[V8 PRO2] SAT>IP does not work

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

MiTKiNG

[V8 PRO2] SAT>IP does not work

Post by MiTKiNG »

Hi, I have recently purchased this unit (v8 pro 2) and everything works as expected but Sat to ip does not :( I have upgraded to last firmware published on this site (2019). One of the main reasons to purchase this unit is for its SATIP DLNA funcionality which allows me to see a channel list on VLC and cast them to a chromecast TV without SAT input. I come from an Engel mini with a poor sat to ip implementation where you must now the channels based on internal ips and manually imput ip urls on VLC.

The thing is that I start Sat to ip on v8 pro 2 and I dont see anything on VLC, network searching never finds anything. Please could someone help me? I want this for a TV where I dont have Sat input.

Thank you!

RGG1

Re: [V8 PRO2] SAT>IP does not work

Post by RGG1 »

MiTKiNG wrote:Hi, I have recently purchased this unit (v8 pro 2) and everything works as expected but Sat to ip does not :( I have upgraded to last firmware published on this site (2019). One of the main reasons to purchase this unit is for its SATIP DLNA funcionality which allows me to see a channel list on VLC and cast them to a chromecast TV without SAT input. I come from an Engel mini with a poor sat to ip implementation where you must now the channels based on internal ips and manually imput ip urls on VLC.

The thing is that I start Sat to ip on v8 pro 2 and I dont see anything on VLC, network searching never finds anything. Please could someone help me? I want this for a TV where I dont have Sat input.

Thank you!
Make sure to activate the sat2ip in the menu, by default it is deactivated and each time the box is disconnected you have to activate it. It is also better to have the box connected by network cable. Finally close the VLC apk (close the apk, not just exit) and start it from the beginning, it will start loading the libraries and scanning the network. The channels should appear. Normally, this failure is because the VLC apk has not been closed. There are times that once the channel list is loaded, to see a channel you have to press twice.

MiTKiNG

Post by MiTKiNG »

Make sure to activate the sat2ip in the menu, by default it is deactivated and each time the box is disconnected you have to activate it. It is also better to have the box connected by network cable. Finally close the VLC apk (close the apk, not just exit) and start it from the beginning, it will start loading the libraries and scanning the network. The channels should appear. Normally, this failure is because the VLC apk has not been closed. There are times that once the channel list is loaded, to see a channel you have to press twice.
Thank you for your response. Im very sure that I have double checked all of this. My deco is connected via ethernet cable, satip menu is ON (I know it switches off when deco turns off), I have kill VLC app, uninstalled and reopen to scan network and same results :( Also I have installed other third party apps to scan the network and nothing...

Also from a local network windows computer pc I see in network a device called GT Media appearing and dissapearing all the time... Like something is wrong.

Is this a firmware problem? hardware problem? Can anyone confirm if satip is working with last firmware? Should I try another firmware?

Thank you!

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

MiTKiNG wrote:
Thank you for your response. Im very sure that I have double checked all of this. My deco is connected via ethernet cable, satip menu is ON (I know it switches off when deco turns off), I have kill VLC app, uninstalled and reopen to scan network and same results :( Also I have installed other third party apps to scan the network and nothing...

Also from a local network windows computer pc I see in network a device called GT Media appearing and dissapearing all the time... Like something is wrong.

Is this a firmware problem? hardware problem? Can anyone confirm if satip is working with last firmware? Should I try another firmware?

Thank you!
Hello,
It is strange what happens to you, it works perfectly for me both on the phone and on the PC, a folder called GTMedia appears as you say and inside another folder called satellite programs with the channels. The firmware that I have is the last one of 04.01.19.
BR.

MiTKiNG

Post by MiTKiNG »

Hello,
It is strange what happens to you, it works perfectly for me both on the phone and on the PC, a folder called GTMedia appears as you say and inside another folder called satellite programs with the channels. The firmware that I have is the last one of 04.01.19.
BR.
Thank you for your help. I have finally managed to solve my problem. Let me share my solution in case is valuable to other members. I have returned this rubbish and purchased an Vu+ Zero which actually works. And everything is working as expected.

mivilleb

Post by mivilleb »

I have the exact same problem with the nova v8, getting no response from the support or forum. I guess I will have to do the same and return the box.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

I also can't get it to work (neither with the V8 Super nor V8 Pro 2). The problem seems to be compatibility issues with certain network hardware due to Freesat's SatiP implementation.

Perhaps the Freesat code conforms to the Satip standard but oftentimes in real world environments more is needed.

Our options would be to swap out network hardware until you find something that plays nice with the Freesats or swap out the box for a unit that has a more robust and forgiving implementation like MITKING did.

I would not hold out hope that Freesat will remedy this.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

For v8 PRO 2

After import files custom IPTV ,I found some channel did not keep in box all same url server or come back to TV satellite occur encrypted program all time of the first channel or sometime TV channel not decode and show encrypted program must go to other channel and come back again will show broadcasting or slow active.

For V8 Super or V8 Golden is working fine.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”