V8 Finder, suggestions and questions

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Tipo874

V8 Finder, suggestions and questions

Post by Tipo874 »

I just received my GTmedia V8 Finder and have started to figure out how it works.

I don't know if I got a fake unit or not, it looks like the original, it accepts the original firmware, but it says the battery is 3000 mAh and the display is rather crappy. I haven't (yet) opened it up. The battery seems to have decent capacity. I've played with it a few hours and the charge indicator still shows almost full.

Anyway, it seems to do what I expect it to do, but I have some comments and suggestions on the firmware.

My first grievance is with the satellite order, why is the list not sorted in longitudinal order?

My setup is 19.2E, 13E, 4.8E, 0.8W, and I expect that the 4.8W and 0.8W be fairly close, but instead the list goes from: 2.0E ... 156.0E, 0.8W ... 139.0W.

I suggest having the list as: 156.0E ... 2.0E, 0.8W ... 139.0W. This way the satellites that are close in the sky are close in the list.

The menu system shows a grey favorite button, what physical button is that?

How do I add channels to the favorite lists?

The manual is more or less useless

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder, suggestions and questions

Post by Feralkiwi »

The V8 Finder is based on the Freesat V7HD unit.
You can load any V7 channel list, including favorites.
You can use the editor to add the favorite groups you need.

The order of satellites in the sat list is the order you created them in that list, or the order they were created by who's list that is.
The channels then appear by satellite order in the order you scanned each satellite.
When you have the list as you like it back up to USB and then reload it.
This will be the "Default" order. See my notes on setting up a locked unit for how this works.

You can access the favorite lists by first pressing the OK button to bring up the channel list you are currently in and then press the blue button to bring up the "All Sats" list.

The info on genuine finders is in the announcements forum.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”