V8 Golden unable to connect to media server on LAN

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

vc2

V8 Golden unable to connect to media server on LAN

Post by vc2 »

My V8 Golden cannot find SMB (CIFS) or NFS media shares that are hosted on my local network. Is a configuration guide available? There's not much configuration info in the user manual.

vc2

Re: V8 Golden unable to connect to media server on LAN

Post by vc2 »

eumesmo wrote:
vc2 wrote:My V8 Golden cannot find SMB (CIFS) or NFS media shares that are hosted on my local network. Is a configuration guide available? There's not much configuration info in the user manual.
I've mine connected to my NAS via SAMBA, if it's a windows 10 machine then samba is version 3, i think you will have to change samba settings on windows to allow lower security connections.
SAMBA and SMB are the same protocol. The NAS SMB/Samba shares are visible to other PCs and devices on my network. V* Golden, however, does not see any of the devices that are present on my network. The question is how do I configure the V8 Golden to see any of the network devices?

V* Golden doesn't appear to support SMB/Samba or NFS network protocols. Is this really the case?

vc2

Re: V8 Golden unable to connect to media server on LAN

Post by vc2 »

eumesmo wrote:
vc2 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
vc2 wrote:My V8 Golden cannot find SMB (CIFS) or NFS media shares that are hosted on my local network. Is a configuration guide available? There's not much configuration info in the user manual.
I've mine connected to my NAS via SAMBA, if it's a windows 10 machine then samba is version 3, i think you will have to change samba settings on windows to allow lower security connections.
SAMBA and SMB are the same protocol. The NAS SMB/Samba shares are visible to other PCs and devices on my network. V* Golden, however, does not see any of the devices that are present on my network. The question is how do I configure the V8 Golden to see any of the network devices?

V* Golden doesn't appear to support SMB/Samba or NFS network protocols. Is this really the case?
Don't know if V8 golden searches for any shares, you must input the IP address and name of share, i will look into it as I get home, but i have static ip on my NAS and if i remember right i have input the ip address and share name on the config.
If your V8 golden is connect via wifi your router could be blocking discovery of devices over wifi.

best regards
Eumesmo
My connection is hard wired - not using WiFi.
What address syntax should I use to provide the SMB Share to the V8 Golden?

Is this correct? SMB://192.168.1.2/Media or NFS://192.168.1.2/Media

I've played around, but nothing seems to work. Is there a tutorial or white paper that covers network shares with some examples?

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”