Gtmedia support

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

voyager1972

Gtmedia support

Post by voyager1972 »

having purchased a few of these boxes for clients to view certain channels,,,,i find the support offered by the team to be somewhat dissapointing to say the least..ive had other boxes in the past with closed source firmware " mention no names "theres support was excellent.....there has been no updates since early december,,,not even a an explanation or timescale on firmware updates,,,,,,............PS ....NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Captain Ron

Re: Gtmedia support

Post by Captain Ron »

IMO thats why it pays to have 2 - 3 different brands of receivers, not all brands have updates that come out the same speed all the time and right now they are on Chinese New Year so most are on Holiday and all Chinese made boxes will be delayed on fixes.

Also if you are buying receivers and selling them to "clients" as you said and (probably at a higher price than what you paid) then its hard for me to feel sympathy for you. I feel more for your clients.

Sorry if you feel i'm being mean or rude, its not my intention but just telling you honestly how I feel.

If a mod doesn't like my post then they have my permission to remove it!

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

listen voyager1972 they don't just release update quicker but they also ignored most of the problems mentioned here, especially the easy ones to fixed I noticed, waisting their precious time fixing unnecessary bugs. I will be very concerned if i was selling these units like you, as the return number of units will be high. They think the receivers are cheap so why should we bother...but fixed at least the basic bugs men

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

voyager1972 wrote:having purchased a few of these boxes for clients to view certain channels,,,,i find the support offered by the team to be somewhat dissapointing to say the least..ive had other boxes in the past with closed source firmware " mention no names "theres support was excellent.....there has been no updates since early december,,,not even a an explanation or timescale on firmware updates,,,,,,............PS ....NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Read forum rules!!! NO capital letters!!!

CHI

Post by CHI »

voyager1972 wrote:having purchased a few of these boxes for clients to view certain channels,,,,i find the support offered by the team to be somewhat dissapointing to say the least..ive had other boxes in the past with closed source firmware " mention no names "theres support was excellent.....there has been no updates since early december,,,not even a an explanation or timescale on firmware updates,,,,,,............PS ....NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I do believe they are working on updates. This week they have released a fix for Iptv, youtube and include greek language for v8pro2, although it did not include powervu update, its a good sign that after the Chinese holiday is over, they now resumed working.
The good thing about GT media is when they update, they go three hashmodes ahead to avoid updating every now and then.
So lets keep our hope high!

gsjagdevz

Post by gsjagdevz »

hii,
i am update 4-01-19 firmware update in my set top box. after update I am not 14-02-2019 firmware update my gtmedia v8 nova blue model.i am connected usb but not show. disconnect the usb then show notification in the display.please suggest me to other way to update set top box.
Gurpreet Singh

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

gsjagdevz wrote:hii,
i am update 4-01-19 firmware update in my set top box. after update I am not 14-02-2019 firmware update my gtmedia v8 nova blue model.i am connected usb but not show. disconnect the usb then show notification in the display.please suggest me to other way to update set top box.
Gurpreet Singh
Most Freesat update files all have the same name inside the .zip folder.
I rename these files with the date so I can see which is which when I use my USB stick for updates.

Check that you have the correct file on your USB stick.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”