a good template and I am currently unable to post to the Keys forum to ask a question. I'm trying to figure out if the EMM key goes with the ECM key, but it is unclear. So please bear with me as I ask or tell 7 more things to get my count to 10.

droidsat

Re: Unpacking new V8 Nova

Post by droidsat »

The V8 Nova Orange didn't come with AV cables. Should it have? I bought the Orange version because my belief is that the International version of receivers is usually better supported than North American models, but in doing so I got a SCART connector instead of RCA jacks.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

droidsat wrote:I have been reading this forum for a while, before I ordered my Nova Orange and quite a bit since to make sure I would have it up and running quickly.

Unfortunately, the manual posted here is unreadable, so that was not any help. The V8 Super manual is clear, but the Nova is a blurry series of handheld pictures with unreadble text. Not much help.

It comes with no keys installed, or any North American Sats, but I found a North American sat list here and made my mods to it using the shareware channel editor. I can't get a softcam.key file apparently until I have posted 10 messages to this forum, which means I have 7 more things to post before I get to watch TV. I have attempted to make my own softcam.key file but don't have a good template and I am currently unable to post to the Keys forum to ask a question. I'm trying to figure out if the EMM key goes with the ECM key, but it is unclear. So please bear with me as I ask or tell 7 more things to get my count to 10.
The V8 super manual is for the most part the same as the V8 Nova and the menu is the same, if you have a v8 super working the softcam.key file will work on the v8 Nova and I think the CH list will work as well.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

Thanks for the reply.

I found the 6666 code in the V8 Super manual RAR file, but I don't have a .key file. It didn't come with one and I can't ask for one here until I have 10 posts, so I can't get a template until that time. I have my own keys already. I'm not asking for keys, just an example that I can build from.

I got a sat list from here and modded it with the editor and started scanning in the sats but being 99% done doesn't count without a .key file to build from.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

I don't see a LNB Power option. Is it hidden someplace? On most receivers it would be in the Antenna section.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

I don't see any way to edit PIDs or to add a channel manually. Is there a way? I have checked the manual and searched the forum, but can't find anything.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

I found LNB Power under Search Setting. I don't know why it is there along with Beeper and applies to all sats. Usually that would be in the Antenna section, would be part of the 13/18 18/13 setting. Good to know.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

The Nova Orange only has 1 USB port and its on the back. Are there any reasons I can't add a powered USB hub?

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

droidsat wrote:The Nova Orange only has 1 USB port and its on the back. Are there any reasons I can't add a powered USB hub?
I use a USB extender cable on mine so I don't have to pull the receiver every time I want to update it, I never tried a Hub on it.

Send me a PM and I will give you one key to help you get started, give me sat and TP info for where you want to start at.

BTW, 1 EMM, after that you need to have 10 or more after that before I give you any more keys, so send me a PM and we will get started getting you up to speed.

Never mind about the 10 post, you now have them, PM me and we will get started.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are some instructions on powervu here in the tools section

There is only one USB port as the other one is internal with the built in WiFi attached.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the same instructions in terms of inputting keys, but nothing about the format of the .key file. I don't understand if the EMM key is also supposed to be included and if it follows, so it it has its own section elsewhere in the file. No idea.

I sent a PM but haven't heard back from admins.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you "Export" your file from the conditional access / 6666 / key edit menu you will see the codes in the unit and their format.

The ones after the ---- ---- line are the ones the unit has found.

The newer freesat units now don't use the TP info with each code line.

EMM codes are use by the unit to find ECM codes.
There are instructions on the forum somewhere on how they list.
Here is one I found.
You can search the forum using "EMM"

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”