Connect via Sat2ip from outside the local network.

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

RGG1

Connect via Sat2ip from outside the local network.

Post by RGG1 »

Hello,
Some time ago I made an attempt to connect from outside my local network to the interior and it did not work for me, now I try again. From the inside of my local network Sat2ip works perfectly with my V8. If there is someone working from the outside, can you please share the procedure to do it with the V8?
I have open port 81 of the router (which is the one used by the V8 connected by network cable) and a no-ip ddns account to access my local network from the outside because I have a dynamic ip from my ISP, but I am not able to to make it work.
As information I tell you that I have an ip camera inside my house and it works perfectly connecting me from the outside (from the street).
BR.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Connect via Sat2ip from outside the local network.

Post by Feralkiwi »

I remember a user that used Sat2IP from England to Auzzy.

Maybe around 2016. I will look through the posts to try to find it.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Feralkiwi wrote:I remember a user that used Sat2IP from England to Auzzy.

Owen
Hi Owen, thank you very much, you are very kind.
I was also looking in the forum but I didn't find nothing, if you find something please let me know or any other user of the forum. If I do not get it, I'll have to ask freesat / gtmedia technical support. It is strange that I do not work because the local network works very well and to try to connect from the outside I put the following but it does not work http://example.no-ip.org:81/(here I put the information of the extracted channel with the VLC program). Maybe I'm not doing something right.
BR.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:I remember a user that used Sat2IP from England to Auzzy.

Owen
Hi Owen, thank you very much, you are very kind.
I was also looking in the forum but I didn't find nothing, if you find something please let me know or any other user of the forum. If I do not get it, I'll have to ask freesat / gtmedia technical support. It is strange that I do not work because the local network works very well and to try to connect from the outside I put the following but it does not work http://example.no-ip.org:81/(here I put the information of the extracted channel with the VLC program). Maybe I'm not doing something right.
BR.
You need to edit the M3U file you use on VLC, using notepad or similar program, and edit the IP address inside to the DDNS service you use, and don't forget to open port 81 on your router, pointing to your Box IP address.
Hello eumesmo,
thank you very much, you are very kind. I remember that some time ago you helped me to configure it but I could not get it to work outside of my local network, inside my local network it works perfectly. I configure the file in .m3u format by also putting the program number that I extract with the VLC or with the dbeditor2.2.
Do you know any way to configure it to connect via browser or with IPTV pro, Wiseplay or similar applications?
BR.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:First you need to open remote access on your router, do you know how to do it? You should have static IP address on your SAT2IP device.
You also need a DDNS service, because your IP Address changes, do you know how to do it? do you already have this?
Last you must edit your M3U playlist and change the internal IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx to your DDNS name.

If you miss a step it will not work, but you only have to do this one time, SAT2IP requires a lot of bandwidth, as the stream is uncompressed, it will not work outside if you don't have at least 10MB upload for HD channels.
On mobile devices my sat2IP only plays SD channels.
I activated the sat2ip of the V8. I have opened port 81 of the router associated with the static IP of V8. Finally it looks like this for a tv channel like example http://my ddns account.no-ip.org:81/2351_0_1197_22000_0_1_176_62_1084_176_16.ts and it does not work for me.
Have you been able to watch TV with your mobile phone outside the local network?

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:First you need to open remote access on your router, do you know how to do it? You should have static IP address on your SAT2IP device.
You also need a DDNS service, because your IP Address changes, do you know how to do it? do you already have this?
Last you must edit your M3U playlist and change the internal IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx to your DDNS name.

If you miss a step it will not work, but you only have to do this one time, SAT2IP requires a lot of bandwidth, as the stream is uncompressed, it will not work outside if you don't have at least 10MB upload for HD channels.
I activated the sat2ip of the V8. I have opened port 81 of the router associated with the static IP of V8. Finally it looks like this for a tv channel like example http://my ddns account.no-ip.org:81/2351_0_1197_22000_0_1_176_62_1084_176_16.ts and it does not work for me.
Have you been able to watch TV with your mobile phone outside the local network?
Only SD channels, HD channels only on VLC, but it's the same inside the network, on my mobile device only SD Channels.
Being able to see only SD channels from outside my local network would be enough.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:

Only SD channels, HD channels only on VLC, but it's the same inside the network, on my mobile device only SD Channels.
Being able to see only SD channels from outside my local network would be enough.
I use GSE IPTV on my mobile device, VLC does not work on mobile.
Please confirm me if these example lines would be valid for 1 channel. Created using notepad, it is converted to .m3u and then loaded into GSE IPTV. It is right? If not, please edit the lines to see how they would work.
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,channel name
#EXTVLCOPT:program=program number extracted from VLC or dbeditor for example 30651
http://my ddns account.no-ip.org:81/2351_0_1197_22000_0_1_176_62_1084_176_16.ts
Once again thank you very much.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:

I use GSE IPTV on my mobile device, VLC does not work on mobile.
Please confirm me if these example lines would be valid for 1 channel. Created using notepad, it is converted to .m3u and then loaded into GSE IPTV. It is right? If not, please edit the lines to see how they would work.
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,channel name
#EXTVLCOPT:program=program number extracted from VLC or dbeditor for example 30651
http://my ddns account.no-ip.org:81/2351_0_1197_22000_0_1_176_62_1084_176_16.ts
Once again thank you very much.
Yes, it is right, does it work on internal network? using local IP address instead of DDNS service?
If it works internally then it must be something with your router / internet connection, maybe upload speed.
Yes, it works in the local network perfectly. I tested with the public IP instead of the ddns account and it does the same. The funny thing is that it does change channels, so I must have some small configuration problem, I have to keep investigating.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”